Corrupt Site?

PoolBoy1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In the live stream forum is a site from i think China that my Avast software says is corrupt. CBSA pool 9 ball. How does a site like this slip through? Or is it not corrupt? Just Avast?

RoadHustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
corrupt?

In the live stream forum is a site from i think China that my Avast software says is corrupt. CBSA pool 9 ball. How does a site like this slip through? Or is it not corrupt? Just Avast?

What do you mean corrupt? You'll need to be more specific if you want a clear answer. Did avast allow you to see the specific issue?

If I had to speculate about what you are saying. I would bet avast is flagging the site accidentally. Its pretty easy to get flagged by avast and then requires the webmaster contacting them about the false positive to get it removed. Its kinda work to figure out what caused the false positive in the first place and can be something as silly as a poorly coded webpage. I went to the CBSA link and at first glance nothing really shady stands out. They may be on shared hosting with another site that caused this server to be flagged.

PoolBoy1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What do you mean corrupt? You'll need to be more specific if you want a clear answer. Did avast allow you to see the specific issue?

If I had to speculate about what you are saying. I would bet avast is flagging the site accidentally. Its pretty easy to get flagged by avast and then requires the webmaster contacting them about the false positive to get it removed. Its kinda work to figure out what caused the false positive in the first place and can be something as silly as a poorly coded webpage. I went to the CBSA link and at first glance nothing really shady stands out. They may be on shared hosting with another site that caused this server to be flagged.

Thanks for the reply...

jimmyg

Mook! What's a Mook?
Silver Member
I, too, use Avast, but haven't gotten any "corrupt" notices about Az.

PoolBoy1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I, too, use Avast, but haven't gotten any "corrupt" notices about Az.
BTW it also showed up again from a 2nd attempt. I will avoid this address. Why mess with a suspect site when there are plenty of safe ones to visit.

Last edited:

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I watch streams from this site all the time with no issues

i watched Alex Pagulayan vs Chang today great match Alex won :grin:

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
BTW it also showed up again from a 2nd attempt. I will avoid this address. Why mess with a suspect site when there are plenty of safe ones to visit.

I would do same also.. because I got Avast too and it have been really good software so far. That pre warning is nice IMO. got it so far from 2 different places.