Bought my 1st Carolina back

zrx replica

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sold it 6yrs. ago, bought my 2nd. Bud wanted it for what I gave for it. Called the 1st CC owner to see if he would sell it so I could sell 2nd to friend so I can still still have one. Liked both equally, so feel it was a swap for both of us. Not alot of these in our area, so it's kool there is two of these hitting balls at our poolroom locally. Too bad Trevor & Co. had to shut down thier cue building op...Everyone that has hit ballz with either of these here got big props. MakingTascTraditional type cues was thier thing.

Attachments

• carolina 1 butt.jpg
    carolina 1 butt.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 754
Last edited:

zrx replica

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
trying to post forearm pic. try again?

Attachments

• carolina 1 fore-joint.jpg
    carolina 1 fore-joint.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 735

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I Had To Return One Of My Customs......

It's a sweet hitter for me.Left handed too! Lol

Really pissed me off when I had to return one of my new customs just finished at the end of May.
I won't mention the cue-maker since I like him way too much to condemn him on Az or elsewhere.

The specifications I provided were down to the tiniest detail from the actual design to different weight & sizes.
I couldn't have been more exact or absolutely crystal clear about the cues specs except for one simple aspect.

He sent me a left-handed cue & I forgot to tell him I'm right handed. I'm trying to adjust to the cue but it is tough.
Vertical English is unchanged but Horizontal is the opposite so I use reverse instead of running English for shape.

Man, I screwed up big time by not reminding him I'm right handed so my cue-maker is making me a new cue.
In hindsight, perhaps I should have gotten a CC cue built for ambidextrous play unlike my customs that aren't.

Matt B.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Really pissed me off when I had to return one of my new customs just finished at the end of May.
I won't mention the cue-maker since I like him way too much to condemn him on Az or elsewhere.

The specifications I provided were down to the tiniest detail from the actual design to different weight & sizes.
I couldn't have been more exact or absolutely crystal clear about the cues specs except for one simple aspect.

He sent me a left-handed cue & I forgot to tell him I'm right handed. I'm trying to adjust to the cue but it is tough.
Vertical English is unchanged but Horizontal is the opposite so I use reverse instead of running English for shape.

Man, I screwed up big time by not reminding him I'm right handed so my cue-maker is making me a new cue.
In hindsight, perhaps I should have gotten a CC cue built for ambidextrous play unlike my customs that aren't.

Matt B.

Obviously you learned an important lesson.

I think very often players just don't understand the nature of this problem.

In any case, this spectacular cue is also ambidextrous? :eek:

Bravo! :thumbup:

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There was a CC Bushka design cue on the Forum back in late 2014.....it had a white joint......don't know if it was ivory.
Regardless, the execution and color scheme was just spectacular & it had CL #9 too .....the fancy etched MOP diamonds
were just straight edge sharp as could be & jet black ebony points flanked by fantastic black,orange, green & natural veneers.

Absolutely a can't take your eyes off of it type cue......in genuine hindsight, sure wish I had gotten it.

zrx replica

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They mostly made steel jointed cues from what I understand unless ordered that way? I should of saved thier cue gallery from the website before they shut down. Liked alot of what was on it.

Last edited:

Billiardbd

Registered
Love my Carolina! Wouldn't get rid of mine for all the tea in China. I have owned dozens of cues and my carolinas have always just played unreal. Such a precise hit, even there standard shafts are so good with minimum deflection. Great firm hot. And the quality is top notch. I have two Carolinas, when I see one for sale which is rare I try to jump on it. It is a shame Trever no longer makes cues. Good luck with it and thanks for showing us!