mezz power break 2 vs predstor bk3 (if u had to choose)

el_h3fe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Which would you choose?. Ive narrowed my preference down to these two and thus far im leaning toward the pb2. Id like to know why you guys would or already have chosen one over the other. For me, ive seen the benefit of the break with the mezz but have only broke a few times with a bk3. I also see where you could use the mezz pb2 as a jump cue since its short, however ive never tried. I want to know from you guys whether the pb2 is a capable jump cue in addition to a breaker. I already know both of theee cuew are good breakers... I am looking for very specific reasons why you think one outperforms the other.

feel free to break it down scientifically if you want, lol. I want to know that I am making the right decision. At this point, the only problem I have with the pb2 is that I cant get it with a wrap. Id kill to have a pb2 with a wrap. One final thing... the only info I care to hear about outside of these two specific would be about other break models from these two companies, specifically the mezz dual force. Havent broke with one and wouldnt mind knowing how it compares and how it jumps.

Im in the market for one so im either going to find one for sale here or im buying one at the expo. So, in addition to your opinion, if you have one or the other for sale, let me know here or pm me. Thanks in advance for the opinions, folks.

branpureza

Ginacue
Silver Member
I've used them both and while both are great break cues I would definitely go for the Mezz.

Mezz Powerbreak Pro with H shaft or the newer Mezz Kai with the Deep Impact 2 shaft would be your best bets.

:thumbup:

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
I've never tried a mezz before but I have the bk3 with leather wrap and that bad boy is a beast. Picking up the air II at the expo.

Big-Tattoo

I'm back
Silver Member
The new Mezz Kai Breaker is now the BEST stuff:thumbup:
I got 2 of them, wrapless, but you have to changed the stupid Sonic Tip to Samsara Break Tip or Taom;)
Ralf

ctran

You watch me.
Silver Member
The new Mezz Kai Breaker is now the BEST stuff:thumbup:
I got 2 of them, wrapless, but you have to changed the stupid Sonic Tip to Samsara Break Tip or Taom;)
Ralf

you are spot on about the tip Ralf, I cant say enough about how much i hate the sonic tip.

changed to Samsara tip on my friend's mezz breaker and it's the beast now. sadly I gave him my last samsara and dont have one for my cue now.

about BK3 vs PB2, I find the mezz to be a harder cue, breaks well with less power, but if you tend to go full power the BK3 is better, it's the cue with more "flex" feel.

I myself would pick Mezz, but my mentor, a pro player, swears by the BK2 and BK3 lmao

SCCues

< Searing Twins
Silver Member
Predator BK3

I play in a weekly 9 ball league and I'm in the top handicap division and the break can determine who wins the match a lot of times. I struggled with my break and I lost a few matches because my opponent was making balls and I would make a ball now and then. I decided to try a Predator BK3 even though I had two jump/break cues, but neither of my cues was consistent making balls and I struggled in my matches due to my break.

My new Predator BK3 with the sport wrap changed my 9 ball game. I'm making balls now and getting control of the table instead of not making balls and my opponent having control of the tables. I'm sure the Mezz cue is a good one, but I can tell you from my experience that the Predator works well and I'm using the tip that came on the cue. I bought a Samsara tip just in case I needed it, but so far the tip that came on the cue is working fine. My 2 cents to the debate.....

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Mezz breakers are in a different class than the Predator breakers!
The Predator break cues seem to not withstand the constant pounding, ferrules break, the laquer chips and compared to the Mezz breakers it`s got a weird balance.
I recomend getting the Deep Impact Pro R shaft if you break Shane style or the H shaft if you usually break from the rail.
The Sonic tip is pretty good, but upgrading to a Taom tip is highly recomended.

Keith Jawahir

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've had a BK2 for years, and the Samsara was easily the best tip I've had on it. The Taom tip is the only tip I'd prefer over the Samsara, but the thermoplastic will chip and fall apart after a few miscues. I've had two BK3's pass through my hands, one wrapless and one with the sport grip. I'll agree that it's a great break cue, but as with all Predators, I hate that I don't feel anything when I hit with it. I did have a chance to hit with the Power Break Kai, and that thing is beastly too. If I'm ever in the market for a break cue again, I'm looking at either the Mezz PB Kai or a Jacoby Edge Break, since everything else I own is Jacoby.

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
My teammate has a BK, and he really likes it. I have a Mezz, and he bugs me to sell it to him, so that tells you something. He just won the state 8 ball, even using his BK, just likes the Mezz better. I might give in one day ;)

el_h3fe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
when its proflducrion, of course its japan or china. lol. anyway, i see the responses and im kinda surprised that i didnt see a plethora of people swearing by the bk3 considering how many predstor fans therebare out there. ive always kinda wondered about the impact the shorter butt makes with my break specifically as i was always scared that i wouldnt be able to transition from a full size cue to a 4 inch shorter butt and still be effective with my break.

that being said, i think the responses are helping to solidify my decision to go with mezz but the mention of the kai is making me want to try one of thowe out before going with the pb2. i am going to do a bit of research but i wouldnt mind knowing what you guys feel the kai brings to the table that the pb2 and the dual force dont.

finally, i didnt see any responses about jumping with the pb2 and dual force. id like to know if you guys are able to effectively use the pb2 as a jumper and how it works for you. obviously its not going to be close in comparison with a dedicated jumper or breaking down the dual force but id still like to know. also, how does the dual force perform as a jumper in addition to a breaker.

thanks for the input so far and thanks for anyone who is yet to respond &#55357;&#56842;

Plagueis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Has anyone used the various Mezz breakers and can provide their review on the differences between them?

Grantstew

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tried BK3 and PB2.

Hated the wrapless BK3 but tried one with the sport grip and it's a monster, I don't know if that is really down to the model, or just shit quality control from Predator.

PB2 was okay, but did not like the shorter length. Preferred the PB1

The Mezz Dual Force was better than either of them IMO