Attachments

• sDBI6cdUKL8pUzl-wjt8LA_r.jpg
    sDBI6cdUKL8pUzl-wjt8LA_r.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 768
Last edited:

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
I certainly hope Mr Reyes come back to do more Retirement tours. This one has been very entertaining for me, lots of live streams and steller play by the Magician.

Yes I know that a fair well event should signify the end of playing outside your backyard but I'm going to miss him.

Here is tonights fun.

https://www.facebook.com/jeff.sulli...MDAwMDU2MjkyNDcwMTpWSzoyMTIzNTg4MTA3NjY5OTMz/

Yeah, he's a pleasure to watch. The best all-around pool player of all-time....but doesn't feel like he has to act as so. A very humble man, whether winning or losing. IMHO, more players should try to emulate his attitude.

Maniac

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I certainly hope Mr Reyes come back to do more Retirement tours. This one has been very entertaining for me, lots of live streams and steller play by the Magician.

Yes I know that a fair well event should signify the end of playing outside your backyard but I'm going to miss him.

Here is tonights fun.

https://www.facebook.com/jeff.sulli...MDAwMDU2MjkyNDcwMTpWSzoyMTIzNTg4MTA3NjY5OTMz/
You might want to plan a trip to the Phillipines. From what i've gathered Efren is tired of all the long-distance travel more than anything. He's got a nice house and people line-up to play him back home. I think its awesome that he's doing this whirlwind sayonara tour. See him while you can.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Few of us can aspire to play pool the way Efren Reyes does, but we should all aspire to love the game as much as he does. Playing with joy and playing with commitment are two of the fundamental ingredients in reaching one's potential over the glorious green felt.

A friend of mine told me that when he went to a poolroom in Pennsylvania with Efren, that Efren demonstrated how excited he was to arrive there by screwing his cue together during the walk from their parking space to the poolroom entrance.

No man has ever had more passion for the game than Efren, and you can feel that passion for pool whenever you watch him play. Play with joy, play with commitment and play with passion --- you know, the way Efren does and always has --- and you'll get the most you can out of the game.

You'll never have the opportunity to see Rembrandt paint, watch Charles Dickens write or see Beethoven compose, but you do have the opportunity to watch the creative genius of Efren Reyes , who, like the others, has carved many a masterpiece in his remarkable life. Don't miss the opportunity.

Last edited:

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Few of us can aspire to play pool the way Efren Reyes does, but we should all aspire to love the game as much as he does. Playing with joy and playing with commitment are two of the fundamental ingredients in reaching one's potential over the glorious green felt.
A friend of mine told me that when he went to a poolroom in Pennsylvania with Efren, that Efren demonstrated how excited he was to arrive there by screwing his cue together during the walk from their parking space to the poolroom entrance.
No man has ever had more passion for the game than Efren, and you can feel that passion for pool whenever you watch him play. Play with joy, play with commitment and play with passion --- you know, the way Efren does and always has --- and you'll get the most you can out of the game.
You'll never have the opportunity to see Rembrandt paint, watch Charles Dickens write or see Beethoven compose, but you do have the opportunity to watch the creative genius of Efren Reyes , who, like the others, has carved many a masterpiece in his remarkable life. Don't miss the opportunity.
Very good observations, sir, and an excellent posting.
:thumbup:

Runner

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Greenie to you, sir.. I've seen Efren many times through the years... his love of the game was always evident. And usually there would be that ONE shot where you knew why he's called The Magician.. just an imaginative mind for the game. GOAT!

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well said, Stu.

I cannot believe sports illustrated or maxim, or gq :)eek:) aren't all over this.

And I'm sorry: are those magazines still in print? Do they even make magazines anymore?!?!

couldnthinkof01

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Did anyone else watch the recent one pocket match
between lil’ Mike and Efren? Mike plays a really nice
game, imo. But the difference between Efren and
most everyone else is so far apart it’s crazy. Mike
really hung in there in every game but Efren would
come with a great bank from no where and get out.

There was also an 8 ball game with JJ where a safety battle was taking
place. I was excited to watch every shot because
both are strategic experts. Efren is so patient, so smart, he got Jeremy
to make the first mistake.

The man is still magic, incredible!

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well said, Stu.

I cannot believe sports illustrated or maxim, or gq :)eek:) aren't all over this.

And I'm sorry: are those magazines still in print? Do they even make magazines anymore?!?!

Hell, it'd make a great documentary.

But the way these things work is that they have to be front-loaded, with Efren's agents seeking out and offering a schedule and access. Coulda woulda been great -- and it's certainly a missed opportunity.

Lou Figueroa

shasta777

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Odd that I haven't heard anyone mention this???

Efren Reyes is & always will be my favorite Pool Player of all time... as an all around player he has to be one of the BEST to ever pick up a cue...

I am wishing that maybe after he is done with his retirement tour that he makes teaching videos for all his fans to buy... he would make a ton of money... I would be first in line.... maybe someone who can help him to do this will step up!!!

Just think of all the good that would happen... especially if he puts out videos on his - Kicking System... or Safety Play... I am sure you get what I am getting at... once these GREAT players are gone... then people come out of the woodwork saying... If only someone would have done that while he/she was with us... but then it is too late... we ALL need to appreciate all the GREAT Players while we can & while they are still with us... Hopefully most of you agree...

I was friends with another great player whom we lost way too soon... that player was the GREAT - "Jimmy Matz"... those who knew him or played him knew he too was one special player... One of the best money players ever at least while he was with us... most all the Older TOP PRO Players knew him or knew of him... so many stories just incredible...

Anyway... This is just my 2 cents!!!

azlarry

Registered
Efren Reyes is & always will be my favorite Pool Player of all time... as an all around player he has to be one of the BEST to ever pick up a cue...

I am wishing that maybe after he is done with his retirement tour that he makes teaching videos for all his fans to buy... he would make a ton of money... I would be first in line.... maybe someone who can help him to do this will step up!!!

Just think of all the good that would happen... especially if he puts out videos on his - Kicking System... or Safety Play... I am sure you get what I am getting at... once these GREAT players are gone... then people come out of the woodwork saying... If only someone would have done that while he/she was with us... but then it is too late... we ALL need to appreciate all the GREAT Players while we can & while they are still with us... Hopefully most of you agree...

I was friends with another great player whom we lost way too soon... that player was the GREAT - "Jimmy Matz"... those who knew him or played him knew he too was one special player... One of the best money players ever at least while he was with us... most all the Older TOP PRO Players knew him or knew of him... so many stories just incredible...

Anyway... This is just my 2 cents!!!

No doubt! I bet the 3 cushion guys would drool over a carom dvd.

Not me but I don't mind giving this guy from Kamui that tries to recreate some of Efren & other's shots free advertising.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6SvcFFxTsY

I never heard of Jimmy Matz but would love to see a thread about some of his stories. RIP

Last edited:

AnitoKid

And I kid you not!
Silver Member
Now, this is beautiful.

AnitoKid