Lost pool cue

nelldrake

Waterskier/pool addict
Silver Member
I know it is not unusual to "lose" a pool cue at your local room. I left without replacing my cue in the case Sunday and did not realize it until I returned to shoot on Tuesday and discovered it missing. Of course, it was not turned in to the bar/office. If anyone has any suggestions about the best way to get my cue back, I would greatly appreciate hearing from you. I really liked that cue.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No questions asked reward.

And prepare to never see it again.

For those that wonder...what kind of cue was it?

nelldrake

Waterskier/pool addict
Silver Member
A McDermott plain in design with an Intimidator I2 shaft and a ding on the butt between the joint and the linen wrap. Thanks...I have already posted a "No Questions Asked Reward" of $100. The cue is not worth much more than that except for the I2 shaft but I really liked it. It was the first cue I ever purchased (almost twelve years ago) and have always like the feel and hit.

oldplayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
sorry to hear about your loss. just 2 months ago (i shoot aboout every afternoon), i opened my case and my 2 month old $1,000 predator was not in the case. my 1st reaction was a gasp, then grabbed my chest for a comng heartattack, then my mind was racing and asking the question, "how the heck did someone steal it and where!? about then the manager of the place comes over and hands me my cue and told me that i had left it on the table when i left. wow!:D my heart then started beating again. ask me if he gets a big tip when i finish at the end of the day. i felt your pain if only for a few moments. it was like my heart dropped to my feet! maybe ask the manager for clues. i feel your loss! :(

nelldrake

Waterskier/pool addict
Silver Member
Thanks, oldplayer. I hope I get mine back. I have recently thought about getting a new cue but I don't like having this decision forced on me. Besides, every time I think about buying a new cue I think it would be a waste of money because I really liked the one I had and I could spend a lot of money and not be happy with the new one.

14oneman

Straight, no chaser!
Silver Member
I don't play that often. About once a week, but I have a ritual of cleaning and putting my cue(s) away, with joint protectors, after every session.

I wouldn't want to begin to imagine leaving my cue ANYWHERE! :eek:

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
I don't play that often. About once a week, but I have a ritual of cleaning and putting my cue(s) away, with joint protectors, after every session.

I wouldn't want to begin to imagine leaving my cue ANYWHERE! :eek:

Good advice. I do the same. But in Nell's case, it's locking the barn door after the horses got out.

Hope the cue gets back in the right hands, but not holding my breath...:sorry:

TheNewSharkster

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Keep an eye out for it. My buddy lost a cue and what do you know. 3 months later we saw some guy shooting with it at a bar. We knew it was his because he had a 'Demo' 314 shaft on a lucasi. He walked over and took it from the guy. Funny stuff.

I have actually considered taking the bumper off of each cue and putting my initials on the inside of the cue with a marker. That way if it is stolen I can prove that its mine.

SLIM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What happened to the cue?

i know it is not unusual to "lose" a pool cue at your local room. I left without replacing my cue in the case sunday and did not realize it until i returned to shoot on tuesday and discovered it missing. Of course, it was not turned in to the bar/office. If anyone has any suggestions about the best way to get my cue back, i would greatly appreciate hearing from you. I really liked that cue.

the way you have quotation marks around the word “lose” it looks as though you are saying your cue was stolen.
Then you say that you neglected to put the cue in your case.

What up?

SLIM

manwon

"WARLOCK 1"
Silver Member
I know it is not unusual to "lose" a pool cue at your local room. I left without replacing my cue in the case Sunday and did not realize it until I returned to shoot on Tuesday and discovered it missing. Of course, it was not turned in to the bar/office. If anyone has any suggestions about the best way to get my cue back, I would greatly appreciate hearing from you. I really liked that cue.

Check the local Pawn shops, if some one walked out with they may have pawned it, this happens more than most would think.

Sorry about your problem.

Rod

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi Nell,

I'm sorry to hear that. I've had a couple of scares over the years so I know the feeling when it happens. Good luck on finding it, you never know. I have nothing to add on recovery but I have an old cue I could send to you.

It's a Rocky, complete with decals. LOL I use to use it as a break cue but your welcome to it. The tip is hard but can be replaced. Either that or another gentleman step up and give Nell a better cue! It must be a bummer loosing your first cue.
Well let me know, be happy to send it to you.

ballafish

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
lost cue

back in my drinking days I woke up to find my joss not in my case. Went back to the bar and there it was in the rack with the house cues.

nelldrake

Waterskier/pool addict
Silver Member
the way you have quotation marks around the word “lose” it looks as though you are saying your cue was stolen.
Then you say that you neglected to put the cue in your case.

What up?

SLIM
I say "lost" in quotation marks because I left it in the pool hall, my carelessness. Whoever found it knew it was someone else's cue but did not turn it in but took it home. I don't know what else to call it other than "lost".

jason

Unprofessional everything
Silver Member
$10,000 Cognoscenti

My friend left his $10,000 Cognoscenti in a late night breakfast joint one night. Luckily, we were some what of regulars there and knew the manager. He had recognized it and put it away. I wonder if he ever knew what the value of that stick was.

danquixote

DanQuixote
Silver Member
The suggestion about checking the pawn shops is a good one. You also might want to ammend your reward poster to include "any information leading to the recovery of". A thief usually has few friends and if someone can profit by exposing one.....it should increase your chances. The up-side of all this is, your not likely to be as careless in the future. Hope you recover the cue.....Dan

rackem

SUPPORT CLUB MEMBERSHIP
Silver Member
I say "lost" in quotation marks because I left it in the pool hall, my carelessness. Whoever found it knew it was someone else's cue but did not turn it in but took it home. I don't know what else to call it other than "lost".
Is it possible that someone who knew it was your cue took it in order to safeguard it for you?
Maybe they just havn't seen you to return it yet.
I hope that is the case.
Can you think of anyone who remained there after you left?

sorry to hear about your loss. just 2 months ago (i shoot aboout every afternoon), i opened my case and my 2 month old $1,000 predator was not in the case. my 1st reaction was a gasp, then grabbed my chest for a comng heartattack, then my mind was racing and asking the question, "how the heck did someone steal it and where!? about then the manager of the place comes over and hands me my cue and told me that i had left it on the table when i left. wow!:D my heart then started beating again. ask me if he gets a big tip when i finish at the end of the day. i felt your pain if only for a few moments. it was like my heart dropped to my feet! maybe ask the manager for clues. i feel your loss! :(

I had a similiar experience with my custom Gulyassy jump break. Left it in a new pool room, probably because I was carrying a 2nd player cue in my 3x7 case. 2 days later I look in my case at home...eek:confused:. I call the pool hall and it's there safe and sound. The young man behind the counter definately got some $love$ for his honesty.

Why not post a photo of the cue, or a similiar model? A sort of "wanted" poster.

Another thought, ask if they have a security camera, maybe you could see who picked it up.