What is a good replacement motor for Cue Smith

whammo57

Kim Walker
Silver Member
Yes i know what you are saying Kim, but my DC motor has center off switch and i feel no drag in center off position. And my AC motor is the original with the step down pulley but i had to put it in the 3 larger pulley so i could complete the job the 1 and 2 didn't have enough power, starting from the small one up. although the motor might not be up to power, when i first got the machine (used) put it in reverse a couple times jerked the bolts out of the base that's why i replaced it with the unique reversible and it works great until you try to core, it has been on their for several years. I can core on my big lathe in the garage but i just don't like the one chuck holding my work, i thought i would like the two chuck support better. I have a rear chuck on the big lathe but it is 20 inches from the main chuck.

AHHH... the switch is in the DC line to the motor.... and yes, there won't be drag when you turn it....

you might try coring with the end of the piece in the chuck and the other end of the piece in a steady rest..... some people do it that way.....

Kim

JimBob

Emerick's Custom Cues
Silver Member
AHHH... the switch is in the DC line to the motor.... and yes, there won't be drag when you turn it....

you might try coring with the end of the piece in the chuck and the other end of the piece in a steady rest..... some people do it that way.....

Kim

Thanks Kim, i think i have a steady rest somewhere i will look for it and see how it will work. Thanks again for all the ideas guys.