What Was the Best Mosconi Cup Shot Ever Made?

ibuycues

I Love Box Cues
Silver Member
Although not one of the best shots ever made, I genuinely find the 1-9 combination shot
made by Shane Van Boening last year against Alex Kazakis to win the Cup for the USA
to certainly be very, very memorable. Under a ton of pressure with the set against AK at 4-3 and the team score at 10-9,
hanging or wobbling the 9 ball would have brought the AK/SVB score to hill-hill and the Cup score to 10-10, also hill-hill.

Whew, I will remember how perfectly he hit that one for a long time.
Kinda like when Earl made his combo shot for the 11-game run.
Bravo to SVB, and a fitting final shot for the cup’s return, also made by the fitting player.
Memorable.

Will Prout

Last edited:

Tin Man

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I think Styer's combo to win the first set for USA in 2018 was legendary. Nothing that followed would have had relevance if he hadn't broke through.

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Definitely svb’ s combo... with all the pressure he was facing. His years of not playing his best in the Mosconi and us not winning one in years to shoot that combo was definitely epic.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Although not one of the best shots ever made, I genuinely find the 1-9 combination shot
made by Shane Van Boening last year against Alex Kazakis to win the Cup for the USA
to certainly be very, very memorable. Under a ton of pressure with the set against AK at 4-3 and the team score at 10-9,
hanging or wobbling the 9 ball would have brought the AK/SVB score to hill-hill and the Cup score to 10-10, also hill-hill.

Bravo to SVB, and a fitting final shot for the cup’s return, also made by the fitting player.
Memorable.

Will Prout

I thought SVB’s long jump to make the one ball at double hill against Boyes in the ?2015? Mosconi Cup was way better and at least as clutch. Europe had ten so a miss would have more than likely ended the event. Shane, who had the option to push out, gambled and won by taking on this tough jump. He made it to keep Team USA in it and the crowd went nuts.

ibuycues

I Love Box Cues
Silver Member
I thought SVB’s long jump to make the one ball at double hill against Boyes in the ?2015? Mosconi Cup was way better and at least as clutch. Europe had ten so a miss would have more than likely ended the event. Shane, who had the option to push out, gambled and won by taking on this tough jump. He made it to keep Team USA in it and the crowd went nuts.

Ah,yes, a great shot, but for me not as memorable. On the combo, we won the Cup!
Kinda the same way as a hitter remembering a double that wins a World Series final. Maybe not the best hit he ever made,
but I guarantee he is going to remember it!
Memorable.

Will Prout

ibuycues

I Love Box Cues
Silver Member

Memorable.

Will Prout

Wouldn’t ya know it, on Wednesday SVB was being interviewed for this year’s Mosconi Cup on their Facebook page,
and they showed him the video of this combination shot he made that won the Cup for USA last year.
He described it as one of the highest pressure shots he ever made, and said that, of all the pressure shots he has made over the years at the Mosconi Cup, this is The Shot that he will remember best for his career. He really likes the shot, and takes highest pride when speaking of it.
He then called it, “The best shot of his whole career”.

What are some other memorable shots?

Will Prout

Last edited: