CTE when done correctly..........

Boxcar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How can something be "done correctly" when it only exists in the minds of a few zealots?

Is there anybody here who is old enough to remember Dr. Irwin Corey, the "World's Foremost Authority?"

Last edited:

Straightpool_99

I see dead balls
Silver Member
Nobody has made the claim that Jayson Shaw uses CTE. That is a supposition made by those who "don't know that they don't know". (creating confusion and chaos)
What Shaw does is VISUALLY sweep into his shot lines. This is a strong indicator that his VISION is minutely offset and in a ProOne position.
Tyler Styer spends hours and hours around all these top hitters and declares they ALL visually sweep into their shots. (The eyes lead and the body follows)
As Stan Shuffett has said before, REAL CTE is a fooler in that one can actually think they're engaged in contact points, ghost ball, or even fractions. However, in reality their visual intelligence has overridden their conventional logic. Regardless of what they think, it is very easy to quietly migrate into an offset without even being aware of it.
:thumbup2:

OK, so lets get to the bottom of this terminology:
"...sweep into his shotlines.." What does this even mean? That he somehow views his lines from the side and then does something with his head to get on it? Because if he isn't using CTE (I'm as sure as I feel I can be on that part), then what benefit does he get from viewing a line from the side? The offset is (I think) caused by finding the perceptions, from which you must then sweep visually to find the shotline. If he doesn't use the visuals, then what possible benefit could he have from doing this? He could just put his head on the shotline and keep it there. If what you're saying is true, he should appear to approach various shotlines from different sides in a systematic fashion, or are you saying he only sweeps from one direction?

CTE's claims are that the visuals used are objective, but now you say that it doesn't matter what you used, so long as you move in from an offset? Why is that?

And how are you so sure he does this? I sure can't detect it, but I'd love to see a video analysis with lines drawn in to prove your statements. Without video evidence they're all unsubstantiated claims.

Last edited:

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
One does not have any control over the subconscious.

You can not turn it off and on at will.
Hence the "sub" part. But you can get better at "reading" it without "interrupting" it.

And you can "teach" it - or at least feed it relevant data.

pj
chgo

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
Little confused here. Don't you argue that systems are for beginners

Not really. I say that good systems can be great shortcuts for beginners. I believe beginners, once they develop a consistent stroke, can benefit more from a good aiming system than a more experienced player that already has a good feel and knowledge of aiming.
By "good" system I mean any system that reduces or eliminates much of the guesswork and trial and error that is traditionally a part of developing consistent aiming skills.

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I do not care...nothing will satisfy you about this.

OK, so lets get to the bottom of this terminology:
"...sweep into his shotlines.." What does this even mean? That he somehow views his lines from the side and then does something with his head to get on it? Because if he isn't using CTE (I'm as sure as I feel I can be on that part), then what benefit does he get from viewing a line from the side? The offset is (I think) caused by finding the perceptions, from which you must then sweep visually to find the shotline. If he doesn't use the visuals, then what possible benefit could he have from doing this? He could just put his head on the shotline and keep it there. If what you're saying is true, he should appear to approach various shotlines from different sides in a systematic fashion, or are you saying he only sweeps from one direction?
CTE's claims are that the visuals used are objective, but now you say that it doesn't matter what you used, so long as you move in from an offset? Why is that?
And how are you so sure he does this? I sure can't detect it, but I'd love to see a video analysis with lines drawn in to prove your statements. Without video evidence they're all unsubstantiated claims.
*sigh*
Without video evidence do you believe John Dillinger was shot dead outside the Biograph theatre in Chicago by FBI agents.? (maybe unsubstantiated claims)
Without video evidence do you believe the Titanic really hit an iceberg? (maybe an unsubstantiated claim, too)
Without video evidence do you really believe Jeffery Epstein had all those girls in slavery...(they just said he did)? (maybe more unsubstantiated claims)
This could go on forever. I am of course illustrating the absurd by being absurd.
Nothing will ever change your mind, ever.
I think that is excellent. Please go right ahead with your own failed diagnoses, enjoy life, enjoy shooting pool anyway you choose and believing as you choose. I do not care.
CTE ProOne and visual sweeping into the shot line is simply not for you.....

Last edited:

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The only sweeping Shaw does is sweeping his opponents.
Gotta love the riding of Shaw's bandwagon after he won big last week.
Next, we're gonna hear Dennis or Shane using sweeps .
They ALL visually sweep into their shots.
(you probably do also, if you're a genuine hitter)

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
The only sweeping Shaw does is sweeping his opponents.
Gotta love the riding of Shaw's bandwagon after he won big last week.
Next, we're gonna hear Dennis or Shane using sweeps .

True true. Lol. Every pool player aligns their cue in accordance with what their eyes are seeing. We all follow the basic concept of "eyes lead and body follows".
We look first, visualizing a ghostball line or contact points or fractional aim or a CTE perception or whatever else, then we step into what we are seeing and align our body and stroke accordingly. No mystery.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
True true. Lol. Every pool player aligns their cue in accordance with what their eyes are seeing. We all follow the basic concept of "eyes lead and body follows".
We look first, visualizing a ghostball line or contact points or fractional aim or a CTE perception or whatever else, then we step into what we are seeing and align our body and stroke accordingly. No mystery.

Not me.
My right hand is in the middle of my chest. pfft!

Place the right foot on the shot line along with the grip hand.
Go down and shoot.

Last edited:

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
Not me.
My right hand is in the middle of my chest. pfft!

Place the right foot on the shot line along with the grip hand.
Go down and shoot.

Not you? Placing your foot on the shot line is exactly what I'm talking about. The shot line is not visible - you visualize it with your eyes. I don't care what method or magic gives you this line. But when you get it your body moves into action. You step in, bend down, and shoot. Sounds like what I do.

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member
Careful. I said this exact same thing and got banned for 3 months. You've said it a couple of times so far and nothing, but then I have a target on my back. :rolleyes:

Got banned for telling the truth.

He sure has changed his writing style from the beginning on here. Now he's a cte expert expert expert.

Anybody thinks thats low posting i got a secret aiming system to sell you for 25 dollars, you'll never miss again.:wink:

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Got banned for telling the truth.

He sure has changed his writing style from the beginning on here. Now he's a cte expert expert expert.

Anybody thinks thats low posting i got a secret aiming system to sell you for 25 dollars, you'll never miss again.:wink:

Please clear up some space in you pm inbox.