Guns and Cues, Show us your Piece

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Mighty Kel-Tec .380 mouse gun. The destruction this thing wrecks on a mouse has to be seen.(too graphic to post here though!)

Cuebuddy custom cue. Stainless Joint, brass pin, irish linen wrap, custom tip. This may be the only cue on AZB that doesn't hit a ton! It will never be for sale though.

Bob Affleck custom call.

Cross pen, because everyone knows the pen is mightier than the sword!

Pen knife.

All served up on a small dinner platter

Hu

Do you still have your rifles?

ChrisOnline

4 8 15 16 23 42
Silver Member
My other birthday present to myself..

New Smith and Wesson M&P Compact 22

Chris

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 547

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
I 100% agree...

To me the only reason to go .300 BLK is if you are running suppressed and want to run subsonic loads. There is really no other good reason in my mind. With .223 ammo back down to around .33 a round I would have no desire to pay .300 BLK prices for normal shooting.

That said....if you want it get it. Only real downside is oddball's like the BLK can take longer to sell when you want to move it.

I'm in the middle of planing an AR pistol build with the Sig brace myself. Something you may consider is that right now BCM is running a deal on uppers where you get a free bolt carrier group. You can pick up a nice 11.5 upper for about $700 and could build a pistol lower for about $300.

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/AR-15-11-Upper-Receiver-Group-s/30.htm

The only reason to be running a blackout 300 is for suppressed, subsonic fire...

Hell, if you're running suppressed just for hearing protection, you'd probably be better off staying with supersonic .223 which when suppressed just sounds like a .22...

basically, .300 blackout is just good for tactical suppressed situations, which your average shooter will NEVER encounter...

Jaden

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
hunting round

The only reason to be running a blackout 300 is for suppressed, subsonic fire...

Hell, if you're running suppressed just for hearing protection, you'd probably be better off staying with supersonic .223 which when suppressed just sounds like a .22...

basically, .300 blackout is just good for tactical suppressed situations, which your average shooter will NEVER encounter...

Jaden

Jaden,

More and more states are legalizing hunting with suppressed rifles, mine just did. A friend in another state just had a .300 AR built for suppressed hunting. I have read that England only allows rifle hunting with suppressed rifles, don't know if that is true.

With the country getting more and more crowded suppressed rounds and rifles are going to be more and more in demand for hunting. A bullet can't travel much over 1000FPS without the airflow over some parts of it moving at supersonic speed. The bullets are moving at black powder speeds and black powder has one major advantage over modern powder, it will yield more consistent velocities. Perhaps we will be seeing black powder rifles with suppressors soon! :D

Hu

ShootingArts

Gold Member
Silver Member
would have to come appart easily

That's an interesting combination, black powder and a suppressor never thought about that

It is a silly idea but as silly as things are getting not impossible we will see it on a hunting rifle. There is a special "primitive arms" season for a few days or so in my state. Started out muzzle loader, iron sights. Now I think about the only requirement left is it has to use black powder or the Pyrodex? pellets for the charge. Haven't shot black powder in decades myself and then it was just a cap and ball revolver. I was going to build a rifle from a kit but never got around to it.

Hu

ndakotan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bullet and casing design on Guido Orlandi cue using real brass inlays. Beautiful craftsmanship

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1419822111.956180.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1419822111.956180.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 688
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1419822149.191295.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1419822149.191295.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 792
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1419822197.587547.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1419822197.587547.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 741

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Christmas for wifey

This is what wifey got from me for Christmas.

She is wanting her CCL and wants to take a class.

It is beautiful. Smith and Wesson are geniuses as they designed specifically for women. The gun shop that I bought it said it is the fastest moving gun in his entire inventory.

Ken

Attachments

• ladysmith.png
    ladysmith.png
    34.3 KB · Views: 788

tattoo

Tatuaje in the house🤘🏻
Silver Member
i will be adding to this thread next week....got some PRIMO stuff to add...:grin:

galipeau

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That Guido cue is interesting to say the least.

By the way, I am looking for a nice O/U for trap and skeet shooting in the 1-2k value range. If any one wants to trade for cues, let me know. I'm in the California Bay Area, can go through any FFL around here. Also on Calguns.net just shoot me a PM

ChrisOnline

4 8 15 16 23 42
Silver Member
i also picked up alot of new stuff since my last post on august 31st... i will post it up asap

chris

HouseMan

~o^-
Silver Member
Civil War Era Carbine

I was helping to go through some stuff owned by my uncle who recently passed. Uncle Brian was a great guy and he is going to be greatly missed. Had some cool stuff too and here is one of them. I believe it's a Spencer.

Attachments

• 20150small.jpg
    20150small.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 500

ShootingArts

Gold Member
Silver Member
the ladies in red

I don't think I posted this old picture. Not much of a picture of the guns but the only one I have found, was looking for something else when I stumbled on this. The two red rifles were mine, normally used for benchrest competition but it was pretty easy to reach out and touch someone at over 500 yards with them too. I called them my ladies in red in the hope they wouldn't act like bltches when it came time to compete!

Oddly enough the accurized colt commander in the back is a varmint gun too. After I showed a friend that it was a tack driver itself inside fifty yards we had some fun with it. It was very funny watching him walk through a prairie dog town like it was an FBI Hogan's alley.

Good times from long ago!

Hu

Attachments

• Guns.jpg
    Guns.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 411

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
You need a suppressor that can easily break down then...

Jaden,

More and more states are legalizing hunting with suppressed rifles, mine just did. A friend in another state just had a .300 AR built for suppressed hunting. I have read that England only allows rifle hunting with suppressed rifles, don't know if that is true.

With the country getting more and more crowded suppressed rounds and rifles are going to be more and more in demand for hunting. A bullet can't travel much over 1000FPS without the airflow over some parts of it moving at supersonic speed. The bullets are moving at black powder speeds and black powder has one major advantage over modern powder, it will yield more consistent velocities. Perhaps we will be seeing black powder rifles with suppressors soon! :D

Hu

I know that you know this, but black powder is really dirty, so if you're suppressing a black powder rifle, be prepared to be breaking down and cleaning that suppressor fairly often, you might get away with soaking it in solvent with suppressors that don't easily break down.

Jaden.

Personally I prefer to get a form one and build my own suppressor. I even considered starting a movie sounds company so I could get a class 3 manufacturers permit in Nazifornia...

edit: I see that in a reply of yours that you stated that it would need to break down...lol,. I knew you knew that... ;)

Last edited:

Eric.

Club a member
Silver Member
MK 12 Mod 1 SPR (not an exact clone).

18"ss Douglas SPR profile barrel. 7 twist.
Robar NP3 treated BCG
Geissele HiSpeed DMR 2 stage trigger (2lb first stage, 1 lb second)
6.5 x 20, 50mm Vortex Viper optic

Eric

Attachments

• gun1a.jpg
    gun1a.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 487
Last edited: