Shaw/ Bergman- OFF

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
I'll say it right here. If you're preparing to play on a normal table and then get a tight table dumped on you when you arrive - you are not prepared!

This was an obvious move from the other side.

I think most of you have never played before.
Jason

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What happened? Jayson pulled out coz of the table specs?

Shame they didn't have details worked out on the front end.

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
What happened? Jayson pulled out coz of the table specs?

Shame they didn't have details worked out on the front end.

That is the shame of it. Bad communication.

And at this point, there's nothing that's going to change his mind, even if they recover a standard table. And his wife is totally backing his play.

Freddie <~~~ glad I didn't make travel plans

OldOrvis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
wow

This is the weakest move Ive ever seen, Just backs out after money has been posted and Justin is already there.......

Alex Kanapilly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'll say it right here. If you're preparing to play on a normal table and then get a tight table dumped on you when you arrive - you are not prepared!

This was an obvious move from the other side.

I think most of you have never played before.
Jason

I've read both FB posts and it doesn't seem like it was a move on JB's side. I think JS is at fault here, from what I know anyway.

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here is both of the players statements guys

Capture c.jpg

Capture  a.jpg
Capture b.PNG

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shaw will lose his airfare, which is usually nonrefundable?

This is bogus on Shaw's part. Can't believe a beast like him is scared. He can be given a day to shoot and practice on whatever table they decide on

I bet Filler, Shane, Dennis would hop on the flight tomm to play Bergman. Shane made a post saying he'll play JB.

Last edited:

Marky Mark

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
if the specs were not communicated to him, then that would be on Justin and or his team. It will affect Shaw mentally even if he has the God-given talent to shoot lights out 90% of the time.

$TAKE HOR$E

champagne - campaign
Silver Member
So in other words Shaw wants a table loose as a pirate hooker or he ain’t playing. I’ll shoot 3 ptrs with any living NBA player if I can throw my ball into the bed of a pick up truck.

Andrew Manning

Aspiring know-it-all
Silver Member
I've read both FB posts and it doesn't seem like it was a move on JB's side. I think JS is at fault here, from what I know anyway.

I agree, we're supposed to believe the table is too tight for the player whose nickname is "eagle eye"? Who came up on 3" blackball pockets? In a room full of other tables they could use if that one's not acceptable to both parties? I don't know Jayson's real reasons; he doesn't seem like a fearful guy. But the stated reasons smell a lot like total bullshit.

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm guessing his backer backed off. Maybe his backer got it right since Shaw seems weak-minded.

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
$8K added money too and Shaw backs out.

Eagle Eye is just weakminded. Maybe someone start a GoFundMe acct and he'll play.

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Watched a video on Scott Frost FB with Shaw in the action room. He was a real badass betting with Russian Kenny playing gimmick spot shots.

Get_A_Grip

Truth Will Set You Free
Silver Member
Although I really wanted to see this match, I can actually see Jayson's point. If the day before they are switching the table specs on him, that's BS.

If I'm betting a lot of my own money, I certainly would want to be able to practice at home under the same conditions.

Sure, he's one of the best shotmakers in the world, but mentally having moves pulled on him obviously have a big impact, or he wouldn't be backing out.

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums