bringing your own set of pool balls

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I
Curious as to how many people bring their own set of pool balls to use.
I keep a full set in my locker for one hole or 14:1.

If the situation warrants it, yes. Not very often though. Usually when I think something is fishy, otherwise we both play with what ever the house offers.

Last edited:

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member
In addition to a nice set of Centennials and Super Aramiths, I'm kind of attached to this old set of Hyatt Vitalites, which I'll bring now and then. Quite old, built in Albany, and some people notice them.

Sometimes I'll even bring the dark bakelite cue ball in the second picture. People can't take their eyes off it.

A guy's got to have a set of balls. At least one.

All the best,
WW

Attachments

• Vitallite.jpg
    Vitallite.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 179
  • Three Cue Balls.jpg
    Three Cue Balls.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 179

RobMan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I also carry a set to 14.1 league. Aramith Tournament. Actually I carry them in most of the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have 3 daughters so pink is a color I'm very comfortable with
and I really enjoy Pink as a singer too. I'm a well rounded guy.

Michael Andros

tiny balls, GIANT pockets
Silver Member
Curious as to how many people bring their own set of pool balls to use.
I keep a full set in my locker for one hole or 14:1.

Being now in possession of 3 ( 1 new, 2 like-new ) Blue Circles, 1 new Red Circle and 3 new Black Period cue balls, I've been taking one of them ( rotating ) to the room on a fairly regular basis lately. And while the difference I feel playing with them may largely be psychological, I am definitely enjoying using them. And, damnit,I CAN tell the difference... I think. In a way.

:yeah:

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Someone is trying to sell a set of ivory billiard balls which is illegal in NY State,
Hee hee hee...don't cry if bad things happen when you knowingly break the law.

JeffreyNV

Mr. Clean
bringing your own set

If you know your going to a room where the balls are of either poor quality and/or dinged and chipped, then yes. You should select a set based upon the quality of table/pockets, as worn pockets will ruin a good set in no time at all when hit at a full stroke speed.

Over the years, I've owned many sets, from Antique Ivorylene and Hyatt's, to a wide range of vintage/new Aramith (standard, continental, premier, super pro, tournament, etc), and of course, sets of Brunswick Heritage, Century and Centennial balls.

That said, I've sworn by the Centennials for years, but find that the Aramith Tournament Balls to be of the best quality for competitive play. Aramith also makes a fine ball case, as you'd want to take good care of a high quality ball set. Hope this is helpful.