Efren vs Mika LIVE in NYC.

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Efren still a run out monster. His break is a little soft though.

2-2.

Big crowd watching..

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
At 11 PM, Efren will be at Steinway for a money match. You can find it on Ambi Mesa's facebook page, Steinway after Dark.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
He is going to DCC.
That's why he flew here.
He has to leave right after DCC.
They're having The Legends tournament in Manila as his tribute tournament in Feb.
Archer and Strickland are supposed to attend that event for Efren .

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Mika won the match with Efren at Amsterdam 15-9.

7 B&Rs for Mika on 12 breaks (alternate break, generous pockets).

Last edited:

L I F D 1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mika won the match with Efren at Amsterdam 15-9.

7 B&Rs for Mika on 12 breaks (alternate break, generous pockets).

[]I have a question - HOW MUCH DID EFREN MAKE LAST NITE?

COMMENT: MIKKA HOT ON THOSE BANKS :grin-square:
[]

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It was the first time i saw Efren miss a simple kick and he missed 2 of them. Father Time.

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
In all fairness, I heard on Facebook Efren was tired from jetlag. After he flew in, played at Carom in the afternoon, then Amsterdam with Mika, and then Steinway for the money match.

It was the first time i saw Efren miss a simple kick and he missed 2 of them. Father Time.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
I got there late, but saw most of it. It was very well attended, good fun and there was a festive atmosphere, but the pool was not what you'd call breathtaking.

Watching Efren so far beyond the height of his skills is both nostalgic and painful. I recall watching Mickey Mantle in 1968, when he was no longer a top baseball player, and having similar feelings. Seeing Efren or Mickey was always unforgettable.

Mika and Efren were both outgoing and congenial in mixing with the crowd when the match was over, and both did credit to the game in the way they conducted themselves.

Thanks to all at Amsterdam for putting on such a wonderful match.

Last edited:

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I enjoyed watching this match and I also enjoy watching shots go in that are hit correctly, so to me, I see the tables accepting shots as pool tables were always meant to accept. The fact that these guys are great is what makes them run out in DIFFICULT situations. It takes great skill to MASTER even 4 7/8 corner pockets- I am talking MASTER like these two can do. So I applaud them no matter how the pockets play.
Years ago I never remember comments on pocket size when the greats played- now the not so greats seem to be more concerned about pocket size than what was accomplished. Why not just enjoy the matches and give these guys their due- I play the game very, very well - but even on those tables I could not come close to their speed- and I doubt many if any here could either.