Pro`s switching to carbon fiber

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
something i picked up on from berts billiard page

Jeremy bury sponsored by predator using a revo carom
from a post of his in october

Best game 3.076 ➡️ 1st game over 3 for a Revo carom shaft! ��

Feel better and better with the Revo carom shaft by Predator which keeps showing me game after game that it makes some points much easier (and even possible sometimes).
Still some adjustments to do but it’s very motivating!

73218009_10220192652788464_2557654192999104512_n.jpg

Texas Carom Club

Silver Member
berts own post, tells us now that dani sanchez is giving it a go

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1453484611586548/permalink/2484720435129622/

A few days ago in New York, I had a chance to play some shots with Dani Sánchez's new carbon fiber shafts. He had two, actually, and they were rather different. One was a "no-deflection" shaft, which he said he didn't like 100 %, because the big difference with the way wood shafts react took away too much "feel", in his view. (Didn't we all notice how Jérémy Bury needed several months to get comfortable with his cf shafts, and actually hit the amount of 2nd ball he wanted to hit?) The other one was a "medium deflection" cf shaft, and Dani said he loved it.

"Will last you a lifetime, and it reacts just like wood."

It reminded me of a story about Kevin Godley and Lol Creme, then still a part of 10CC. They told a reporter about days they spent in the studio, trying to program a drum computer just right, and make it sound like a snare drum. They kept getting close, but it was never perfect. And on the third day, Godley famously said: "Why don't we use a snare drum?"

All kidding aside: Dani showed us what he could do with the cf shaft, and it was impressive. Made big draw shots look easy, power always on tap. I've made fun of carbon fibre cues and shafts for 35 years, never liked them in the least. The ones that Marco Zanetti played with in the eighties were (excusez le mot) just complete crap. But I think we are watching that technology reach maturity now. CF is no longer a gimmick, it's now "on the level", and it's here to stay.

Prepare to fork over something in the € 500 / 600 range, if you want to order one. And decide beforehand, if you are willing to invest time in making the transition.

Texas Carom Club

Silver Member
i picked one up recently for pool playing, got it just monday, so not much time spent with it just yet
but i hit some 3c shots wtih it at home
seems to add alot of speed for going around table easier than my regular wood cues
adds alot of english much easier as well

HomeBrewer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's cool you got to get firsthand experience on one. I'd really like to.

I always thought Dani would be one of the billiards players I'd most like to get advice from. I spent a few months in Spain years ago and was trying to run into him, but it never happened.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

HomeBrewer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
berts own post, tells us now that dani sanchez is giving it a go

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1453484611586548/permalink/2484720435129622/

A few days ago in New York, I had a chance to play some shots with Dani Sánchez's new carbon fiber shafts. He had two, actually, and they were rather different. One was a "no-deflection" shaft, which he said he didn't like 100 %, because the big difference with the way wood shafts react took away too much "feel", in his view. (Didn't we all notice how Jérémy Bury needed several months to get comfortable with his cf shafts, and actually hit the amount of 2nd ball he wanted to hit?) The other one was a "medium deflection" cf shaft, and Dani said he loved it.

"Will last you a lifetime, and it reacts just like wood."

It reminded me of a story about Kevin Godley and Lol Creme, then still a part of 10CC. They told a reporter about days they spent in the studio, trying to program a drum computer just right, and make it sound like a snare drum. They kept getting close, but it was never perfect. And on the third day, Godley famously said: "Why don't we use a snare drum?"

All kidding aside: Dani showed us what he could do with the cf shaft, and it was impressive. Made big draw shots look easy, power always on tap. I've made fun of carbon fibre cues and shafts for 35 years, never liked them in the least. The ones that Marco Zanetti played with in the eighties were (excusez le mot) just complete crap. But I think we are watching that technology reach maturity now. CF is no longer a gimmick, it's now "on the level", and it's here to stay.

Prepare to fork over something in the € 500 / 600 range, if you want to order one. And decide beforehand, if you are willing to invest time in making the transition.

Oh I misread the quoted text from Bert as your own experience trying Dani's cue. Doph.

mr3cushion

Regestered User
Silver Member
If these players weren't getting BIG money for endorsing and using, I doubt they would change!

HomeBrewer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm curious, what would one speculate is big money in the three cushion world for that type of thing?