Denver, CO

ByronJr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Work is sending me to Denver for 5 days - any recommendations for decent rooms would be greatly appreciated!

Kaiser Bob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Felt in Englewood off 285 is probably one of the easier nice rooms to get to from central Denver, Mile High is nice to the north and Greenfield's to the southwest

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
felt is the way to go.
Mile High Billiards has 9 foot tables that have stupid tight pockets and are no fun to play on. Nick Varner did an exhibition there with Karen Corr and they refused to use a 9 foot table. they did it on a bar table.

gcmortal

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What about Wynkoop?

It's been five years, but the tables were fine and preferred the quieter, classier atmosphere to Felt's jukebox/sports bar vibe.

There were more people at Felt, and parking could be tougher Downtown.

Current information greatly appreciated.

sbpoolleague

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Work is sending me to Denver for 5 days - any recommendations for decent rooms would be greatly appreciated!

Same thing for me except I'm heading to Fredericksburg, VA for work next week. Any decent places to shoot near Fredericksburg?

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
Now I know where to play when I visit my Bro...

felt is the way to go.
Mile High Billiards has 9 foot tables that have stupid tight pockets and are no fun to play on. Nick Varner did an exhibition there with Karen Corr and they refused to use a 9 foot table. they did it on a bar table.

I prefer tight pockets, so I'll make my bro take me to mile high billiards...

Jaden

Lynch

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
MHB is a nice place to play. In regards to Felt and their 9 footers though, you have options. They have a diamond and gold crown with 4' pockets (typically in use by 1 pocket players), another diamond with 4 1/4" pockets, and the rest of the diamonds are 4 1/2. They also have a few gold crowns with buckets. I play at both places, but like the pocket size options a little better at felt, just depending on what game I want to play.

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
What about Wynkoop?

It's been five years, but the tables were fine and preferred the quieter, classier atmosphere to Felt's jukebox/sports bar vibe.

There were more people at Felt, and parking could be tougher Downtown.

Current information greatly appreciated.

Wynkoop used to have tables with the biggest pockets I had ever seen. The tables were beat but the food downstairs was good.

Then a few years back they upgraded and bought some Gold Crowns and Diamond bar boxes. Wynkoop is a cool place and fun because of the down town scene but it turns into a meat market at night. Not quite what I would consider a players room, still a good option.

stormshadow1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Send me a pm if you would like to play some when you get to denver at Felt. I got table time and first beer.

Keith in Colorado

ByronJr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Keith sorry I missed you bud! I was only there for a couple of days. I might be back in April ! I'll give you a shout if I go back!

HurdyGurdy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tennison Billiards is gone? What about Shakespeare's in Lodo? Tom Ross was the house pro and gave a free clinic every Wednesday night, and was the last place I played on a 12' snooker table. Is Shakespeare's gone?

Drew

Got a little dog in you?
Silver Member
PM Black-Balled.....he'll be right down.

Yeah right...that guy never leaves his basement.

Green Room is the place in Fredericksburg. Lots of places around the DC area. There's a Revolution in Springfield with some decent players.

Watch out for league night, though. You'll never get a table.

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tennison Billiards is gone? What about Shakespeare's in Lodo? Tom Ross was the house pro and gave a free clinic every Wednesday night, and was the last place I played on a 12' snooker table. Is Shakespeare's gone?

All gone.
Tom Ross had a stroke. Last time i saw him he could barely play and could not recognize the balls anymore and had trouble speaking.
Darn shame he was a good instructor and player.