How Arrogant of the United States!

TwinkleToes

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The US must be pretty arrogant. Why? Because instead of playing against one country in the Mosconi Cup, they think they can compete against 54 countries!

Well, maybe not? The following countries make up what is now known as Europe:

Albania, Andorra, Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, England, Estonia, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Kazakhstan, Kosovo, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuainia, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, Northern Ireland, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, San Marino, Scotland, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom, Vatican City, Wales.

It could be that some of those countries are not allowed to be part of the contingent that makes up the European team. I really don't know how many of those countries are allowed to be a part?

But...for the US to think that they can compete against all of those countries, or even half that many countries, is ridiculous and smacks of arrogance, to say the least. Europe has a population of more than twice as much as the US.

But...they keep trying!

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
The US must be pretty arrogant. Why? Because instead of playing against one country in the Mosconi Cup, they think they can compete against 54 countries!

Albania, Andorra, Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, England, Estonia, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Kazakhstan, Kosovo, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuainia, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, Northern Ireland, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, San Marino, Scotland, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom, Vatican City, Wales.

It could be that some of those countries are not allowed to be part of the contingent that makes up the European team. I really don't know how many of those countries are allowed to be a part?

But...for the US to think that they can compete against all of those countries, or even half that many countries, is ridiculous and smacks of arrogance, to say the least. Europe has a population of more than twice as much as the US.

But...they keep trying!

It used to be England vs America. Matchroom changed it since the US was unstoppable.

Now it is the other way around. The US is no longer dominant plus their opponent has a deeper pool for talent

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member

But...they keep trying!
Pool has only been around for six years.

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We don't make the rules we play by them
I'm sure if someone wants to post up the cash they can get who ever they want

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
There are probably ten nine ball players in America for every one in Europe.

How arrogant of Europe o think they can win. Oh wait, they can win, and win and then win some more.

snucar

World Snucar Champion
Silver Member
The OP has raised a really good question here. Let's make it fair and play USA vs Vatican City next year.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Speaking of this country vs continent debate.... who won Charlie's knock off of the Mosconi cup?

Well, it was the "West" versus the "East."

So one might think that was equivalent to the Western Hemisphere versus the Eastern Hemisphere. But Europe is split between the two hemispheres, and some of the West's players were from the Eastern Hemisphere, so ,,,,,,,,,,,,,

ah, fiddle

Last edited:

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member

But...they keep trying!

Um, Matchroom is the one who decides that it's Europe vs. America.

Mosconi cup participants are decided by Matchroom and mostly dependent on rankings and popularity.

It used to be England vs America. Matchroom changed it since the US was unstoppable.

Now it is the other way around. The US is no longer dominant plus their opponent has a deeper pool for talent

As far as I know it the Mosconi cup has always been Europe vs. America. Maybe in the very early years it was only England. I can't remember.

ABR

ABR Public Relations
Silver Member

But...they keep trying!

No offense but it is perfectly clear that you don't understand a single thing about the Mosconi Cup.

..or American players.

Good luck with that.

parvus1202

Suspected hacked account
Silver Member
Does it matter if it's the entire continent? It is still 5 vs 5. Let's say 5 best Filipino against 5 best rest of the world, who do you think will win? Still 50-50 right.

Ak Guy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
To funny

Well fair or not, Europe won and looked good doing it. I did notice they had a lot of respect for Shane and were pretty gracious with our players when it was over. I think that they got to know Shane better during the Kings Cup and that helped to promote good sportsmanship.

If Shane Mike and Corey had caught a gear like our 2 younger players we would have had a different out come. I can't wait till next year.

I hope Mark Wilson hires Alex and Efren for a weeks kicking and safety play lesson for our Team U.S.A.

Straightpool_99

I see dead balls
Silver Member
I thought it was just the EU countries that could be on "Team Europe"? At least that is the flag under which they play. EU has only 28 countries.

accustatsfan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

But...they keep trying!

The United States used to be arrogant striving to be the best it was our greatest strength, but since the 90's when we started trying to please everybody we've become weaker by the year

Don't worry about the inequity of one country trying to compete against many if history is an indicator we will someday become absorbed into a big mass called whatever the American continent will be renamed.

You have a good point though the time has long passed to where it should be a team comprised of players from the American continent competing against a team from Europe.