Diamond Ten Ball Invitational

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
I want to announce a major change in the Diamond Ten Ball event at Derby City this year (actually Jan. 29-Feb.2, 2013). We will be expanding the field to 32 players and the added money will now be $18,000, making the total purse $50,000!

First place will pay $20,000, second place $10,000, third and fourth $5,000 each and fifth through eighth $2,500 apiece! I have 24 players already entered but will accept requests from qualified players to get in. You can contact me at jayhelfert@yahoo.com or via PM right here. The entry fee remains $1,000 and must be paid by Jan. 27 in cash or prior to that via check to Diamond.

This will be the biggest and the best Ten Ball event ever held! You won't want to miss this one. One more reason to come to Derby City this year.

wrickyb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
10 Foot Table

Jay is this on 10 foot tables again? If so how many tables?

I want to announce a major change in the Diamond Ten Ball event at Derby City this year (actually Jan. 29-Feb.2, 2013). We will be expanding the field to 32 players and the added money will now be $18,000, making the total purse $50,000!

First place will pay $20,000, second place $10,000, third and fourth $5,000 each and fifth through eighth $2,500 apiece! I have 24 players already entered but will accept requests from qualified players to get in. You can contact me at jayhelfert@yahoo.com or via PM right here. The entry fee remains $1,000 and must be paid by Jan. 27 in cash or prior to that via check to Diamond.

This will be the biggest and the best Ten Ball event ever held! You won't want to miss this one. One more reason to come to Derby City this year.

Catahula

I said "SIT!"
Silver Member
Thanks Jay.

This is wonderful news Jay and I suspect it is due in no small part to your ongoing efforts.
Personally shaking your hand and thanking you for all you do for the sport is now part of my personal bucket list.
Thanks again.
Tommy

Playin4Dinner

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great news Jay!!!

I have two questions for you....

Could we see the list of confirmed players???

Could the semis and finals possibly be extended to 15???

This tourney has to be very attractive to top players...

Getting 20-1 on the money to fade 32 man field... Sweet deal Jay...

My favorite Derby tourney just got better....

Last edited:

gunzby

My light saber is LD
Silver Member
Daaaarrrrrnnnnniiiiittttt!!!!!

This year I decided to pay off credit cards instead of going to the DCC again. I am rueing this decision more and more. First because of the 10 footers and now this. It really sucks being responsible.

Lock N Load

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Hey Jay,
All I have to say is that you are the Man!!! This is great!
Many Regards,
Lock N Load.

markpatrick

Cardinals
Silver Member
Qualified Applicants?

Anyone that has a $1000......

Any other qualifications.

Can you forward me the additional names. for the player auction. Which may be done by someone else due to all the whining.

thanks

you going to squeeze this field into the same 3 night window?

catpool9

"Rack Um"/ Rusty Lock
Silver Member
Derby City Diamond Ten Ball

Jay this is totally awesome news!, Derby City will be rockin this year for sure!

David Harcrow

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Jay is this on 10 foot tables again? If so how many tables?

Yes, it's all on 10' tables and we will be playing matches both day and night. We will have four tables to play on, two in one area and two in another. I will consider the recommendation of extending the semis and the finals into longer races. I hope we get a lot of people to come to see this one. I'm digging deep to make it the best one yet! :thumbup2:

KoolKat9Lives

Taught 'em all I know
Silver Member
Your ability to double the field speaks volumes as to the caliber of this event. Well done! Especially given the difficulty of scheduling during the hectic DCC!

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
Wow, great news.

This should be fantastic. Oh, were I to have the means to go.....here's to hoping for the lottery!

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member

Can you forward me the additional names. for the player auction. Which may be done by someone else due to all the whining.

thanks

Okay, a few names to add to your list: Rob Saez, Warren Kiamco, Lee Brett, Max Eberle, Carlo Biado, Karl Boyes?, Nick Okonomopolous and Lee Vann Corteza. More to come later.

brandoncook26

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would love to see these matches stay races to 15, but either way it is still my favorite event. I will be there all week sweating the games. I'm glad that now I have more to watch.

Thanks Jay.

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
This is incredible! I would love to see some of the players from China attending this competitition and from other places. It's always fun to see the next crop of champions that are coming up from other parts of the world. There's top player's practicing in every country in the world and it's nice to see the new faces and how they hold up under the pressure of such a big money event like this.

TWENTY THOUSAND DOLLARS FOR FIRST PLACE!
:thumbup:

tommyceilings

The Netherland Nihilator
Silver Member
Yes, I'd bet whatever that someone with just 1k cant get in.

Didn't a person who was a sponsor play in it and stink up the joint really bad?

Jay wants people who can play. It would break your heart and bankroll if you were seeing a no one shoot in it "just because he had $1000" when you as a player can get up and run out racks.

thanks

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member
Yes, I'd bet whatever that someone with just 1k cant get in.

Didn't a person who was a sponsor play in it and stink up the joint really bad?

Jay wants people who can play. It would break your heart and bankroll if you were seeing a no one shoot in it "just because he had $1000" when you as a player can get up and run out racks.

My guess is Jay wants 32 players with $1000 each to enter. Playing ability is or should be secondary. One of my good friends sponsors both one pocket mini's to a tune of $2000. He plays (and pays) in those events even though he has a better chance of being struck by a bolt of lightning on a clear day.

Lyn