SP2 REVO 3 vs P3?

Santin23

Registered
Hello fellows!

I’ve been playing 3-cushions for almost of my time, as I explained in a past post, I moved to Vancouver and I haven’t found 3C tables close to me, therefore, few months ago I turned back to play pool again in a serious way since 2012, even though I used played few games sometimes during that time, anyways… For this reason, also because I wanted a Viking since I used to watch tournaments on ESPN, I bought a Viking cue on March. Although I’m very happy with it, usually I like to have a backup cue just in case that my feelings change (Call it superstition, mania or whatever), a predator is the first option on my mind, because of its good reputation (talking about production cues, I’m not interested in a fancy or custom cue), so I would like to know your thoughts about the following issues:

1. SP2 REVO 3 vs P3? (Besides the different shaft, is there any big difference in the cue construction?), do they have same balance? do you have any experience with them?

2. I used to play 3-C with a longoni cue and S2 shaft (Laminated), now that I’ve been playing pool with my Viking (Vikore shaft) I’ve noticed an important difference between each one (I know pool and carom are different disciplines, also they have particular techniques, but they have the same essence), therefore what kind of shaft do you recommend to me? 314, Z3 or Vantage? (I named these because the good comments read it).

3. Would you recommend trying REVO or any other CF shaft? I’m very curious about it (That’s why my choice of SP2 REVO3) However I’m afraid to expend so much money on it.

I hope you can help, thanks in advance

asbani

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hmm, what exactly is REVO 3? I didn't know that Revo 1 and Revo 2 existed, let alone Revo 3.

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
The sp2 Revo 3 comes with a cf shaft standard. I absolutely love the 12.4 mm Revo the best of all the CF shafts out to date. The sp2 comes with an extended wrap which is much longer than any other cue. I believe they are also made with the c4 technology predator has.

The p3 comes with whichever shaft you want I believe. Comes in wrapless or with a regular size wrap. P3 has its own technology in the butt.

IMO, I'd get the sp2 Revo 3 for feel and shaft.

Santin23

Registered
Thanks gregnice37, I appreciate your comments. In fact, I hadn't noticed the larger wrap feature on the SP2 that you mentioned, I will keep investigating on the subject

Regards!

Donkin the 8

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you are leaning towards the p3 just keep in mind there are two versions. P3 and P3 revo. The taper of the butt is different between the two. The revo editions are much slimmer taper

Santin23

Registered
Thank you Donkin the 8, I appreciate your advice. That one is another fact that I didn´t know it about P3, I'll consider it.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you want a shaft that you can play 3C with as well as pocket billiards, I suggest a Revo, it works with the larger and heavier 3C balls better than other LD shafts I have tried. A friend of mine has a pool and 3C table and we were swapping between the two with other players, everyone though the Revo shaft worked well for both games while other shafts were weaker in 3C.

67GT500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Whatever stick you decide to go with I'd spend the extra cash and get the Revo shaft. I just bought a new P3 with the leopard wood and 12.9 revo shaft with the white vault plate and i'm loving it. I have 2 other predator sticks with new 314-3 shafts that I shot with all the time and really liked...but they don't compare to the revo's feedback and accuracy. I've been shooting with it almost every night since I got it two weeks ago and It's honestly been one of the easiest shafts for me to adjust to. It seems to me that I can move the cueball around much easier with less effort...and maybe that's because the revo comes with a soft tip instead of the medium tips i've been playing with for years.Whatever it is, I'm loving my new Predator

Santin23

Registered
Thank you guys, all your comments are welcome!, definitely I'm convinced to try a REVO shaft, now I will decide if a P3 or REVO cue, I hope to see physically one of them to define my purchase.

Regards,

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
Don't forget as well there is like I $450-500 difference in price on the 2. I believe the sp2revo3 is $899 and the p3 with a Revo is $1399, depending on wrapless or wrap.

Keith E.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had someone try to sell me a counterfeit P3 with a Revo Z2 shaft this weekend. Y'all be careful out there.

Keith

atlas333

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Santin23
I got a full carbon cue custom made for me from GO Customs. The price is better and you can get it to your specs. You should look up the website and check it out.
Paul

Santin23

Registered
Thanks for your advice Paul, I'll check it too, it is good to know different options and point of view.

Regards,