Votes: 6 2.4%
  • Other

Votes: 128 50.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

thelmstetter

Tomcat
Silver Member
This is a poll to see what everyone feels is the best playing cue. Feel free to vote for as many as you like. Please base your responses on how a cue plays rather than how nice it looks. Sorry if I did not list your favorite... the forum only allows 25 selections.

I went through the forum and made a list of the other cues that people have mentioned as their favorite. If you like a cue not listed... Copy this list and update with your selection.

Tascarella 4
Mobley 2
Lucasi 1
Dick Neighbors 1
Mike Webb 1
Mason Houghland 1
A-E titlist conversion 2
Jenson 2
Snowman 1
Searing 1
Joss West 1
Rauenzahn 1
Omen 3
Lambros 1
Rick Howard 1
Meucci 3
Mark Moore 1
Josey 2
Bobby Hunter 1
Sugar tree 2
Tiger 1
Predator 2
Ron Haley 1
Cognoscenti 1

Feel free to add any cues not listed

Last edited:

JesseBfan

Motivation, where are u?
Silver Member
My current cue beats every cue Ive ever even hit balls with, much less owned. It's a custom Ebony on Ebony OMEN. It's just plain unbelievable. I've played with or at least hit balls with 20 of the names on this list. That being said, all cues don't hit alike just because they're made by the same person/company. There are just too many factors in what makes up the hit of a given cue.

sfleinen

14.1 & One Pocket Addict
Gold Member
Silver Member
Tiger Products' cues

I would add Tiger to the list. I know Dennis Orcullo would completely agree. ;)

-Sean

mr8ball

I played with a Schon for years and had Jacoby make me a cue a few years ago and have never looked back

mouse

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I will have to second Omen cues. Bar none the best I have ever owned and Ive had quite a few.

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
Terrific list, I currently own 14 of them including "other"
I haven't voted yet, but I'm thinking Kersenbrock.
The list is a well thought out group of great playing cues.
"Other" would be Ernie Martinez, which is what I am currently playing with.
Ernie fits nicely into the group

wambamcam

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Best ever for me is Josey, second is Scruggs, then Alex Brick. Sold all of them but bought back the Josey. Best pool decision I've ever made.

mattb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The only problem I see is most of us have not and will never own some of the cues on the list. I have played with a Szamboti but I can honestly say I will probably never own one. The results may be biased toward cues that cost less.

marknyc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Best Playing Cue...

Best I've ever had was a Ron Haley Brazilian Rosewood cue. It was perfect.

thelmstetter

Tomcat
Silver Member
I thought I had a pretty good list... but now I see some of the other cues people have mentioned, I realize I left out a number of very good cue makers. I really wish you could include more than 25.

Hungarian

C'mon, man!
Silver Member
Yeah. No top 25 list is complete without Cognoscenti.

Tough really to glean any real good info from this since it such a subjective topic

Cheers...

bflgvs

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The best cue that I have played with that I own is the cue that I am currently using. I've been basically using this cue since I purchased it around 1993. I've bought several since but they don't light a candle to this TAD. And I'll also say that about cues that I've owned prior to it.

Gerry S.

DrOnePocket

Banned
The absolute best playing cue I ever owned was a basic Predator Sneaky pete with 2 314's that was sent to Dennis Searing to be retapered, re ferruled, and a leather wrap put on.

The ONLY reason i sold it was because a good friend of mine who plays great pool had his sticks stolen at the airport. He needed a cue for a tournament one weekend, i had several and told him to pick one. He destroyed everyone that weekend and offered me too much for the cue. Like an idiot, i took the offer

BryanB

Huge Balls
Silver Member
Been playing with my Moore (Mark Moore) since 1993. I think I have one of the last few he made. Going to be getting a Patrick (Doug Patrick) cue soon

warfdiesel

Getting Better
Silver Member
I play with a true ugly duckling. A Bobby Hunter sneaky with a hand rubbed finish. Super plain but super stiff. Effortlessly moves the cue ball. I love it.