So, how much did he lose ?

$TAKE HOR$E

champagne - campaign
Silver Member
If you will recall, I was carrying my green and brown leather Orvis man bag at the last night of the match at Sandcastle and yes it did have a little more than $10k inside anticipating a poss rematch.

best,
brian kc <------- has gone off a time or two myself (but no, not that spectacular) :D:sorry:

Where did you get this bag, I want one

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi Lou;

When I saw this thread getting going I knew it would come around to yours and John's "Big Hassle @ Sandcastle" (hey, that would have been a great name for it).

Even though we have been over all of this in the previous thread(s) years ago, I will again state it exactly as it was.

If you will recall, I was carrying my green and brown leather Orvis man bag at the last night of the match at Sandcastle and yes it did have a little more than $10k inside anticipating a poss rematch.

After your win you'll recall I got you and John to shake hands and even take a couple pics together in an attempt at showing sportsmanship.

As you and your team were celebrating I absolutely approached you and asked if you'd like to run it back. I wasn't kidding. You said that you will talk with Mike and will get back to us. Next thing was that you and the team were going to go get dinner, iirc, it was that you guys were gonna go get a steak. And if you'll also remember from that thread where I explained all of this before, I believe I put it something like I made you an offer and wasn't gonna dry hump your leg on your way out the door about it.

So you guys went to dinner and I figured that maybe you and your boys were talking it over so John, Karen, Jamison, his wife and me all went to dinner also.

Bottom line, we never heard back and next thing we did hear was that you were getting on a plane heading for home.

It wasn't that you didn't hear me, you may not have thought I was serious or in all of the commotion perhaps you forgot it ??? but you def did say that you and Mike were gonna discuss it then poof, you were gone. Maybe the hanging around the unfamiliar pool room with $40k cash played into it, as well.

John was juggling rattlesnakes a couple days ago and got bit quite a few times. I honestly don't think he needs anyone kicking him further while he's down.

imo, of course.

best,
brian kc <------- has gone off a time or two myself (but no, not that spectacular) :D:sorry:

Brian, we have been over this before.

I don't remember you carrying a bag. I'm sure you were but my attention was elsewhere.

The photo -- I think my body language says it all, lol.

I do not recall saying I'd talk to Mike. If I did there must have been something about the whole thing that made me think it was a joke. And, as I told you the last time we went around the mulberry bush on this, I had no clue who you were or why I should believe you had $10K on you.

So let me ask you: why, for what possible reason do you think I wouldn't have played again? What makes you think Mike wouldn't have been all over taking another bite out of John Barton? The last time we went over this I asked both Mike and Dustin if they had any reason to believe John's side had offered another set for $10K AND if there would have been any reason whatsoever, that if there had been, we would have refused? Both of them said the claim was, to quote, "bullshit" and "those guys are dreaming."

Yes, we went to dinner and celebrated with steaks and lobster but we never said or suggested we were coming back. Certainly, if anyone on JB's side really wanted us to play again, *someone* would have asked when/if we were coming back -- that night or maybe the next day. But there wasn't a peep, which leads me to believe *someone* was real happy not to push the issue. I can promise you I would have played and I would have won. I am and was retired then. I have and had all the time in world. And I had already expressed a willingness to bet $20,000. There was no reason that I wouldn't have played. And the $40K we had on us wouldn't have factored in because we would have made sure to secure that beforehand.

So that's it. That I would not play again makes no sense. I am willing to allow you may have made the offer in good faith but for whatever reason I didn't take it seriously.

Lou Figueroa

Rockin' Robin

Mr. Texas Express
Silver Member
OMG....please not another Lou and John show. This post was about JB going off, not about Lou and John.

Someone said they have been waiting 6 years for a case....pffffffftttt….I have been waiting 20 years for my Texas Express case.

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
Someone said they have been waiting 6 years for a case....pffffffftttt….I have been waiting 20 years for my Texas Express case.

Did you put a $300+ deposit on it 20 years ago?

If not, then you're out nothing. If so, then.....there's a sucker born every minute.

Maniac

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
RELIABLE Word is JB has already started making considerable payments.
So, lay off the "he's not paying" posts.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member

I don't remember you carrying a bag. I'm sure you were but my attention was elsewhere.

I do not recall saying I'd talk to Mike. If I did there must have been something about the whole thing that made me think it was a joke. And, as I told you the last time we went around the mulberry bush on this, I had no clue who you were or why I should believe you had $10K on you.

So let me ask you: why, for what possible reason do you think I wouldn't have played again? What makes you think Mike wouldn't have been all over taking another bite out of John Barton? The last time we went over this I asked both Mike and Dustin if they had any reason to believe John's side had offered another set for $10K AND if there would have been any reason whatsoever, that if there had been, we would have refused? Both of them said the claim was, to quote, "bullshit" and "those guys are dreaming."

Yes, we went to dinner and celebrated with steaks and lobster but we never said or suggested we were coming back. Certainly, if anyone on JB's side really wanted us to play again, *someone* would have asked when/if we were coming back -- that night or maybe the next day. But there wasn't a peep, which leads me to believe *someone* was real happy not to push the issue. I can promise you I would have played and I would have won. I am and was retired then. I have and had all the time in world. And I had already expressed a willingness to bet $20,000. There was no reason that I wouldn't have played. And the $40K we had on us wouldn't have factored in because we would have made sure to secure that beforehand.

So that's it. That I would not play again makes no sense. I am willing to allow you may have made the offer in good faith but for whatever reason I didn't take it seriously.

Lou Figueroa

But when i offered to play for 20k several times afterward neither your backers nor you stepped one inch in my direction.

Anyway i an so proud to have a friend like Brian. He is the type of person i hope to become. You are the type of person i wish to avoid. But i do thank you again for the help promoting my business in the year before we moved to the USA. Please convert my appreciation to ask who were involved in your side, the group that cut up the 10k. I couldn't have gotten so many eyeballs on our logo for so many months without all of your efforts.

jalapus logan

be all. and supports it to
Silver Member
Being an employee in the pari-mutuels department of a racetrack for some years cured me of the itch to gamble. It was sickening watching folks go off at their family's expense. I saw one degenerate high roller cash many of his wife's checks at our window and blow that and much more. I became numb to it for some years, but it finally took its toll and I left the industry. I'll play ring games from time to time and bet $2 per race at the track these days (but I bet more on the beer, lol). Good luck to JB (edit: and NOT calling you a degenerate!).

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
But when i offered to play for 20k several times afterward neither your backers nor you stepped one inch in my direction.

Anyway i an so proud to have a friend like Brian. He is the type of person i hope to become. You are the type of person i wish to avoid. But i do thank you again for the help promoting my business in the year before we moved to the USA. Please convert my appreciation to ask who were involved in your side, the group that cut up the 10k. I couldn't have gotten so many eyeballs on our logo for so many months without all of your efforts.

I flew to NJ to accommodate your schedule the first time.

I told you that you could get played but that you’d have to come to me. Not too surprisingly you just stayed on your porch and went, “Bow wow.”

Lou Figueroa

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
I flew to NJ to accommodate your schedule the first time.

I told you that you could get played but that you’d have to come to me. Not too surprisingly you just stayed on your porch and went, “Bow wow.”

Lou Figueroa

Yeah when a guy you beat easily according to you offers to play for twice as much, doesn't ask for weight and you aren't willing to accommodate him then there is a pool room term for that, i believe it is a nit.

Regardless, that era is over. Again thank you for the promotion, then and now.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah when a guy you beat easily according to you offers to play for twice as much, doesn't ask for weight and you aren't willing to accommodate him then there is a pool room term for that, i believe it is a nit.

Regardless, that era is over. Again thank you for the promotion, then and now.

Never said I beat you easily -- what was the final score -- 9-7?

Regardless, thanks for the action, John.

oh, and your soul too, which until moments like this, I even forget I have. Here, let me take it out from the desk draw I keep it in to give you a peek at it...

Lou Figueroa

Attachments

• IMG_0711.jpg
    IMG_0711.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 286

MitchAlsup

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Based on all I've seen, it's somewhere between "the cost of a car (cost of a nice car)" from his video, and $66k (someone mentioned that # on FB).

Tolerable cars may start at $66K but nice ones do not.
Mercedes S-class, BMW 7 series, Rolls Royce, Bentley, .....

nick serdula

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
If you do not need to gamble, don't.

If you do get a job. Fight or flight?
Probably,
Don't do it.
Nick :)
If you aint stealing you are getting robbed. Believe Dat.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Never said I beat you easily -- what was the final score -- 9-7?

Regardless, thanks for the action, John.

oh, and your soul too, which until moments like this, I even forget I have. Here, let me take it out from the desk draw I keep it in to give you a peek at it...

Lou Figueroa

Lol, now that is the mark of a professional spin master.... No if anyone sold their soul it was a guy who teamed up with a bunch of other dudes to "work" someone into a match thinking that they were stone cold stealing only to dog the many opportunities given to raise the bet so they were stuck dividing up 10k. Then, soulless, there was no "heart" left to go take that off again.

The fact is that 20 years your contributions to pool are nothing and your one memorable achievement will be that you beat John Barton in a match. No one will remember or care that you then chickened out of multiple offers to play again.

I am a mess for sure but at least i am not a nit. And win it lose i don't have to share because i have the heart to bet my own.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Tolerable cars may start at $66K but nice ones do not.
Mercedes S-class, BMW 7 series, Rolls Royce, Bentley, .....

My scale of decent starts much lower. Perhaps i should have used something else to convey the amount in question, like just numbers. :)

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member

Lou Figueroa

Lou;

I must agree, your body language in that photo is pretty funny but I'm still proud of you guys for getting that close. :smile:

fyi, I don't want to keep going around the mulberry bush because we already did it a few times and that was enough for me. I am a fan of accuracy though so here's my final pass at it.

as to why I would, I'm a little bit of an action hound and in all honesty, John was playing under his speed (def room to improve) and while he got beat he certainly wasn't annihilated, imo. I genuinely thought he could kick it up a notch and make things much more competitive.

I already explained that I made the offer in earnest once and you did hear me so seeing how you had just won like you did, I figured I shouldn't have to pester you about it, if you liked it you'd be more like, 'hell yes, I got tails.' And to be clear, I wasn't loving my side of it but I was willing to gamble and some folks have a real hard time understanding this. For anyone reading this who isn't really sure what the meaning of gambling is, it's making a wager that you actually have a real chance of losing. :rolleyes:

When I arrived at Sandcastle, room owner Ed steered me over to where you were with your team just before the start of that last day's match. Because of all that I was reading on az real time about the $$$ arguments that were still taking place, I came over and tossed my bag onto the table and said I had reinforcement money in there for JB and everyone had a chuckle then I proceeded to introduce myself since you and I never met before in person but certainly knew each other from azb. So, you did know who I was from here on az and just introduced in person.

I like both you Lou and John. Wish you guys would bury the hatchet but I don't see that happening anytime soon.

Joey started this thread about another game and as the thread grew I knew this old topic would get folded in.

Anyone who used to go to The Rack in Detroit wouldn't think this is much of a big deal, at all.

best,
brian kc <---looking for another kind of bush besides mulberry ;)

Last edited: