Win Kamui Gifts on this thread only! “20 Questions with Kamui”

POVPOOL

POV Pool
Silver Member
Dear All,

I would personally like to thank Kamui for supporting POV Pool and the pool industry over the years and with promotions like these. Post your questions here for John Bertone and Kamui! 5 lucky questions will receive a ‘special gift’ from Kamui! Kamui gift winners will be announced at the time we read your winning question on the live stream.

Please join POV Pool’s live stream of The Hard Times 10-Ball Tournament (July 11th-13th), and be sure to watch: “20 Questions with Kamui”. Taking place throughout the afternoon in short segments, this will be an on-camera interview with John Bertone of Kamui Products, serving the U.S. and Canada.

Please be courteous and thoughtful to each other:
Do you have questions about Kamui tips? (i.e. Why the clear tip? What does Kamui do different to create their tips?) Do you have questions about Kamui chalk? (i.e. What’s the difference between .98 and 1.21? How often do I need to chalk the cue?) If you’re curious about Kamui, submit your questions and John Bertone will do his best to answer them for you. John will also put to rest, many frequently asked questions like, “How do I find a certified ‘Kamui’ Installer?”, “How can I be sure my Kamui Tip is authentic?”

PLEASE NOTE:
- Please do not submit one-million questions! Give others a chance to ask good questions. Try asking just 2 or 3.
- Canada and International winners outside the US are responsible for shipping and handling charges.
- Some of your questions, will be answered and used from this thread and we are sorry in advance that not ALL will be winners.

jtaylor996

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've heard kamui adverts claim reduced deflection using kamui chalk. This seems to be an extraordinary claim. Can you explain how this is possible, and/or provide any data to back this up?

80P

Banned
Why should I choose kamui tips and chalk over other brands?

Sent from my RM-917_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk

MikeyLittle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What were the results, if any, of your recent testing on how the tip expands on contact?

Zphix

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've heard alot of people say that Kamui chalk really sticks to the tip and CB. How does Kamui chalk affect or prevent things like throw (CIT and SIT), squirt, cling and ball skidding?

Sent from my X501_USA_Cricket using Tapatalk 2

Bella Don't Cry

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've heard kamui adverts claim reduced deflection using kamui chalk. This seems to be an extraordinary claim. Can you explain how this is possible, and/or provide any data to back this up?

If it sounds to good to be true, it usually... :thumbup:

mattb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
With all the imitation tips being sold on the internet, what other steps are they taking to make sure the public is buying the real thing and not an imitation?

liakos

Banned
Why is the chalk so expensive? It's a real turn off for me when I hear the price of the chalk! Honestly, because of the chalk price, I stay away completely! Sorry:( I lose to much chalk;) I'd go bankrupt buying kamui!

Nullus

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What type of dye is used during the manufacturing process of the chalk to give it the unique blue color it has? Thanks!

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A new Kamui tip is fairly thick. I understand it is not unusual for pros to ask for the tip to be taken down by half when installed. I've also noticed the few Kamui soft tips I've gone through, the more taken down the tip gets, the harder it plays. What is your recommendation as to what ideal size (height) do Kamui tips play their best, and when should they be changed out (how low should they go)?

BRussell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What cue tip maintenance do you recommend - scuffing, shaping, etc.? And what do you suggest in case of mushrooming?

ZiggyLee

I Love This Game!!!!
Silver Member
Why is it????

Hello I was wondering why I should buy Kamui products over any other tips and chalk that is so much cheaper in price. How much can it cost for chalk?
Cheers
Chris:smile:

zpele

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Have you ever considered producing cues as well as tips?

I have heard that the only true reason for the clear pad on your tips is to prevent wicking of glue but I heard a rumor that the pad is slightly concave to help the tip better hold its shape. Can you tell me if this is true?

What other new products do you plan on releasing soon?