Shaft Butt connection problem

PoolBoy1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When I unscrewed my cue stick the metal part of the butt came off with it. Is it ok to glue that part on permanently with a small amount of wood glue to the threaded part of the butt. It seemed to have some glue on it from previous application. I don't want to mess with the straightness of the cue when assembled.I may have been tightening a bit too much, 1 pic closed, 1 pic open see thread. Cue gets about 8 hours play per wk. Don't know what type of cue it is. Present. But I play very well with it. Was 20 0z. Took 2 oz off screw. 18oz now. My favorite weight except for breaking. Use 21oz. I read in this thread an apoxy may be appropriate.Using it presently finger tightened and it lines up true. Don't want to mess with trueness of cue if glue interferes.

More info:Shaft takes a 13mm tip. I like med/hard. The shaft has a slight taper which as a B+ player am not sure it's the shaft for me but performs very well. Put a new non layered tip after wear with no problems.

Attachments

• cue 1.jpg
    cue 1.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 149
  • Cue 2.jpg
    Cue 2.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 142
Last edited:

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
When I unscrewed my cue stick the metal part of the butt came off with it. Is it ok to glue that part on permanently with a small amount of wood glue to the threaded part of the butt. It seemed to have some glue on it from previous application. I don't want to mess with the straightness of the cue when assembled.I may have been tightening a bit too much,

Um, what kind of cue is this? Please post a picture.

You probably can just glue it in based on my instinct, but I'd like to see a photo before confirmation.