2019 WPA World 9 Ball - Qatar

racetoday

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i would say the weight of the title "world champion" compensates for the relatively small field. there is plenty of talent represented. with that said it's a sh*thole country that's holding this great tournament hostage, and is doing the same in other sports as well.

I wouldn't exactly call Qatar a sh*t hole country.... they're the richest country in the world per capita and a very modern country and somewhat westernized.

But, I get your point. :smile:

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wouldn't exactly call Qatar a sh*t hole country.... they're the richest country in the world per capita and a very modern country and somewhat westernized.

But, I get your point. :smile:

The imported slave labor would probably disagree with you :rolleyes:

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Billy and Shane probably won't play today since they're in the Last 64 already?

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Last 64 Single Elimination

Best players in world anxiously waiting for last 64 draw :D

64.JPG

Last 64 Single Elimination Brackets
http://esnooker.pl/turnieje/2019/w9bc/en/show_drabinka.php?id_t=290

All top names made it to last 64. Only big absentee is Niels Feijen who was eliminated by his countryman Marc B.

Live Scores
http://esnooker.pl/live/en/tsnew.php

Live Streams at this Youtube channel
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLQ5FS50ETk-2nsAe3HkvHvA2X-H28fggH

All 32 matches for last 64 will played today anytime now. 16 matches first followed by another 16 matches 2 hours later

:D

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Top half of bracket tougher than bottom half
No big matchups in round of 64
In top half, could see early matchup between Wu v Chang JL in last 16 and Wu or Chang v Filler in quarterfinals
In bottom half, Shane slated to meet Big Ko in quarterfinals.
No plain sailing as many of the others can knock them out.
:D

asbani

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tables are so generous, even though the pocket size is small, it still doesn't matter.

You can literally miss a ball and still make it, if that makes any sense, due to tables being new with new balls and new cloth! That's why you need to change the facing design of the pockets in my opinion.

We want new clothes, we want new balls, but we also need that if a player misses a ball, it doesn't go in !!

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Tables are so generous, even though the pocket size is small, it still doesn't matter.

You can literally miss a ball and still make it, if that makes any sense, due to tables being new with new balls and new cloth! That's why you need to change the facing design of the pockets in my opinion.

We want new clothes, we want new balls, but we also need that if a player misses a ball, it doesn't go in !!

I saw that just now. Filler shot a six ball that hit the rail two inches from the pocket and still went in. Looks like very shallow shelves. Then Filler misses a simple eight ball. He must have felt guilty. :wink:

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Are there ANY spectators there? Sad. Like watching a funeral and pool match broke out. What a joke. WPA is clueless about promoting its events.

No one cares about it in Qatar. They spend 150K on lunch! :cool:

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Filler is OUT

Wow, Filler is knocked out by Casper 11-7
This must be earliest exit by a reigning World Champion in a long time.
He must be missing his wife Pia who is not here :D
Wu also out. Thorsten too.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Filler looked weak, like he gave up in the match. Not the sign of a champion. I hate to say it, but he may be gone from the pool world in a few years. Something about him tells me he might not last.
Wu just got outplayed by young Xu.