Cue Build

rburgoyne

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A while back I saw a post for Patriotic themed cues. I liked the idea and ordered a Eugene Ivantsov (Wille Blade) blank in red, white and blue. While waiting for it, I also picked up two curly maple shaft dowels. I have the shaft dowels and the blank is on it's way to me so now I need to find a cue maker to put it all together.

The cue is pretty loud itself, but I would like something that accents it on the butt and joint. I was thinking maybe red, white and blue stars on the butt and joint. Or maybe a white butt and joint with red white and blue ring work. I am very open to suggestions on this if anyone has any ideas.I don't want metal in the rings or a metal joint. Other than that, I am curious what ideas are out there.

There are a couple local makers in my area but I know there are a lot of talented ones here on AZB as well. So I was also wondering who may be willing to finish this for me. Feel free to PM me if you are interested.

Thank you!

EI-01 by Ray Burgoyne, on Flickr EI-02 by Ray Burgoyne, on Flickr

Last edited:

Chrippa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looking real nice:)!
I would do a white joint with veneers (same color) below, a white hoppe ring with the same veneers on both sides and top it of with a white phenolic bumper with the same veneers inside.
It will feel as a bumperless in play. I have that on a Kenny Murell cue. I think it would look great. I think no inlays it will be to "much" imo.

Regards

Chrippa

Was trying to upload pics but it didn't work. Long time since I did it, will try again later on:)!

Last edited:

Hinekanman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Maybe contact Drexler and have him do a Patriots inlay of some sort. Just a thought. I like what you got so far though.

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

rburgoyne

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Maybe contact Drexler and have him do a Patriots inlay of some sort. Just a thought. I like what you got so far though.

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

Thanks, it came out nice. I have thought about that too. My initial though was a "patriotic" cue, but a 'Patriots' cue would match my 'Patriots' JB case. :)

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
I would contact "Chad Carter aka Carters Cues" in Ownenboro, KY. He is a hobby builder, with real job, but he is honest, trustworthy, and know his stuff. I had a couple of his Titlist Conversion, and they were wonderful.

He does not have a web-site but is on Facebook, I have his # if you PM me I will share. Good guy, but I do not know his back long, or price to finish.

Mcues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Very intricate design therefore you might want to stay within a rather minimalist approach to whatever you add; hence showcasing what's all ready there. Solid surfaces at both ends with intricate but delicate ringwork incorporating the main colors. No inlays :)

Mario