30 Years Ago - Bludworth Makes Hall Cues

Korsakoff

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I'm cleaning up to make room for my new Diamond Paragon arriving Saturday. I was flipping through some old magazines and remembered a thread a while back on one of the AZB forums about Leonard Bludworth making Buddy Hall cues. I can't remember what it was about, but I'm posting this in case if may be of interest to someone.

Texas Billiard News was published on pretty cheap paper and all black & white. I was able to convert the text pretty easily and only performed minor editing for grammar and readability. The pictures were very difficult - underexposed and low resolution - but I did my best to clean them up a bit (barely). Anyway, here's the article:

NEW “BUDDY HALL” SERIES CUES
By Willie Elder
Texas Billiard News, June 1990, Vol 4 No 3

Buddy Hall and Leonard Bludworth have teamed together to produce a series of new custom cues. Buddy has designed the cue and the craftsmanship falls in the hands of Leonard Bludworth.

Buddy has designed five different models. Each cue is a signature series limited addition, and only 200 of each model will be made. Each cue will come with two shafts and have a serial number, and a title signed personally by Buddy.

Mr. Bludworth designed his own joint pin and tap and has searched the country for a company that would meet his specs. This joint configuration is his own and cannot be copied by anyone. The interior and exterior of the new cues has been changed, making the cues unlike any other on the market. Buddy adds that these cues are just a super hitting cue, probably the best hitting cue that he’s played with so far. The cues are going to range in price from $400 to $1200 and will be available to the public in the near future. Place your order early!

GATHERING
I had a little gathering at my house and brought along Leonard Bludworth, Jersey Red, myself Willie Elder, Buddy Hall and Dick Lane. We had a beautiful conversation and spent the evening telling pool stories. See picture below.

EXHIBITION
Buddy Hall went to Beaumont, Texas and put on an exhibition at Ralph's Corner Pocket Friday May 11th at 9 PM against Tommy Sanders. The exhibition was MC'ed by Willie Elder along with coverage by Channel 6 of Beaumont.

The night began with a match between Willie Elder and Ralph Braswell, race to 9, best 2 of 3, and then a match between Buddy Hall and Tommy Sanders. Buddy won 2 in a row, 9-5 and 9-6. The audience loved it and it was a beautiful exhibition.

HARDTIMES CAFE
I would also like to mention the opening of the Hardtimes Cafe & Billiards located near Houston at 240 Community Drive, New Caney, TX (713) 354-5992. Hardtimes had its grand opening on May 27th. The night consisted of free BBQ and an exhibition by Jersey Red and myself.

Bludworth and Hall 02.jpg

Group 02.jpg

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I hit balls with Buddy's cue back then. Nice pole. His was pretty simple and was balanced just right.