Snooker in Denver

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
A friend of a friend is immigrating to Denver from Britain.
He’d really like to locate a standard 6x12 snooker table,,,,
...not the kind you play golf on.

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
The only table I know about is at Mile HighBilliards.

I have not played on it yet so I can’t vouch for how it plays.

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Good luck finding snooker players here.
All the snooker tables have golf games.
Tell him be a real American and learn pool games and Spanish.
And Mile High is the only 6x12 table I know of.

Alex Kanapilly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As others have said, Mile High Billiards has a 6x12 table. There are a few avid snooker players around town but not too many.

They also have a couple nice Gabriel billiard tables now.

There is a 10' snooker table in Felt and lots of competition available depending on the time.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Thanx, everybody....I’m sure he’ll get hooked to pool also....
...billiards is billiards....stick me in S Korea, I’m taking up four ball

kevoka

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The only table I know about is at Mile HighBilliards.

I have not played on it yet so I can’t vouch for how it plays.

I have played on it a little. It plays true. The issue maybe the cloth. I am not sure it is the same as the standard snooker table cloth. It seems to be slicker than other snooker tables I have played on.

The color is blue instead of the standard green (may offend a traditionalist)

GoPlayPool

Search. Find. Play.
Gold Member
Silver Member
Snooker tables

Hope you have fun playing American pool!
Our app has most locations listed.
Use the "Nearby" option and then filter for Snooker on the next page.
I tried it and: "Felt" and couple of other popped up based on your location of course! ;)
The App is free and you can find lots of useful details about pool rooms and bars!

Stay warm in Denver and welcome!
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
I have played on it a little. It plays true. The issue maybe the cloth. I am not sure it is the same as the standard snooker table cloth. It seems to be slicker than other snooker tables I have played on.

The color is blue instead of the standard green (may offend a traditionalist)

Good info, Thanks. I have visited Mile High on several occasions and have seen the big biotch sitting there. I grew up playing Snooker but that was on a 5x10, whenever I get closer than 10' from that table I start to shake:embarrassed2:

kevoka

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good info, Thanks. I have visited Mile High on several occasions and have seen the big biotch sitting there. I grew up playing Snooker but that was on a 5x10, whenever I get closer than 10' from that table I start to shake:embarrassed2:

If you want to know how good your aim and stroke are, it will tell you, and quickly.

Tokyo-dave

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't believe the table at MHB has a true snooker directional nap cloth on it like the ones I've seen in other countries. I'm pretty sure it's billiard table cloth.
Wasn't Denver home to one of the only pro snooker players in the states? And I seem to think that he owned or played out of a room somewhere in the Havanna and Yale area?

kevoka

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't believe the table at MHB has a true snooker directional nap cloth on it like the ones I've seen in other countries. I'm pretty sure it's billiard table cloth.
Wasn't Denver home to one of the only pro snooker players in the states? And I seem to think that he owned or played out of a room somewhere in the Havanna and Yale area?

It appears to be a worsted cloth. It is very fast.

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
pt109...If your friend is interested in purchasing one, I have a friend in MT who has a Brunswick 6x12 snooker table. Pretty sure he's willing to sell it.

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

Lawnboy77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

That place was called “The Pool Hall”. That was the first place I ever played snooker. I left Denver back in the early 90’s and don’t hear any chatter on AzB about it, so I’m thinking it’s probably closed now. I used to see Danny Medina playing there a lot, but I don’t remember him on the snooker table.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
they should have used bested cloth.

Ya got a problem with the name Worst, buddy?...:angry:

7C7B3075-FDB3-462E-99C1-10D8FF417F38.jpeg