Jay-Bozeman-3-Cushion-Billiard-Table-Billiards-Collection-Cue-Stick-Memorabilia

billiardshot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Please Note this not my ebay items

Jay-Bozeman-3-Cushion-Billiard-Table-Billiards-Collection-Cue-Stick-Memorabilia

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Jay-Bozema...ollection-Cue-Stick-Memorabilia-/173105676699

Pictures can be seen at Ebay site

Included in this lot is a Jay Bozeman's Harvey Martin original cue case which eventually broke from use and he switched to the black case, his cue stick with 3 shafts which was tailored made, 2 trophies, his glove he wore, autographed photos (more than 25 black and white photos of different sizes which I took out of the frames of professional billiard players autographed to Mr. Bozeman, group pics, on the golf course, etc.) and a binder of memorabilia consisting of newspaper articles, scores, etc...

My husband has seen Mr. Bozeman play billiards and was good friends with his son, Mike. We have no room to showcase all this memorabilia. It's in storage. Would like it to go to someone who will appreciate and enjoy it instead of it being locked away somewhere.

Jay Bozeman "nicknamed the "Vallejo Flash," learned how to play billiards at age nine. In his early teens he was referred to as the "Boy Wonder". He won the California Amateur Billiards Championship at age 13 and his first major tournament, National Amateur Billiards Championship in New York, at age 22 in 1928. He made headlines across the country as one of the world's best billiard players. He turned professional in 1933. "He played against greats such as Willie Mosconi, Minnesota Fats, Willie Hope, and Johnny Layton. He captured second place honors in 1933, 1939, 1952, and 1953 World's Billiards Championship in addition to finishing in third place in 1941, 1944, and 1947. He retired at age 55 and turned his interests and talents to becoming a master bridge player, training Labradors for field trials and playing championship golf."

I have lots of pics if you need to see them. I will try to take a pic of everything together. There is nothing new about this collection. Everything has been used which is evident from the wear and tear. I guess that's the beauty of it because it shows Mr. Bozeman used his glove, cases and stick. The photographs are not in mint condition as there is some discoloration and minor bends and tears on some edges as well as the memorabilia has some discoloration also. Any questions please don't hesitate to ask.

NOTE: I also have a 5x10 Brunswick 3 cushion billiard table approximately a 1917 which needs some minor work and refelted. It's free with the lot but you have to pay for shipping. Only thing that's free shipping is the Jay Bozeman lot. Thanks.

I will sell the Jay Bozeman lot by itself if you do not wish to have the table but I will not let the table go free by itself. Thanks again.