2005 US Open

thecardman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
OK, so I posted this on the BD Forum, but I thought I'd post here, too (thank goodness for copy and paste!).

Who's all going to this year's US Open? Whether it be as a player, spectator or even helping do something at it.

This is my first trip to the Open - in fact, it's only my second time in America (the first was 3 years ago on a "magician's special" holiday, a week at a convention in NYC and a week at the Magic Castle in Hollywood - awsome!), so I'd like to ask - what should I watch out for at the Open? And what about the stuff after the tournament day has finished, what should I look for there?

I could go on and on asking (potentially) really dumb questions about the US Open, but the main one is who's going?

Maybe see you there?

Best wishes

thecardman
:)
www.scottish9ball.com

Sweet Marissa

www.Bella-Muse.com
If I go, it will only be for the weekend. Already taking a week off from work to go to Vegas.)

What airport is convenient to Chesapeake?

girlwon1

Silver Member
I am going for the entire week, first time to Virginia, first time to the Open. Hope to see you there!

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sweet Marissa said:
If I go, it will only be for the weekend. Already taking a week off from work to go to Vegas.)

What airport is convenient to Chesapeake?

Norfolk Intnl Airport is only 12 miles from the tournament.

Cardman- Virginia Beach is only 10 miles or so (to the ocean) if you like the beach. Other than that, just make sure you get to Q Masters a few nites. Pretty incredible scene there.

9 Ball Girl

aka Wendy
Silver Member
I'll be there from Monday thru Monday--but I guess you already knew that huh! ;)

Marissa - I always fly in to VA and land at Norfolk International Airport (like Nostroke pointed out). It's about a 15 minute drive to the convention center and the hotels are all walking distance to the convention center. Well not all of them but the ones that come to mind are the Holiday Inn Chesapeake, The Hampton Inn, The Red Roof Inn, and I don't know what they ever made out for the Wellesley. Anyway, if you're staying at the Holiday Inn, you can get the complimentary free shuttle to and from.

Sweet Marissa

www.Bella-Muse.com
amc4 said:
What's the going rate for a working girl like you in Vegas? It most be a lot more than the corners back home if your willing to take off work to work.

You already know this :) It's worth my time and I enjoy the shopping in Vegas, not to mention the rollercoasters and I'll be around pool <3 I'll bring you back something, if you're a good boy ;)

ScottR

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
amc4 said:
I'll probably be there on the weekends looking for action for the Dyke (Niels Feijen), Killer (Corey Deuel), Bubba the Love Sponge (Shawn Putnam), Fabulous (Fabio Patroni) and the Ice Man (Mika). If you see me there say high and I'll get you to meet the guys. amc4
I thought you were Mitch "Mr. Inane Commentary" Laurence, there for a minute with the nicknames . . . . . :p :D

Sweet Marissa

www.Bella-Muse.com
ScottR said:
I thought you were Mitch "Mr. Inane Commentary" Laurence, there for a minute with the nicknames . . . . . :p :D

No, he is Mr Power Bottom :p You should hear him in... um, nevermind.

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
amc4 said:
I'll probably be there on the weekends looking for action for the Dyke (Niels Feijen), Killer (Corey Deuel), Bubba the Love Sponge (Shawn Putnam), Fabulous (Fabio Patroni) and the Mai Tai (Mika). If you see me there say high and I'll get you to meet the guys. amc4

How will you know if they say high or hi? :)