Any other AZers in Ho Chi Minh City ???

Cuaba

Livin Large
Silver Member
Just got here today. Played the last 5 years, this year I'm a team captain for Bangkok.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    187.6 KB · Views: 342

Cuaba

Livin Large
Silver Member

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    181.7 KB · Views: 322

Cuaba

Livin Large
Silver Member

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    195.2 KB · Views: 400

GoldenDiamond

Registered
Tips for a visitor

I am not from Ho Chi Minh, but about to visit in March. I know this thread is a few years old, but any advice for a USA visitor? Ie. Locations in Ho Chi Minh to check out, what are the common game types/rules played there, etc?

Thanks in advance!

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
I know we have one member in Hanoi, he and I had some intresting discussion re: War. Apprently his father we down in a tunnel around Monkey Mountain for several years of war.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Well since we're already off the rails with this. Scoreboard!

In all seriousness, if anyone has some good advice to original question. I'm all ears. Lol
When I was there the common game was straight rail billiards. There are now many very good Vietnamese 3-cushion players.

For a location, stick "bida" into google map search or ask a taxi cab driver. Lots of pictures on Google maps.

CropperCapture[438].jpg

Last edited:

VonRhett

Friends Call Me "von"
Silver Member
Just "The War" usually.

To the OP, might I suggest you refer to it as "Saigon", not Ho Chi Minh city. You'll get a better response from people there.

HCM was the communist leader who started the war; it was a civil war between the communist north (mostly Hanoi) and the democratic south (mostly Saigon).

Despite the tragic loss of 58,000 Americans and over ONE MILLION So Vietnamese, we lost to the north. Shortly thereafter, HCM changed the name of Saigon to HCM City.

People from south VN HATE that name, and never, ever call it HCM City, unless in earshot of Govt personnel.

I go to Saigon about once a year for business. Love the people, hate the pollution.

With 9 million people, it's more populated than NYC.

-von