pool table outside

ByronJr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello everyone,

I recently purchased a Gold Crown III on a deal I could not pass up. Unfortunately the home I was purchasing fell through, therefore I still have the pool table in my fathers house. He is insisting we build it and place it in the back yard under a terrace he has. Will this ruin my pool table or will a cover protect it ? This is my first time owning a pool table so please excuses my beginner questions.

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
Hello everyone,

I recently purchased a Gold Crown III on a deal I could not pass up. Unfortunately the home I was purchasing fell through, therefore I still have the pool table in my fathers house. He is insisting we build it and place it in the back yard under a terrace he has. Will this ruin my pool table or will a cover protect it ? This is my first time owning a pool table so please excuses my beginner questions.

I had a Valley BB out on a screen patio in Tampa, FL for at least 5 years with no S/S of damage, but I wouldn't do it with GC. Johnnyt

Cdryden

Pool Addict
Silver Member
Hello everyone,

Depends largely on your climate, but for the most part I would say your better off having it indoors.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello everyone,

You wouldn't want to say if you are in Alaska or Mexico, would you?:rolleyes:

I would rather have it in storage than build it outside. You'll find a home and that table will be in it. unless you ruin it.

That said, it is only money...and used GCs ane $900 a dozen these days.

ByronJr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pool table

You wouldn't want to say if you are in Alaska or Mexico, would you?:rolleyes:

I would rather have it in storage than build it outside. You'll find a home and that table will be in it. unless you ruin it.

That said, it is only money...and used GCs ane $900 a dozen these days.

Thanks a lot, I think storage might be the way to go for me.

jimliv

Registered
Hello everyone,

My buddy has his 9ft. Connelly under a terrace in his backyard. He's had it for about 2 years now and there's no damage that would affect play. He covers it at night and cleans the balls regularly

wontonny

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you're insistent on having it outside, but covered.. maybe while the table is disassembled heavily lacquer everything to prevent humidity from affecting the wood?

Webbs Billiards

Billiards Dealer
Silver Member
I live in Florida too... Considering the humidity, and wood warps, a storage that isnt climate controlled is almost as bad as an open air terrace. I don't think there's a best answer, because if you set it up and enjoyed it with your dad...its worth it vs. maybe storing it indefinitely and losing the chance to. There are deals on tables all the time, but dads only happen once.
Just my opinion.

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
I live in Florida too... Considering the humidity, and wood warps, a storage that isnt climate controlled is almost as bad as an open air terrace. I don't think there's a best answer, because if you set it up and enjoyed it with your dad...its worth it vs. maybe storing it indefinitely and losing the chance to. There are deals on tables all the time, but dads only happen once.
Just my opinion.

Nice post...and so true. Johnnyt

TheBook

Ret Professional Goof Off
Silver Member
Extreme heat and humidity will have a effect on the cloth, wood, and cushions. The other problem with having it outdoors even though covered could be wind. A little gust of wind will move the balls.