Have you cut back on visitors playing with you on your home table?

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I feel for you Chris. If you're like me, you were open seven days a week. My places stayed open from start to finish every day for over twenty years. I don't know how I would handle what you are going through now. I'm wishing the best for you bud.
Jay, thanks for the encouragement. I’ve been here 24 years since I was 39, and I am now 63. To have done it this long and still love being here every day/night and have not gotten burned out, I have every intention of getting through this and re-opening, whenever that may be, with similar anticipation and excitement as when we were opening for the first time.

To be honest, about 7 years ago when I started feeling some signs of burn out, we started closing on Sundays, which was our slowest day anyway. That has made an absolutely huge difference for me, to keep me fresh, to know I had that one day off a week I didn’t have to be here and could be with my family.

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
Jay, thanks for the encouragement. I’ve been here 24 years since I was 39, and I am now 63. To have done it this long and still love being here every day/night and have not gotten burned out, I have every intention of getting through this and re-opening, whenever that may be, with similar anticipation and excitement as when we were opening for the first time.

To be honest, about 7 years ago when I started feeling some signs of burn out, we started closing on Sundays, which was our slowest day anyway. That has made an absolutely huge difference for me, to keep me fresh, to know I had that one day off a week I didn’t have to be here and could be with my family.
Chris, what's the name/location of your room? Would like to stop in if I'm ever out that way...

pj
chgo

franko

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Zero

Play everyday on my table by myself. I was rotating between my house and a friends house weekly but we both put that on hold till this ends. I just had another friend ask if I wanted to play but declined. Very strange is all I could say.

Andrew Manning

Aspiring know-it-all
Silver Member
I'm relieved to see that everyone's being responsible. I underestimated the good people of this forum and whether you all possessed proper perspective.

I don't have a table, but I live within literal walking distance of Roy's actual Basement, and he has a world champion staying there begging for people to match up with cheap, and I'm staying home. I would have thought nothing could keep me from jumping at that kind of opportunity, but it turns out a global pandemic will.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm relieved to see that everyone's being responsible. I underestimated the good people of this forum and whether you all possessed proper perspective.

I don't have a table, but I live within literal walking distance of Roy's actual Basement, and he has a world champion staying there begging for people to match up with cheap, and I'm staying home. I would have thought nothing could keep me from jumping at that kind of opportunity, but it turns out a global pandemic will.
I've thought about inviting you over, but you see where that thought went...

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
My carom table has always attracted zero pool players
And even im this so called apocalypse its no different

Man, I have never played on a Carom table but I would be there in a heartbeat if invited during healthy times!!! Why are people afraid to try something different, you never know, it might just make them better at pool.

I have 2 tables, my GCI and a Valley, no visitors until this crap is over for me. I actually prefer working and practicing alone anyways.

Last edited:

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Family Billiards & Grill, Boone, NC. From the Chicago area, it would be down that way, not out that way.

I go down to pisgah/ brevard by way of friends in Charlotte a couple times a year and desperately want to visit.

Your place sounds and looks awesome.

arnaldo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
. . . It's also transmitted through the air (in coughs, sneezes, maybe even just breathing close to somebody else)
To that exact point PJ raises -- and I'd add, to be infected you don't have to even be close to the exhaling carrier -- take the time to fully read this short online article regarding how alarmingly easily this deadly virus can be inhaled. It properly discusses indoor droplets hanging in the air unbeknownst to you (and/or on contaminated surfaces) , with no other individual near you!

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/02/health/aerosol-coronavirus-spread-white-house-letter/index.html

(Be sure to scroll fully past each of several rather long blank ad breaks between some of the paragraph blocks, in order to read the full important (IMO) article.)

Arnaldo

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a Gold Crown in my house. Only being used by me for practice until this is over with. The ones that used to come over regularly know what the situation is and haven't even asked.

Randy,

With this lock down and all the free time on your hands now, I expect to you play like Willie Mosconi when I see you again at Brian's.

If I can beat you with no play, after your hibernation, I'm going to confiscate your Jackpot.

BTW, I got my second one. Nice, too. 60 inches with a camphor burl handle, instead of the maple.

Maybe we can play a race. My cue against yours. Old blind guy who will not have played a game for weeks against a young whipper-snapper like you who should be a candidate for the Mosconi Cup team by then. :)

Hope all is going well with you. I'll post a picture of my cue when I find my digital camera. My cell phone camera sucks.

Aloha

frige

Registered
I understand how all of you feel and agree. I only have 1 or 2 close friends over and we keep our distance and take our temperature regularly. I honestly dont have my table done yet so I dont have that worry. However, I am in the residential Hvac business and visit several homes a day. We wear masks, gloves and shoe covers. All my guys take their temperature first thing in the morning. So far so good but trust me on the Texas gulf coast people can not exist without a/c. Also we do refrigeration for restaurants and even funeral homes.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I understand how all of you feel and agree. I only have 1 or 2 close friends over and we keep our distance and take our temperature regularly. I honestly dont have my table done yet so I dont have that worry. However, I am in the residential Hvac business and visit several homes a day. We wear masks, gloves and shoe covers. All my guys take their temperature first thing in the morning. So far so good but trust me on the Texas gulf coast people can not exist without a/c. Also we do refrigeration for restaurants and even funeral homes.

The work, you cant get argument about. I'd say you are essential.

The social stuff, though...you should be open to ending, if situation continues to deteriorate.

I dont think carriers necessarily exhibit symptoms. Youve got a lot of necessary risk. I'd think you want to eliminate/ reduce any risk you can.

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
The work, you cant get argument about. I'd say you are essential.

The social stuff, though...you should be open to ending, if situation continues to deteriorate.

I dont think carriers necessarily exhibit symptoms. Youve got a lot of necessary risk. I'd think you want to eliminate/ reduce any risk you can.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Black-Balled again.