Orcullo vs Woodward

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Filler turned down playing Shane a long race of 10 Ball earlier in the year. Shane isn't ducking anyone gambling in a long race of 10 ball.

Cracks me up all these people who don't know the whole story All you people that think Filler has the best of it put up some money and stake him. Just so you know his current stakehorses don't want anything to do with playing Shane.

Will Shane play him 9 ball? This was discussed earlier but nothing ever happened

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If Dennis wants a challenge, play Sky 8b on the small table. I think either Sky or Shane is the best. Leaning Sky.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
If Dennis wants a challenge, play Sky 8b on the small table. I think either Sky or Shane is the best. Leaning Sky.

I honestly don't think Dennis will back down from any game that doesn't involve Shane.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
I honestly don't think Dennis will back down from any game that doesn't involve Shane.

At the 2019 Derby, both Shane and Dennis backed down from JL Chang, wisely in my view. And yes, I was there and saw it firsthand. Only Filler stepped up to the plate, beating Chang 17-14 in a 10-ball race.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
At the 2019 Derby, both Shane and Dennis backed down from JL Chang, wisely in my view. And yes, I was there and saw it firsthand. Only Filler stepped up to the plate, beating Chang 17-14 in a 10-ball race.

Wow, good to know. I would have liked to see the Filler/Chang match.

jokrswylde

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Was there any extenuating circumstances that you were aware of (i.e., early match time the next morning, backer backing out, was Chang putting them in a trap with game stipulations, etc.) Or if easier to answer, did SVB or Dennis give a reason for not playing, other than they felt they wouldn't like the outcome?

Just rarely, if ever, hear of those two ducking.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member

Please, no bar box pool .
It proves nothing .
Dennis is not a great bar boxer.
Alex, maybe.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Please, no bar box pool .
It proves nothing .
Dennis is not a great bar boxer.
Alex, maybe.

Joey, don't know if you saw the match with Justin Bergman and Dennis on a Diamond bar box - Dennis played like god on that table.

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, he won the world 9 and US Open, didn't he ?

He did. On the topic of whether Filler is the future of the game I'd say he has as good a chance of anybody if he continues to put in the work but I'm from Missouri. Show me.

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rick Flair said it best. To be the man you gotta beat the man.

Is Filler willing to spend the long hours at a table daily to stay sharp? You have to give Shane credit for that. He stays in pool shape by putting in the time.

Like a fighter who gets fat some pool players are on top for a short time and then they fade.
Uh...Shane's been fishing for 6 months. He's not gonna play much because there's almost nothing to play for.

Filler has a new pool club and plays/trains all the time.

The best time for them to have played was last winter. I fear the chance to both see them in top form is not as long as some may think. If pool don't pickup, there won't be a reason to travel.

LHP5

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Uh...Shane's been fishing for 6 months. He's not gonna play much because there's almost nothing to play for.

The best time for them to have played was last winter. I fear the chance to both see them in top form is not as long as some may think. If pool don't pickup, there won't be a reason to travel.

And that’s the problem. A fully motivated and hungry svb vs a rising prove it I’m going to take your crown Filler would be epic. Current form svb from what we all can see the past few years is just not as dominant.

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rick Flair said it best. To be the man you gotta beat the man.

Is Filler willing to spend the long hours at a table daily to stay sharp? You have to give Shane credit for that. He stays in pool shape by putting in the time.

Like a fighter who gets fat some pool players are on top for a short time and then they fade.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Was there any extenuating circumstances that you were aware of (i.e., early match time the next morning, backer backing out, was Chang putting them in a trap with game stipulations, etc.) Or if easier to answer, did SVB or Dennis give a reason for not playing, other than they felt they wouldn't like the outcome?

Just rarely, if ever, hear of those two ducking.

There were no extenuating circumstances. In fact, the offer to gamble was available to both of them for the entire length of the 2019 Derby. JL Chang said that they and any one else who was at the Derby could bet up to 30,000. Day after day passed and nobody stepped up to the plate until Filler did so on the next to last night of the Derby. Both Orcullo and SVB were there to sweat some of Chang vs Filler in Ray Hansen's action room. FYI, during the Bigfoot 10-ball early in the week, JL Chang had beaten SVB and ultimately beat Filler in a brilliantly played, hotly contested, final.

Last edited:

Catalin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
While these guys are bickering, here in Switzerland they silently go at it.
f91188ba4b5219e0a74b1c5e7fa8a215.jpg

Julian

evergruven

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
While these guys are bickering, here in Switzerland they silently go at it.
f91188ba4b5219e0a74b1c5e7fa8a215.jpg

Julian

nice..I notice regli is 20 fargo points higher than can
orcollo 20 points higher than sky
especially in a long race, that's not chicken feed, is it?

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
nice..I notice regli is 20 fargo points higher than can
orcollo 20 points higher than sky
especially in a long race, that's not chicken feed, is it?

Agreed, 20 points is a quite a bit to fade in a long match. That said, I think Can Salim has a gear that his Fargo may not uncover. He's a very strong player, and came within a whisker of beating Orcullo in the DCC 9-ball this year, missing an easy five ball four balls from the finish line in a double hill loss, and thereby reviving Orcullo's ultimately successful pursuit of Master of the Table.

Tin Man

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Remember Can Salim beat Vilmos Foldes who was rated around 770 when Can was around 730 or something. Fargo Rate isn't 'wrong', it just shows us history. It can be outperformed by people steering into a bright future.

Funny story, I played Can in a tournament a few years ago and had no idea who he was. I played pretty well but he played great. I think he had me down a bit, I made a comeback, but he beat me by a game or two. All of a sudden everyone in the place comes up to me and congratulates me on a great set. I was so confused. I lost! Then I find out he's this legend from overseas. I still didn't get it. I was bummed to be eliminated and upset that I couldn't generate more opportunities off of my break. I just thought it was funny in retrospect people were so excited to see how well I lost...

8cree

Reverse Engineer
Silver Member
Remember Can Salim beat Vilmos Foldes who was rated around 770 when Can was around 730 or something. Fargo Rate isn't 'wrong', it just shows us history. It can be outperformed by people steering into a bright future.

Funny story, I played Can in a tournament a few years ago and had no idea who he was. I played pretty well but he played great. I think he had me down a bit, I made a comeback, but he beat me by a game or two. All of a sudden everyone in the place comes up to me and congratulates me on a great set. I was so confused. I lost! Then I find out he's this legend from overseas. I still didn't get it. I was bummed to be eliminated and upset that I couldn't generate more opportunities off of my break. I just thought it was funny in retrospect people were so excited to see how well I lost...
Similar to the College Football Playoff Committee on how they view wins/losses. A quality loss can sometimes get you further than a terrible win. It's all about perspective I reckon