Palmer on ebay looks fake

el_h3fe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
i dont know much about these but does this not look like one of the 1970s palmers? not an original palmer but one of the 1970s models?

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
i dont know much about these but does this not look like one of the 1970s palmers? not an original palmer but one of the 1970s models?

It looks like one but it's not right. The metal butt rings look like they are from a Palmer model 9 in the first catalog, but everything else is completely wrong. The label is fake.

Str8PoolPlayer

“1966 500 SuperFast”
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
It looks like one but it's not right. The metal butt rings look like they are from a Palmer model 9 in the first catalog, but everything else is completely wrong. The label is fake.

Possibly a "parts" cue that someone assembled ... but NOT a Palmer Original (IMO).

Str8PoolPlayer

“1966 500 SuperFast”
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
I recall several years ago a group of broken cue butts on eBay and
some were old Palmers. A talented person could have incorporated
those parts into "faux" Palmers. Just a guess ?

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
Auction ended. I guess he accepted my message. I have to give him credit for doing that if he didn't know what the story was....

petes6ss1120

Registered
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Ha

broomstick.jpg
It's back up with a new picture. I'm sure it can fly though for that price:D .

broomstick.jpg

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
it looks real. i believe it is. probably someone took the wrap off and the rings as well. those old rings never would go back on straight again and you would get something like that. the joint looks palmer as well.
it doesnt matter in that condition and messed up it isnt worth much anyway

ZiggyLee

I Love This Game!!!!
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
I don't think this is a Palmer at all. I advised the seller but who knows how they will respond.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ORIGINAL-BY-PALMER-POOL-STICK-WITH-NAME-JUST-28-5-BASE-ONLY-16OZ-APP-/201092092702?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2ed205d31e

Thanks to Rick (Captain Burnout) for alerting me. It is a Titlist if someone wants to pick it up for that.

Chris
Chris I totally agree, it looks like someone has tried to make a Palmer butt sleeve. It looks as if whoever put it together attached it to a dark brown broom stick. I wouldn't buy it. Your right it looks nothing like any Palmer I have seen.

Chris:smile: