If you lived 5 minutes from the WORLD'S BEST POOL ROOM...

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
Would you put a table in your house?

Would you put a table in your house if you had to add on or rebuild?

JoeyA

Gerry

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I put a table in my house BECAUSE I live so close to a great room! Trying to practice while my competition watches is counter productive. Hitting balls because I can;t sleep etc is priceless!

G.

Mikjary

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Putting a table in your house is the ultimate move. Nobody knows you're in dead whack 'cause they never see you practicing in the pool room. They ask you to play thinking you're out of stroke. Little do they know you've been wearing the felt down at your house and are ready to go! :cool:

Best,
Mike

JumpinJoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you live 5 minutes from "The Worlds Best Pool Hall"
I'd invest in a gun or 2 and plenty of ammo.

mr8ball

I had one in my house and got to where I did not play on it at all. It was so boring to play by myself. I sold the table and now really miss it. I would have another one if I could. So I guess I am saying yes. LOL

Masayoshi

Fusenshou no Masa
Silver Member
My parent's house (I don't live there anymore) is 5-10 minutes from Hard Times, but I always wanted my own pool table. The problem with playing at a pool hall is that you feel like you have to spend your time more productively because of the marginal cost and that means practice tends to favor things that are more useful in a match over things that aren't that useful. Not to mention the distractions at a pool hall that prevent you from actually practicing the whole time you are there.

jeffj2h

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a table and would still put a table in my house.

However if I were retired and had money to burn, in addition to the table at my house, id meet a coach at the poolhall each morning for a 2 hour workout.

Gunn_Slinger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you live 5 minutes from "The Worlds Best Pool Hall"
I'd invest in a gun or 2 and plenty of ammo.
Lol Joe. I lived 15 mins from Beenies room in the 70's and never even thought about a home table! Beenies was open 24/7. I was there 300 nites a year for 10 yrs. Home table would never get used except for ...welll..not pool.
Joe, I had guns and ammo...but so did 'they '. Of course, I had Albert to protect me...lol.
Practice was playin $10 9 ball and $20 banks.

poolguppy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Absolutely i would still have my own, even if i had to build (assuming i could afford too). Theres nothing like waking up and shooting a couple racks in your pajamas and a cup of coffee or a bloody mary on weekends lol i would howeber leave my good cues at home and only take the sneaky pete to the hall

rheester

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
if you build it, they will come

not sure who "they" would be, but i sure as hell am gonna find out. gotta first scrounge up some funds

MahnaMahna

Beefcake. BEEFCAKE!!
Silver Member
Lol Joe. I lived 15 mins from Beenies room in the 70's and never even thought about a home table! Beenies was open 24/7. I was there 300 nites a year for 10 yrs. Home table would never get used except for ...welll..not pool.

Joe, I had guns and ammo...but so did 'they '. Of course, I had Albert to protect me...lol.

Practice was playin $10 9 ball and $20 banks.

Ok, Joey got the post he was looking for so now he can make his point......

obsespool

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Would you put a table in your house?

Would you put a table in your house if you had to add on or rebuild?

JoeyA
Absolutely!! Would never be without a table at home! Have never raced so fast to post a response on this forum.

terminal_288

@terminal_288
Silver Member
Yes, yes I would. for those days you want to focus on something but don't want to look like a newb in public. Or when you roll out of bed at some ungodly hour and want to shoot a rack or 2 before crawling back to bed. Heading out in to the world is a good thing but sometimes hunkering down at home is good to.

Gunn_Slinger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Home was for sleep and ..well..not pool. I hated to ever leave Bennies..might miss something...always something going on...learning watching the best players in the country...Action for me...etc. Best and fastest way to learn was in the pool room. Pool school was the way to go. Hated to miss a day!

Slickstick9

Play on
Silver Member
I like the playing conditions better at home. Don't have the drive to be out every night like I used to, but I still like to hit balls especially after work. my sanctuary

JolietJames

Boot Party Coordinator
Silver Member
I never do my drills in public. The only time I have an audience is when I'm helping someone improve their game. I sold my table when I moved and will be buying another as soon as possible. I will always have a table much to my wife's chagrin.