Ginky tourney rules?

John Novak

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Incoming player seems to have option to refuse shot after miss. Correct?

Its call shot and call safety

If a player calls a shot and misses, the incoming player will have the option to shoot or make his opponent shoot again. No matter how many times a player misses a called shot, failure to pocket that ball legally or wrongfully pocketing the ball in another pocket allows the opposing player the option to shoot or make his opponent shoot again.

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Its call shot and call safety

If a player calls a shot and misses, the incoming player will have the option to shoot or make his opponent shoot again. No matter how many times a player misses a called shot, failure to pocket that ball legally or wrongfully pocketing the ball in another pocket allows the opposing player the option to shoot or make his opponent shoot again.

excellent rules imho- the only downside i see is the loss of the 2 way shot but that is more than overridden by no longer being hooked unintentionally on an opponents missed shot.

i BELIEVE Grady gets credit for using these rules in tournament play as early as 20 years ago maybe longer. All his 9B events were played this way thereafter.

Pushout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
excellent rules imho- the only downside i see is the loss of the 2 way shot but that is more than overridden by no longer being hooked unintentionally on an opponents missed shot.

i BELIEVE Grady gets credit for using these rules in tournament play as early as 20 years ago maybe longer. All his 9B events were played this way thereafter.

I think a lot more people will take to these rules eventually. My self, I don't see the loss of the so-called two-way-shot as a downside. It's the unintentional hook that has plagued the current rules since their introduction.