Help for Cathedral High School Billiard Team

mfinkelstein3

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
HELP FOR CATHEDRAL HIGH SCHOOL BILLIARD TEAM

Due to cut backs across the board in the school budget, Cathedral High School’s support has left a shortfall of $1600.00 in sending the three qualifiers, the coach and chaperone to Las Vegas for this year’s Junior Nationals in August.

The team ran 12 bake sales this year raising over $2000.00, I personally donated $1000.00 and Mark Powell gave $500.00, bringing our total raised to $3500.00. With the school’s help we are still about $1600.00 short of what we project will be needed to cover all the costs involved in the Las Vegas trip. This is a close-to-the-bone trip with not a lot of extras (e.g., the kids and chaperone are all staying in one room, meal allowances per person are limited, etc.).

The school is also setting up a GoFundMe type page, but that won't be ready until the end of July and is too late for this year’s Junior Nationals. Likewise, though expected in the future, we haven't been authorized yet to pursue corporate donors by the Board of Directors.

All money you send will be spent on sending the three girls (Eliana Rodriguez 17, Sharon Villacres 16, and Ariana Dumeng 17), chaperone Martha Dumeng, and coach Mike Muldoon to Las Vegas for the Junior Nationals and for expenses incurred on this trip. Anything left over will be held by the Billiard Club for use next year.

Please mail you donations to Mike Muldoon c/o Cathedral High School, 350 East 56th Street, NY, NY 10022. The school will provide an official letter thanking you for your generosity and making your donation a tax deduction. Also please send me an email at mfinkelstein3@icloud.com letting me know you sent some money so we can look for it at the school office.

Thank you in advance for helping to foster the sport of pool, helping some young kids go on a once-in-a-lifetime trip, and getting yourself a tax write off!

mfinkelstein3

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Please keep the help coming

So far we have raised $50.00! Thank you! Anything that you can send is greatly appreciated!

mfinkelstein3

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
CHS High School Billiard Club

Things have slowed down on getting support.

The kids have started training every day and to sweeten the pot, I have put together a collection of cluster shots from the old straight pool players. Send a contribution to the High School team and I'll send you the link for these shots. These are shots that you really have to see to believe, and I haven't seen too many in print.

Just let me know what you sent in an email to mfinkelstein3@icloud.com so I can send you the link and keep track of the donations.

Thank you in advance.

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
its nice you put in a bunch. but its their trip and for them to fund it. nowadays it seems everyone wants someone else to pay for their expenses.

mfinkelstein3

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Trip

Not really. These kids put in a ton of effort baking cookies and cakes and did 12-13 bake sales. Last year the school funded the trip, but this year late in the game due to budget cuts the school cut back on their funding somewhat.

Because of the timing, this seemed like a way to make up some of the shortfall.

We aren't looking for a free ride at all. It has been quite impressive how much work these kids have done to raise money for this trip. They just fell a bit short.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not really. These kids put in a ton of effort baking cookies and cakes and did 12-13 bake sales. Last year the school funded the trip, but this year late in the game due to budget cuts the school cut back on their funding somewhat.

Because of the timing, this seemed like a way to make up some of the shortfall.

We aren't looking for a free ride at all. It has been quite impressive how much work these kids have done to raise money for this trip. They just fell a bit short.

I'm guessing the parents are lower income? We have a few kids that are going to Nationals in a similar situation, although the money you raised is well over what our junior league raises for fundraisers. We end up with about $2,500 -$3,000 divided between a dozen kids or so.

mfinkelstein3

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
CHS Billiard Club

So far we have collected $150.00. Thank you to everyone who has helped us!

Remember whatever you give, you'll get a copy of 38 cluster shots from the old days of straight pool. Some you have to see to believe!

Thank you in advance!

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Mark, it's a little late for me to mail a check from L.A. to New York, but I would like to donate $500 to your team. Let me know the best way to do it. Paypal would be great.

mfinkelstein3

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Chs

OMG Thank you so much Jay! I'll put you in touch with Mike Muldoon, the teacher for tge team!