Spectator chairs

Paul Webster

Registered
Can anyone say where to buy nice spectator chairs at a reasonable price, we need about 20 or so, ? This isvfor NEW POOL HALL, COMMERCIAL USE, NO JUNK, NO CHURCH PEWS. NO IKEA PLEASE. WANT SOME QUALITY STUFF Thank you

Last edited:

noMoreSchon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Save your money, go get some church pews, or splurge on some theater seats. Either way

you can seat 20 for about $500.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Can anyone say where to buy nice spectator chairs at a reasonable price, we need about 20 or so, ? Thank you

You can often find some great bar stools at Thrift stores. Usually priced at $10-20 each or less. Look around. :smile:

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
Like new condition, just need to be picked up and taken home

Attachments

• received_3349979661750194.jpeg
    received_3349979661750194.jpeg
    129.5 KB · Views: 461

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
Mine came from American Heritage Billiards but they weren't cheap and take up a lot of real estate, plus they have a storage drawer you wouldn't want in a business...but they are nice. Buying 20 you might be able to get them under $400 each. If you want to pay half that or less I'd suggest you won't find a true spectator billiard chair in that range that will stand up to commercial use and should just look at a metal frame 30" seat bar stool like the Amisco Gatlin shown.
608ca805d3938a3bb91b313a66d95308.jpg
bd4d478c896f38f81ac9cc096175e244.jpg
0e0085bceea1e8f712fab2a446d830e4.jpg

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can anyone say where to buy nice spectator chairs at a reasonable price, we need about 20 or so, ? This isvfor NEW POOL HALL, COMMERCIAL USE, NO JUNK, NO CHURCH PEWS. NO IKEA PLEASE. WANT SOME QUALITY STUFF Thank you
It’s an absolute must that they are all wood chair seats and seat backs - no upholstery, vinyl, or leather, which will absolutely not hold up for commercial use.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
It’s an absolute must that they are all wood chair seats and seat backs - no upholstery, vinyl, or leather, which will absolutely not hold up for commercial use.
Hard wood seating is fine if you don't want anyone staying more than an hour.

My 60 year old vinyl chairs in my office / cigar room, that spent half their life in an automotive repair waiting room, would disagree about durability.
f36a698b1deb8f565ce80ed8ce5a4fe0.jpg

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hard wood seating is fine if you don't want anyone staying more than an hour.

My 60 year old vinyl chairs in my office / cigar room, that spent half their life in an automotive repair waiting room, would disagree about durability.
f36a698b1deb8f565ce80ed8ce5a4fe0.jpg

When you are shooting pool, you are in and out of your chair constantly, sitting only while your opponent is shooting. Wooden slat seats and seat backs are the only way to go for a commercial Poolroom, unless you want to replace the upholstery every few years. If you are spending so much time in your chair that it’s getting uncomfortable, you obviously need to work on your pool game, so you can start spending at least as much time at the table shooting as your opponent does!

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
When you are shooting pool, you are in and out of your chair constantly, sitting only while your opponent is shooting. Wooden slat seats and seat backs are the only way to go for a commercial Poolroom, unless you want to replace the upholstery every few years. If you are spending so much time in your chair that it’s getting uncomfortable, you obviously need to work on your pool game, so you can start spending at least as much time at the table shooting as your opponent does!

This isn't about my $h!tty pool game, This is about us guessing wtf the OP wants and arguing amongst ourselves about it while he stopped reading the thread a day ago and ordered whatever his vendor had in the warehouse.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This isn't about my $h!tty pool game, This is about us guessing wtf the OP wants and arguing amongst ourselves about it while he stopped reading the thread a day ago and ordered whatever his vendor had in the warehouse.
I like your chairs as a cigar spot. Wouldn't want to have to get up-n-down from them if i was playing. I've got an old-school green steel office chair that must be 60yrs old by now. Built like a tank.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
I like your chairs as a cigar spot. Wouldn't want to have to get up-n-down from them if i was playing. I've got an old-school green steel office chair that must be 60yrs old by now. Built like a tank.

Well no, they would not be good spectator chairs. This one is holding up pretty well too with the original vinyl but they don't make them like this any longer.

Attachments

• 20200822_095807.jpg
    20200822_095807.jpg
    201.2 KB · Views: 171
  • 20200822_095842.jpg
    20200822_095842.jpg
    200.8 KB · Views: 166