Old McDermott Cue Making video.

This video is really great, and the pool segments are hilarious, in my opinion. The video looks like it was from the 70's, or maybe the 80's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqbFr8xnYEc

The music and Pool segments are very cheesy, lol, but I love the other parts of the video. Seems like a very high quality cue making process that they do, to build their cues.

McDermott has always seemed like such a solid cue company, with great customer service, and who builds really great quality cues.

They have the best, and friendliest customer service person there too.

In my experience, their cues have always hit very solid, and very consistent.

Last edited:

HNTFSH

Birds, Bass & Bottoms
Silver Member
I owned the WC2 inlaid Goose Cue shown that was only built in 87 and 88 so the video is at last that "new". :lol:

Should have never traded it.

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
This video is really great, and the pool segments are hilarious, in my opinion. The video looks like it was from the 70's, or maybe the 80's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqbFr8xnYEc

The music and Pool segments are very cheesy, lol, but I love the other parts of the video. Seems like a very high quality cue making process that they do, to build their cues.

McDermott has always seemed like such a solid cue company, with great customer service, and who builds really great quality cues.

They have the best, and friendliest customer service person there too.

In my experience, their cues have always hit very solid, and very consistent.

The building in the video was built in the late 80's or very early 90's so its not quite that old. McDermott sold that building a few years ago and are now in a much smaller nearby facility. There was also a gorgeous house built across the street from the building in the video, it was one of the nicest houses in the town at the time, I believe that house belonged to McDermotts owner at the time, both were constructed at nearly the same time.

Lawnboy77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I saw many D series cues being made, including my D-2, the D series cues were released to dealers in 1984 and 85 timeframe. A cool video! I really didn't know those production cues went through the lengthly curing process like that.

dardusm

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pretty cool I've never seen this video before. As others have said, the D series was the bomb and I owned several of them over the years. Another interesting note, the two players were Mark Wilson and Peg Ledman which I believe were sponsored by McDermott for awhile.