AccuStats Statement Regarding Royalties

FranCrimi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Word of this discussion must have reached Pat Fleming. I received this in an email from him today:

"Dear Fran,

Regarding the player royalties debate on AZ Forums, in your defense, you are absolutely correct.
Over the years, Accu-Stats has paid out over $150,000 to players as royalties for video sales.
We keep meticulous records. If any player feels he is entitled to any royalties, we are only a phone call away. No player has ever been denied royalty payments. Enough said!

You are welcome to post this on the AZ Forums if you wish.

Pat"

oldzilla

Accu-Stats Messenger
Silver Member
Generosity and Class.

I've been around a long time and have seen how the game of pool is treated
by promoters , players , and fans.

I have read quite a bit about the history of the game too.

There is good and bad in everything. Also alot in between.

NOBODY should ever question the generosity and class of Accu-Stats .

They would never throw stones.

But they are the ones most entitled to.

To have Accu-Stats involved in any event is very fortunate.

:groucho:

FranCrimi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've been around a long time and have seen how the game of pool is treated
by promoters , players , and fans.

I have read quite a bit about the history of the game too.

There is good and bad in everything. Also alot in between.

NOBODY should ever question the generosity and class of Accu-Stats .

They would never throw stones.

But they are the ones most entitled to.

To have Accu-Stats involved in any event is very fortunate.

:groucho:

Truer words were never spoken. Even when they struggle to make ends meet they still do the right thing. Not a whole lot of people are willing to do that ---- as is evident in these forums.

FranCrimi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So now that Pat Fleming has confirmed Accu-Stats position, are the players in those DVDs for the last 14.1 event that are going up for sale going to be paid royalties?

michael4

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
"Dear Fran,
Over the years, Accu-Stats has paid out over $150,000 to players as royalties for video sales. We keep meticulous records. If any player feels he is entitled to any royalties, we are only a phone call away.
Pat"

Wow, I'm impressed. Nice company.

Maybe when ALL

So now that Pat Fleming has confirmed Accu-Stats position, are the players in those DVDs for the last 14.1 event that are going up for sale going to be paid royalties?

The accustats players appearing in the videos get paid. And while I appreciate what pat does for pool and 14.1 in particuLar, I know he is mistaken regarding the facts of his statement.

Steve Lipsky

On quest for perfect 14.1
Silver Member
I like Pat very much and think he does a ton good for pool. I am not sure I understand his original statement, which seems to imply that players have to come to him to get their royalties. I have been in at least a couple Accu-Stats videos, and have never been paid a royalty.

I also know two things. One, in total these tapes might have sold 7 copies. Two, that means there were 7 people who wanted to buy a tape of Oliver Ortmann, and I happened to be playing him :).

So, I'm more curious than anything... are all players supposed to receive royalties?

Thanks,
Steve

cueball1950

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i do know that Mike Zuglan once told me that every so often he gets a royalty check from Pat....it is for the match with Mike Sigel, where Sigel runs 150 and out from the break....still popular from what i hear..............mike

kaznj

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Steve, I think it is just the opposite. People want to see you play, and Ortman just happened to be on the video.

prewarhero

guess my avatar
Silver Member
Did a player sign a contract and release to be in the video?
Did the contract state the terms of royalties?
yes? Then whats the debate?
No? Then whats the debate?

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anybody who would complain about accustats would complain about anything.

In the case of the 14.1 event unlike the other events accustats records it was accustats who organized the event and paid prize money and therefore accustats has already compensated the players.

Vahmurka

...and I get all da rolls
Silver Member
I think I'd pay royalties to Accu-Stats to videotape my match and thus save a place in pool history for me :thumbup: