Ronnie O sullivan

book collector

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ronnie just broke 1000 centuries , he is 43 years old , lives with a beautiful woman and seems to be playing as good or better than ever before.
He had some demons for a while, but I don't see that any more , he actually seems to enjoy playing and just wants to show off his abilities, which I think is awesome.
I don't see him retiring any time soon, as long as he is playing this well , any speculations on when he will hang up the cue, and how many centuries you think he will have by then?
I have a guess but I will save it for later.
I want to see what others are thinking first.
He's up to 1003 now!

Duane Remick

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Ronnie OUTSTANDING

He into health and fitness-
MAY GO A LONG TIME-
Hopefully...
The great Irvin Crane-
playing and winning US OPEN Straight Pool 1960 s-
Like 66 years of age !

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
He into health and fitness-
MAY GO A LONG TIME-
Hopefully...
The great Irvin Crane-
playing and winning US OPEN Straight Pool 1960 s-
Like 66 years of age !
Irving Crane did play well until he was in his 70s but when he won the 1966 US Open (running 150-and-out in the finals against Joe Balsis on June 11th, 1966) he was 52 years old. Jimmy Caras won the following year. He lost his first-round match in the double-elimination event and then won 12 matches in a row. He was 58 at the time. When Mosconi was about 70 he ran over 600 in practice according to Charlie Ursitti.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ronnie just broke 1000 centuries , he is 43 years old , lives with a beautiful woman and seems to be playing as good or better than ever before.
He had some demons for a while, but I don't see that any more , he actually seems to enjoy playing and just wants to show off his abilities, which I think is awesome.
I don't see him retiring any time soon, as long as he is playing this well , any speculations on when he will hang up the cue, and how many centuries you think he will have by then?
I have a guess but I will save it for later.
I want to see what others are thinking first.
He's up to 1003 now!

Wow fantabulous
Was the 1000th century done in style ? I read somewhere people saying that he would want to do it at big event .
I would like to see him at least match Hendry’s WC wins cos that would seal him as GOAT:grin:

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Wow fantabulous
Was the 1000th century done in style ? I read somewhere people saying that he would want to do it at big event .
I would like to see him at least match Hendry’s WC wins cos that would seal him as GOAT:grin:

It was one of the most amazing centuries ever, as it turned out. First it was in an all-Australian final of a ranking event (Ronnie and Neil Robertson, and yes, they were both Australian at the time, you can look it up). Next it was in the final frame of the final, but not the decider (hill-hill for pool players) since Ronnie was whupping on Neil like a bad dingo. Also, Ronnie was at 134 when he shot the final black in at 100 KPH and the white went five cushions and flew into the middle pocket. Neil started laughing immediately since he had the high break in the event of 140 and the foul handed him $6000 ($8500 Australian). He didn't seem to mind at the time that the match loss had cost him something like $100,000.

Here is the match https://youtu.be/jV5U4gZTnhY?t=14953 . I put in a time link (4:30:03)-- for those who are not crippled by smart-phone limitations -- to the end of the final frame -- the 1000th century. Be sure to watch the player interviews after the match ends.

Ronnie in Aussie mode: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjO4Z4mO0vI

Meucciplayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think it was just perfect. Being the last frame of this very important final Ronnie made good on his earlier somewhat ominous statements that he would not just make his 1000th sometime on the go. There was some guessing how he would do that. He showed everybody.

He has done crazy and unbelievable stuff before. Like intentionally giving up a - very good - chance to a maximum break. He intentionally played the pink ball and had his big smile after that shot. He protested the "low" money payout for maximums - in his opinion - in that way. Some people did not like it but not many - if any - other players could afford that kind of give-away. His 1000th was in true Ronnie-style. Making him much more of a legend.