Current posters who were around for RSB or alt.sport pool please sign in

simco

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just being curious as to who is still active.Thanks for the info over all these years.:thumbup:

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't remember when I joined RSB, was probably late 90s or 2000 years. Was part of the first RSB tournament that was in Chelsea in NY, that was a fun trip. Drove up with a friend of mine that has never seen Manhattan before so was worth the drive.

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was there-not very active so who cares! That is one place i don't get nostalgic about-hehehe

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My very first experience with an online forum or group was RSB. I was a newbie with veteran RSB-ers. What an initiation it was for me to learn the ropes of threads and posting. :D

It was Smorgie who invited me to AzBilliards. I miss Smorg.

dr9ball

"Lock Doctor"
Silver Member
Just being curious as to who is still active.Thanks for the info over all these years.:thumbup:

I was on Alt.sport.pool and RSB way back when. First post on RSB i can find seems to be 2/2/97 from my college student account and a different nickname, but that post references another post.

"Distractions that last for more than the immediate game.
23 posts by 16 authors

Carter

2/2/97

Hey all, it's Rufus again. I was playing a race to 9 of 9ball at a
local Tallahassee, FL pool hall last night and was in the lead 5-0.
When my opponent scratched and left me a most interesting shot.
I will try to diagram it here." snipped, the rest in in the archive.

Still around today. :)

Last edited:

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
I think I started on RSB/ASP in 1996 or so. Don't remember when we first heard about AzB, but I remember it was considered a "safe space" for snowflakes who couldn't stand impoliteness. :)

pj <- miss being able to speak my (so called) mind
chgo

book collector

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was there also can't remember the year ,I think Sherm Adamson told me about it.

Last edited:

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

T'was there, starting around '96.

A great site, not unlike a great pool hall filled with characters from every background imaginable. You could speak you mind and your arguments stood or fell on their merits. There were many illuminating discussion on the physics of the game, far, far before the news broke here. There were also some entertaining exchanges, running gun battles, war stories, some very funny insults, and the occasional death threat.

What was not to like?

Lou Figueroa

doitforthegame

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was there with my dialup AOL service. Used to be some good postings and discussions before a certain "trick shot world champion" joined and took it down.

Bob

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member

The earliest post I could find for me was April 1996, but I think I had an aol or compuserve post earlier, without my name.

Freddie