Was Rempe and Varner better All-Around Players than Sigel, Strickland, and Archer?

LeftyIke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would choose Allison Fisher or Jean Balukas, as the Greatest Female Player, ever. There is still a lot of Sexism in Pool, as if just not having a Vagina, automatically makes you better. Some Women are better Players than some Men, some Women have superior skills to some Men. All men don’t have great breaking-abilities. Similarly, just because some White Male pool Players played Blacks before Civil-Rights laws were passed in 1965, doesn’t mean that they weren’t Racist. If you deny Players the Right to play, based on their Color, Ethnicity, or Sex, is racist and discriminatory.

Women face gender discrimination, and biased media coverage, often highlighting their appearance, sexuality, and femininity, putting emphasis on bodies and sexuality. Only 1.4% of ESPN’s coverage, were of Women’s Sports. Social acceptance also plays a role. There are simply more Men playing than Women, and obviously, strength isn’t the most important thing to have, to be successful in Pool. With the sheer number of Japanese, Chinese, Taiwanese, European, and Filipino players that have been, and are currently exposed to the game of Pool, it’s no wonder that they have been so dominant in different disciplines of the game, and have been so dominant in International play, where America used to dominate.

USAPL.NYC

Registered
I am lucky enough to know Jean since Fort Hamilton HS in Brooklyn. Jean is still a solid player. In fact, if she wanted to, she could come back a still be a force to be reckoned with. Jean was such a strong player in her prime, the men's tour changed the rules for player attire just to push Jean out of the men's events. I would love to see Jean play in a "Hall of Fame/ Challenge of Champions" event or tour.