Who's going to the Swanee?

JohnnyShakes

Hill/Hill w/ 1 ball ghost
Silver Member
My entry is paid, and I can't wait for this weekend. From everyone I've talked to, this is THE tournament to go to in Southern California. So who else is going to be there? I'd like to put some faces to names. I'll be the big guy in the bright orange shirt that says "Give me the Crush". If you see me, come up and say hi.

Johnny

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
I'll be the guy in the dirty T-Shirt and worn out jeans, with the bare cue in my hands (no case, just a rubber band). If you see me, come up and buy me a coffee! PLEASE! I'm homeless, I don't have a girlfriend. :confused:

i4pool

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shakes- I'll be there as well. You already knew that.

Watch out for that homeless guy... I heard he can shoot. ;) :D

Meezer Girl

not now, I'm eating !!!
Silver Member
Have played in all 15 so far just to honor his memory as a great player & he was always a gentleman to us "lady newbies" back in the day.

I will be the "bye" for 2 lucky players :grin:

Hey Jay, as soon as I am 2 and out I will get you some coffee and you can tell me some Swanee stories - deal ? :)

Mikey Town

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'll be the guy in the dirty T-Shirt and worn out jeans, with the bare cue in my hands (no case, just a rubber band). If you see me, come up and buy me a coffee! PLEASE! I'm homeless, I don't have a girlfriend. :confused:

LOL... depending on the day and time, you will fit right in at Hard Times :grin:

I'll be there... in the bleachers. Hopefully my game will be to a point where I can step out into a field like this a year from now.

Good luck to all who are playing!

Mike

back2good1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Player list as of 4:15 MST Monday

As of 4:15 MST today... here is who is on the list.

Debby Aarens
Emil Adapon
Frank The Barber Almanza
Jhun Almoite
Marshall Anonby
Mark Arnold
Mary Avina
Ramin Bakhtiari
Butch Barba
Michael Barry
Jay Beatty
Bruce Blair
David Blevins
Larry Bohn
Dan Boone
Bobby Bosita
Jaden Brock
Ryan Buist
Randy Burns
Jim Burt
Sal Butera
Carlo Cabarlo
El Callado
Em Callado
Steve Chaplin
Andy Chen
Chetan Chhabra
Bruce Choyce
Terry Clary
Eddie Cohen
Sylvester Coronado
Chuck Cutsinger
Kent Davis
Jim Davis
Nick De Leon
DC DeCicco
Jerry Decker
Lori deLeon
Joe DeLio
Oscar Dominguez
Ernesto Dominguez
Dane Elmstedt
Chuck Evans
Phil Ferranti
Reid Fleming
Ross Fregoso
Taka Fujiwara
Jaime Galkin
Fach Garcia
Walter Glass
Ken Gouso
Sunny Griffin
Mark Griffin
Duane Grimes
matthew hall
Greg Harada
Corey Harper
Lee Harvey
Will Hathcock
Jay Helfert
David Hemmah
James Hennessy
Jon Henson
Melissa Herndon
Manuel Herrera
Peter Horton
Bret Huth
Victor Ignacio
Gerardo Jamito
Fred W Jarvis
Ken Johnson
Lori Jones
Hani Kamani
Johnny Kang
Howard Kennedy
Kenny Koo
Laurent Kramer
Mike Laos
Alex Laski
Robert Laurie
Miguel Lee
Bob Lees
Jess Libsack
Abe Lim
Mike Longmire
Ray Lorenzo
Adrian Major
Hiroko Makiyama
Ronald Marshall
David Martineau
Jerry matchin
Kevin May
Jay McCarthy
Don McClelland
Ken Mendoza
Derrick Mendoza
Mitch Mitchell
Zeke Morrison
Eric Myatt
Sy Nakashima
Stacy Novack
Dennis O'Brien
Stanton Oda
Keith O'Donnell
Morro Paez
Brian Parks
Henry Preciado
Wayne Pullen
Chris Pursley
John Rizya
Ray Robles
Robert Rosa
Ron Rosas
Mitchell Sargent
John Schultz
Lyle Sharpen
Asgar Shroff
Brandon Shuff
Jesse Silva
Hippie Slayton
Vince Smith
Fran Smith
Nick Spano
Bill Stock
Arturo (Art) Suarez
Aimee Super
Branch Talley
Chris Tate
Tommy Tokoph
Ronnie Tompkins
Tim Traver
Robert Treffeisen
Richard Trembley
Masashi Uemura
Joshua Ulrich
Louis Ulrich
Kenneth Vieira
David Vincent
Chris Wedekind
Eric Whitford
David Wiseman
Red Witham
Brian Woodruff
Isaac Wooten
Doug Wu
Yuutaro Yamaguchi

JohnnyShakes

Silver Member
Isn't any pool player homeless if they don't have a girlfriend?

Don't worry, Jay. I've got a soft spot for bald guys, we've gotta stick together. I'll buy you a coffee. You can even get cream, sugar and one of those stirry straws. Play your cards right, and I might even give you a new rubber band to hold your cue together.

Mark- I've been checking the list, but I don't know all of the real names of the people that post on AZ. Thanks for putting this event on. If it weren't for this, there wouldn't be any big tournaments in SoCal.

Johnny

Foolio

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey Johnny, I was planning on playing in the tournament but decided not to. I will be there though to sweat the matches and cheer our "local" players on. I'm with Mikey Town in that I hope that in the next year my game will leap and I will be able to compete in this.

If anyone wants to say hi I'll be the young hispanic fellow with long hair, glasses, and asking everyone for the rainbow! lol :grin:

sunnyday

Ima Gangsta Bunny!
Silver Member
I will be there and playing too :)

Last year, Frank Da Barber suggested a board for all AZ members at Swanee memorial to sign for memorabilia or something. I'm not very artsy so I may bring a simple board where people can sign and even tack on a picture or two...

Any suggestions?

S.G.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
My entry is paid, and I can't wait for this weekend. From everyone I've talked to, this is THE tournament to go to in Southern California. So who else is going to be there? I'd like to put some faces to names. I'll be the big guy in the bright orange shirt that says "Give me the Crush". If you see me, come up and say hi.

Johnny

Johnny,

I'll look for the shirt and I hope to meet you. I haven't exactly picked out my wardrobe yet, but I have an old tooled natural leather Jack Justis case with a brand new looking lid (long story).

Chris

Melissa Herndon

Pro Player
Silver Member

Last year, Frank Da Barber suggested a board for all AZ members at Swanee memorial to sign for memorabilia or something. I'm not very artsy so I may bring a simple board where people can sign and even tack on a picture or two...

Any suggestions?

S.G.

Are there any posters or banners made for the event? People could sign one of those.

(It's not a great suggestion...but it's a suggestion....LOL.)

Melissa

Falcon Eddie

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Funny Jay ..( what do you call a pool player with no girlfriend ? )

JohnnyShakes

Silver Member
Johnny,

I'll look for the shirt and I hope to meet you. I haven't exactly picked out my wardrobe yet, but I have an old tooled natural leather Jack Justis case with a brand new looking lid (long story).

Chris

Chris,

I don't usually have my outfit picked out before I wake up in the morning, but I wanted to be easily identifiable. It's easier than saying "I've got a Plain Jane Sugartree that sits next to me while my opponents run out". I'll keep an eye out for that case. You're definitely on the list of people I'd like to meet.

Johnny

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member

Any suggestions?

S.G.

I thought about making up an event poster and selling copies at Hard Times to generate some food money.

We could take one and set it out for everyone to sign.

Poster would list date, venue, sponsors stuff like that. Something cool someone could put up in a game room. Figured $10 or $15 for a 16x20 print on basic paper would be reasonable.

Something like that work?