Chalking your cue

bwally

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Played a guy last night who stood over every shot for what felt like an eternity chalking his cue ala "Fast Eddie Felson" style. I swear to god I could see the chalk flying out while he drilled his cue into the cube. He must have gone through an entire cube in one night. It was my own fault, I shouldn't let it bother me but it drove me CRAZY and it became like nails across a chalkboard by the end of the night.

Thanks for letting me vent... :embarrassed2:

bwally

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So you were paying more attention to how he was chalking rather then the balls on the table??? Hmmmmmm :cool:

Just bustin balls :thumbup:

You got it.. Completely my fault... I felt like I wanted to go all "Earl Strickland"....

TheRIGERE

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Could have just "accidentaly" knocked the chalk on the floor and "accidentally" grind it into dust with your foot...then look at him and say, "Ooops, well luckily you don't need to chalk as much as I do" ... smile and watch smoke come out his ears..

bwally

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Could have just "accidentaly" knocked the chalk on the floor and "accidentally" grind it into dust with your foot...then look at him and say, "Ooops, well luckily you don't need to chalk as much as I do" ... smile and watch smoke come out his ears..

Wouldn't have worked... By the end of the game there was 6 pieces of chalk on the rails all with crater sized holes drilled into them. None of them belonged to me as I keep mine in my pocket.

janaka

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
this is kind of funny because I'm a notorious chalker when I play, especially in more tense situations. For me its just part of my rutine, I chalk before every shot while watching the table. I never leave crators in the chalk due to how I chalk but people definitely have commented on it. I don't even notice I do it usually.

fan-tum

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You got it.. Completely my fault... I felt like I wanted to go all "Earl Strickland"....
In re Strickland...ever noticed his ferulle? It's got that same thin blue chalk ring half-way down..just like you see on house cues. That tells me his stroke is so good that he doesn't fear miscueing. I, on the other hand, a lifetime hacker, have a mania about 'painting on' my chalk to perfectly cover the tip. My ferulle stays a pristine white, and I still miscue way too much.

bwally

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In re Strickland...ever noticed his ferulle? It's got that same thin blue chalk ring half-way down..just like you see on house cues. That tells me his stroke is so good that he doesn't fear miscueing. I, on the other hand, a lifetime hacker, have a mania about 'painting on' my chalk to perfectly cover the tip. My ferulle stays a pristine white, and I still miscue way too much.

Yah if you hadn't guessed it I am a "chalk painter" myself.

DogsPlayingPool

"What's in your wallet?"
Silver Member
Played a guy last night who stood over every shot for what felt like an eternity chalking his cue ala "Fast Eddie Felson" style. I swear to god I could see the chalk flying out while he drilled his cue into the cube.

No one, not even Fast Eddie, can go through a cube of chalk like Rafael Martinez. If he ain't down on a shot, he's chalking his cue.

JAMSGOLF

Golf & Pool-I'm addicted!
Silver Member
Ahhh, so you think thats bad. Watch the kid with the red shirt in the back ground.
Totally exasperating just to watch him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYc6__IXus4

On the other hand, maybe this was him.

Thanks Blue Hog!!! I just spent 2:29 of my life on that one...it was worth it...I was laughing...good news is he won the game apparently (I picked up on that because the incessant chalking came to an abrupt end!).

Jason

scsuxci

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ahhh, so you think thats bad. Watch the kid with the red shirt in the back ground.
Totally exasperating just to watch him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYc6__IXus4

On the other hand, maybe this was him.
OMG,if that was me playing that kid,after the 8th or 9th time of him getting up and down I would of asked him "WTF is wrong with you,are you f--king with me or do you have a medical condition"?Just watching him on youtube,I wanted to punch my computer.

Bambu

Dave Manasseri
Silver Member
Lol yeah that was pretty bad. That kid looks like hes got some issues though. What bothers me more is when better players sit there and take forever to paint the chalk on perfectly after every shot. Looks like they have lots of experience with nail polish and toes.