Earl banned by Pat?

Sofla

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I heard something happened in his last match with Niels, which I didn't see.

Checking later, the chart showed his score at 8, but also an 'F' for forfeit. So I'm not clear if Niels finished it at 11 and then the situation happened, or if it happened before it ended and Niels was awarded the match by forfeit.

I was reliably informed Early was asked to leave and told he was not welcome to return next year.

Any details anyone has, please share.

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
I don't know any details about Earl being banned, but he unscrewed late in his match against Niels. That is why there is a score and a forfeit.

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
I just spoke to Pat. He has no idea who would have told Earl that he was not welcome next year.

Mike

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
I just spoke to Pat. He has no idea who would have told Earl that he was not welcome next year.

Mike

More people need to tell him that though. He is such an incredible talent but an incredible ass too. Start holding him accountable for his actions and he might clean up his act some.

PRED

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He doesn't get the free roll next year, right? No past Champions free entry?

Eric.

Club a member
Silver Member
I heard rumors that Earl was asked to leave the arena or the tournament due to some really bad behavior. I don't have any facts or testimony but do know there was an obvious issue.

Eric

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I don't know any details about Earl being banned, but he unscrewed late in his match against Niels. That is why there is a score and a forfeit.
Two years ago he forfeited against Josh Roberts when the score was about 9-7 after Josh had the temerity to tell Earl to be quiet. Josh left for his break and Earl packed up and left while Josh was gone.

In my view if a player forfeits for no good reason all his prize money should be forfeited also. Money is added to get players there so the audience will have top matches to watch.

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I saw what Earl did last week at The Dismal Swamp classic and his behavior was way out of line imo

Maybe he should get banned for acting that way.

Last edited:

DawgAndy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
eventually Earl will get permabanned, it's just a matter of time. He's going to act like that to the wrong guys. Guys who aren't going to give him the free "Earl being Earl " pass

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Two years ago he forfeited against Josh Roberts when the score was about 9-7 after Josh had the temerity to tell Earl to be quiet. Josh left for his break and Earl packed up and left while Josh was gone.

In my view if a player forfeits for no good reason all his prize money should be forfeited also. Money is added to get players there so the audience will have top matches to watch.

I like that, Bob...forfeit all prize money.

...another beef I got is players conceding games...it must be confusing for uninformed
spectators.....and those are the one that can make professional pool grow.

Ak Guy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well.....

Trash talking goes on in most sports, but it should not go on in pool matches. If one can't get along playing against a shooter like Niels there is some thing wrong with you.

Maybe there is some thing wrong with Earl and he can't control himself. Maybe he has enough of a retirement stored up where he does not worry about being banned from tournaments.

Maybe he is not worried about being banned, because it rarely happens to professional pool players. So until he is reined in he will continue with his bad behavior. If he had not been the top tier player for so long would his behavior be tolerated?

He does not mind taping him self up before matches, maybe he should tape his mouth shut?

I wish he would control him self, when he is on good behavior he is a joy to watch with that powerful stroke.

korey

Registered
Good for the sport

Spectators are there to be entertained. It can be by an emotionless wet blanket running a 6 pack or the Pearl. Earl's tables always have the biggest following. I wish he was at the Derby every year so I could watch the show for nine days.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Spectators are there to be entertained. It can be by an emotionless wet blanket running a 6 pack or the Pearl. Earl's tables always have the biggest following. I wish he was at the Derby every year so I could watch the show for nine days.

And professional players are there to play and conduct themselves as professionals .
Some people like watching train wrecks .
Some people like to watch professional players play at world class level .

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I'd rather pool not get the same reputation as say Jersey Shore or the Kardashians.

Bic D

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I saw what Earl did last week at The Dismal Swamp classic and his behavior was way out of line imo

Maybe he should get banned for acting that way.

I heard something happened there but didn't hear the details

trophycue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Barry Hearn

eventually Earl will get permabanned, it's just a matter of time. He's going to act like that to the wrong guys. Guys who aren't going to give him the free "Earl being Earl " pass

There's a new sheriff coming to town..........Barry Hearn . He made his millions by making snooker a clean and respected sport , and deals harshly with those that break the rules . I believe he wants to build a USA tour , and would be easy to see him and Earl clashing . As Hearn did with one of the all time great snooker players Alex Higgins . One fine and suspension after the other For Higgins, and finally a long enough ban to never play on the tour again. Several others banned for life since then . Barry Hearn is a my way or the highway kinda guy, we will see how this goes over in the USA . I think pool in the USA is possibly on the verge of seeing the revival it has yearned for.

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I thoroughly enjoy watching Earl play, (he has enormous talent), and enjoy just as much watching him make an ass of himself. I also enjoy knowing that the best has yet to come. He's only gonna be more entertaining. As he ages, his temper will be shorter and tantrums more explosive as these up & coming youngsters wear his ass out, especially if they let out a little giggle or look him in the eye with a smirk on their face. Can you imagine if he hears a few snickers from the audience? Yep, it's gonna get better, I hope nobody bans him! lol

Last edited: