Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page $10,000 One Pocket Challenge: Lou Figueroa vs John Barton
Page 7 of 15 « First 567 89 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#91)
Steve Stough
AzB Silver Member
Steve Stough will become famous soon enoughSteve Stough will become famous soon enough

vCash: 500

05-05-2020, 07:01 PM

Thanks for the link

It's hill-hill and I'm breakin!

Old
  (#92)
JB Cases
www.jbcases.com

JB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 5700
  Send a message via AIM to JB Cases Send a message via MSN to JB Cases Send a message via Yahoo to JB Cases Send a message via Skype™ to JB Cases 
05-05-2020, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TATE View Post
John,

If you don't mind, who was the backer and why did he come after you? Refresh my memory.

Chris
Michael Lalumiere. Because i wouldn't back down from his attacks i guess, from my perspective anyway.

Design Your Own Case. <---click here
The world's first and only online cue case designer brought to you by JB Cases. Try it.

jb@jbcases.com Skype: jbideas

Center To Edge Aiming Works. See it for yourself here.

Stan Shuffet's You Tube Channel. - CTE Demonstrations

"No such thing as a 1/2 ball hit....." - Duckie

Old
  (#93)
pt109
WO double hemlock
pt109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond reputept109 has a reputation beyond repute

05-05-2020, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfigueroa View Post
Sucker, fish, chump, loser.

Lou Figueroa
And thatís why I call you a bad winner.

Lionize your game.
http://www.alexpagulayan.com/

MAGIC CHALK call Marco Polo 647-287-8131

If pool players had to have knowledge of geometry and physics before talking about geometry and physics, all of the aiming threads would disappear.

Bob Jewett
SF Billiard Academy

Old
  (#94)
JB Cases
www.jbcases.com

JB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond reputeJB Cases has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via AIM to JB Cases Send a message via MSN to JB Cases Send a message via Yahoo to JB Cases Send a message via Skype™ to JB Cases 
05-05-2020, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfigueroa View Post
No.

I said it was a sophisticated shot but the wrong shot in that situation.

It only made me wonder what was going on and drew my attention to the coaching situation, because even if it was the wrong shot in that situation, it was way above your pay grade. Once I tuned in, I saw Dennis Spears whispering in your ear.

Lou Figueroa
Thanks not what you said. You said almost exactly what i said you did.

Dennis was not whispering in my ear and he absolutely did not tell me to shoot that shot. In fact Dennis would have berated me if i had shot that shot against him.

Dennis is a player way above your pay grade. It is simply beyond silly that you would see me play a shot that was later universally derided and decide that it was the wrong shot but nonetheless a great shot and conclude that a player of Dennis' caliber had anything to do with me playing it. That you can't see the lack of logic is astounding.

The sad part is that i genuinely felt good that you thought it was a good shot. Even though you were wrong that i was coached into it i really thought i did something good. Later when Billy Incardona picked it as such a horrible shot did i finally understand how bad it was.

And now i understand how little you actually know about one pocket.

The world's first and only online cue case designer brought to you by JB Cases. Try it.

Old
  (#95)
iusedtoberich
AzB Silver Member

iusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1470

05-05-2020, 07:39 PM

Question for both John and Lou:

What would you say is your best game? What would you say is your worst? (For pool, not counting snooker or carom).

Old
  (#96)
JB Cases
www.jbcases.com

05-05-2020, 07:43 PM

And for the record the shot was a reverse of the standard one pocket shot of trolling softly to freeze to the head ball and take a foul. I thought that if i rolled up to the balls on the string from the foot rail then i would make it tough to get the cueball safe. I was wrong and you escaped easily and i lost despite being on 7 first. That you think a guy like Dennis was coaching me and you had any chance to win from that position is ridiculous. Go back and view that game and if anyone else thinks i was playing one pocket getting coached by a pro speed player they should want that player coaching me always and be willing to pay him to be my coach.

No really, i have watched that game a lot and you're completely clueless if you think that i played good or even orthodox one pocket in that game. Truth is you're just not as smart as you think you are.

Old
  (#97)
JB Cases
www.jbcases.com

05-05-2020, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iusedtoberich View Post

What would you say is your best game? What would you say is your worst? (For pool, not counting snooker or carom).
9 ball probably my best. 14.1 my worst.

Old
  (#98)
HawaiianEye
AzB Silver Member
HawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond reputeHawaiianEye has a reputation beyond repute

05-05-2020, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iusedtoberich View Post

I would say "Barking on the internet" is probably their best game.

Don't confuse that with "Banking with the Beard".

The Hustler

Such a man spends all his life playing every day for small stakes. Give him every morning the money that he may gain during the day, on condition that he does not play-you will make him unhappy. It will perhaps be said what he seeks is the amusement of play, not gain. Let him play then for nothing, he will lose interest and be wearied. ***Blaise Pascal***

Old
  (#99)
RiverCity
AzB Silver Member
RiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond reputeRiverCity has a reputation beyond repute

05-05-2020, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawaiianEye View Post

Or Bowling for Dollars.

Old
  (#100)
TATE
AzB Gold Mensch
TATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 4100

05-05-2020, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB Cases View Post
Michael Lalumiere. Because i wouldn't back down from his attacks i guess, from my perspective anyway.
Would it bother you if I tell the story about your phone call from China? I think that did it.

Visit my historic cues site:
www.palmercollector.com

Old
  (#101)
TATE
AzB Gold Mensch
TATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond reputeTATE has a reputation beyond repute

05-05-2020, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawaiianEye View Post

Good one - they are Fargorate 840 at that.

www.palmercollector.com

Here's the backer story...
Old
  (#102)
TATE
AzB Gold Mensch

Here's the backer story... - 05-05-2020, 10:46 PM

John and Lou can correct me if I'm wrong. But I think it's an interesting addition to the story.

John and a guy going by Mlalum both ended up getting banned in 2011 for some pretty serious bickering. Mlalum thought he
was in the right and thought he was the good guy, and he thought John was the bad guy. At the time John had vicious
fights going on with Mlalum, Lou and Jack Justis if I recall. That was just to name a few.

For some reason, both Mlalum and Jack Justis contacted me about their beefs with John. With Jack, who I absolutely respect,
I tried to help mitigate it because it was really bothering him at the time. Jack and John ended up in an uneasy truce eventually,
kind of on and off. (I think and hope it's since been resolved). With Mlalum I could tell he had no interest in resolving but it was
more of a complaint thing. I decided not to get involved but heard his complaints, the details of one I won't disclose without John's
permission - but it's pretty funny involving a phone call from China and it really upset him.

Anyway, after the match we found out Mlalum backed Lou, never did get the exact deal but it sounded like a good chunk of the bet. I don't
know how that came down but I speculate he wanted his revenge. I don't think Mlalum was a bad guy at all, just a guy that wasn't about to
drop the fight and John got to him and became his mortal enemy.

By the way, I can tell John has mellowed out a lot. He was easily angered back then. Him and I were in touch because I was trying to help him retain his cool better when baited.

Here's the post that lead to Mlalum's banning. The moral of the story is, don't ever challenge AZ House Pro (Mike) to ban you, you will get your ass banned:
Attached Images

www.palmercollector.com

Last edited by TATE; 05-05-2020 at 11:11 PM.

Old
  (#103)
Hungarian
AzB Silver Member
Hungarian has a reputation beyond reputeHungarian has a reputation beyond reputeHungarian has a reputation beyond reputeHungarian has a reputation beyond reputeHungarian has a reputation beyond reputeHungarian has a reputation beyond reputeHungarian has a reputation beyond reputeHungarian has a reputation beyond reputeHungarian has a reputation beyond reputeHungarian has a reputation beyond reputeHungarian has a reputation beyond repute

05-05-2020, 11:24 PM

I forgot about Mlalum. Was he banned for life over that post?
Seams harsh and one sided to me. Change my mind??

Quote:
Originally Posted by TATE View Post
John and Lou can correct me if I'm wrong. But I think it's an interesting addition to the story.

John and a guy going by Mlalum both ended up getting banned in 2011 for some pretty serious bickering. Mlalum thought he
was in the right and thought he was the good guy, and he thought John was the bad guy. At the time John had vicious
fights going on with Mlalum, Lou and Jack Justis if I recall. That was just to name a few.

For some reason, both Mlalum and Jack Justis contacted me about their beefs with John. With Jack, who I absolutely respect,
I tried to help mitigate it because it was really bothering him at the time. Jack and John ended up in an uneasy truce eventually,
kind of on and off. (I think and hope it's since been resolved). With Mlalum I could tell he had no interest in resolving but it was
more of a complaint thing. I decided not to get involved but heard his complaints, the details of one I won't disclose without John's
permission - but it's pretty funny involving a phone call from China and it really upset him.

Anyway, after the match we found out Mlalum backed Lou, never did get the exact deal but it sounded like a good chunk of the bet. I don't
know how that came down but I speculate he wanted his revenge. I don't think Mlalum was a bad guy at all, just a guy that wasn't about to
drop the fight and John got to him and became his mortal enemy.

By the way, I can tell John has mellowed out a lot. He was easily angered back then. Him and I were in touch because I was trying to help him retain his cool better when baited.

Here's the post that lead to Mlalum's banning. The moral of the story is, don't ever challenge AZ House Pro (Mike) to ban you, you will get your ass banned:

"I never exaggerate or embellish"

Old
  (#104)
TATE
AzB Gold Mensch

05-05-2020, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hungarian View Post
I forgot about Mlalum. Was he banned for life over that post?
Seams harsh and one sided to me. Change my mind??
Yep, it was his last post and he's still banned.

Like Clint says: "Fair's got nothing to do with it."

He didn't want back anyway. Obviously he had a serious grudge. Later on he did some pretty good educational videos about pool. He's in Arizona. I thought he was a nice guy.

www.palmercollector.com

Last edited by TATE; 05-05-2020 at 11:59 PM.

Old
  (#105)
iusedtoberich
AzB Silver Member

iusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond reputeiusedtoberich has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1470

05-06-2020, 07:03 AM

Yeah I never understood so many bannings. JB must have the record next to Fast Larry. Probably banned 100 times. Other members that were excellent contributors like Superstar, got banned for life. Doesn't make any sense. I think I'd rather have the site a free for all. Its kind of sad when someone bumps an old thread, and 1/4 of the posts show banned next to the member names.

Page 7 of 15 « First 567 89 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: