Review of Diamond Tables and Ordering

Only ERO's

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wanted to put together a thread to showcase my table swap, as well as some information when working with Diamond Billiards. I had heard plenty of horror stories before all of this, but still went ahead with it. What a pain they are to deal with. Unreal how a company with such a great, sought after product, can be ran is such a poor, and horrible manner.

I had bought a used 9' Diamond Professional, Red Label from a guy moving from town in 2006 and had in my basement since 2017. I have always been a die hard player, and pool was one of my largest hobbies. Lately, the game hasn't quite as been much of an interest to me (still love it, just not pool motivated like I used to be).

On 2/6/17, I receive a text from Jamie with the Pool Table Guys MN asking if I want to sell my Diamond. He had a party interested in Northern MN and was trying to find a used table locally. I had always wanted to change over to a Pro Am from a Professional, so I gave it some thought. We agree on a price and agree to sell. The new owner is okay with me holding on to it for a bit to try to find a used table.

My Table:

34886964385_10aa377162_b.jpg

34886973635_28bb0f06fd_b.jpg

34886974755_0be120de89_b.jpg

34886974795_0786c9418f_b.jpg

34043980794_cc12d060b0_b.jpg

34886975325_0aacdf5c56_b.jpg

More of the timeline:
- 2/10/17: I am in the Twin Cities playing in a tournament and discuss ordering a Diamond with a Jerry, owner of CR Billiards & Sports Bar. He is having a large event at the end of April and has 10 barboxes on order and scheduled to be delivered in early March. This will allow the tables to be fresh, but also played on a bit for the tournament. He was going to contact Diamond about adding a 9’ Pro Am to the order for me.
- 2/13/17: Receive confirmation from Jerry that my table could be added to the order. All of the tables are scheduled to arrive on March 8th. Based on all of the horror stories I have heard in the past, I wasn’t holding my breath.
- 2/16/17: I contact Jamie with the Pool Table Guys MN and we schedule him to pick up my table, and deliver to my house on 3/10/17. This would also be the day to disassemble mine and move it to the new owner.
- 3/8/17: I receive a call from Jerry and the first thing he says is “You are never going to believe this. Supposively all the tables were done and on the way up to the Twin Cities and the Truck blew an engine on the way up. They had to move the tables to a different truck. All of the barboxes fit, but there was not enough room in the truck to fit the 9’er. So it will be a couple of weeks before they can get it up here.” Now, at this point, I should have called back and asked where the truck was broke down and that I am on my way with a trailer to pick it up. I am fairly certain that this was just an excuse as my table was not complete. Diamond was also not going to be able to get it delivered for a little while due to other orders and the upcoming Super Billiards Expo.
- 3/20/17: The new owner wanted his new table and so Jamie came and disassemble my table and took it to the new owner. Jamie recovered the table with Simonis Royal Blue and I thought it really turned out great. That combo of Rosewood and Royal Blue.

34886964905_3b3636bbee_b.jpg

34886968155_bf2aaf35cf_b.jpg

- 4/11/17: I ask Jerry to check with Diamond to see if they have any news or somewhat of a timeframe. He calls Diamond but no news. And this point, I figure, what the hell, I am no hurry as pool season is basically over. And I have completely lost interest.

Only ERO's

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
- 5/16/17: I receive a call from Jerry and he says that my table is being delivered to the Twin Cities on 5/19/17. I call Jamie with the Pool Table Guys MN and schedule delivery and setup on 5/24/17.
- 5/24/17: Jamie with the Pool Table Guys MN calls me in the morning. He mentions, I looked over everything when I picked the table up, and good thing, because they only shipped 3 legs with the table. There was a vendor, where Jamie was getting the table picked up, that had a spare leg to allow us to maintain our schedule. Jamie comes down and we get the table moved in and setup.

IMG_7195 by joshshones, on Flickr

34886972445_616d5ea0b5_b.jpg

34886972775_d5857623fc_b.jpg

34886973155_92ba210064_b.jpg

- After installation, I put a post on Facebook proudly displaying my new purchase and thanking Jerry and Jamie for their work with this. I receive a call from Jerry within 20 minutes thanking me as well as discussing “the tripod” I received. Can't say enough for the service both of them provide.

Now I need to take a little time and get the new LED panel mounted above the table and see how the new Aramith Tournament balls roll. Crazy, as much of a die hard as I am, and I did not even shoot one ball on the table yet!

Only ERO's

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I thought I would post up another story of dealing with Diamond. Last year, a buddy and teammate (Mickey) ordered a table through Diamond. He was looking for a new table, and also wanted one to showcase in his new home that he was building. Mickey's house was a high end house (Right around $1M price tag) and was going to be featured in the Rochester Area Builder's Showcase of Homes in early September.

7’ Diamond Pro Am, Pro Cut Pockets, Blue Label, with Gray Simonis Cloth. Included shipping and delivery through Diamond.

Timeline of Events:
- 6/27/16: Mickey ordered his table directly through Diamond. He ordered a 7’ Diamond Pro Am, Pro Cut Pockets, Blue Label, with Gray Simonis Cloth. Included shipping and delivery through Diamond. Was informed the table would be delivered by September 1st. This would allow him to have it installed in his house in time for the Showcase of Homes.
- 8/8/16: Received a notice from Diamond that they cannot setup the table anymore. Will need to use a local Pool Table Service. Diamond’s claim was due to scheduling.
- 8/9/16: Scheduled to have a local Pool Table Service install the table on 8/26/16.
- 8/17/16: Received information from Diamond that the table will not be delivered in the following week. They claim it will be shipping on Wednesday August 24th. Should arrive either on Saturday or Monday.
- 8/25/16: I receive a message from Mickey stating “Diamond Sucks”. I ask when is the new shipping date. His response: “Who the f*ck knows. This morning Diamond told me shipping out tomorrow and have it by Tuesday. Then, they just called back and said they are not sure when.” Mickey’s response: “It ain’t rocket science to put a table together”.
- 8/29/16: I receive another message from Mickey stating “Diamond Sucks”. So I ask about the update. He said they are shipping this week. He says, “I lit him and his manger up really bad. I think f*ck came out about 10x. And motherf*cker about 3x. And piece of sh*t. “
- 9/6/16: Diamond still hasn’t shipped the table and won’t this week. Mickey’s comments: “They might not ship it after what I said. I said things I shouldn’t have, that guy probably feels bad about himself now. I was a f*cking dick. Just screaming. Worse than even my standard. He told me he gets lied to so therefore he has to lie to me. I couldn’t even believe he admitted it. The deadline was missed for the Showcase of Homes and a large family room sat empty for this.
- Later 9/6/16: Shipping next Tuesday, September 13th. Had to talk to the GM. Should arrive Thursday the 15th.
- 9/12/16: Shipping hopefully today.
- 9/16/16: Table arrives and setup by a local Pool Table Service.

34887558455_78b2e6e093_b.jpg

34886968585_a43774d088_b.jpg

Table has already been moved to a new location due to the selling of the house:

34886973545_7c115281e6_b.jpg

Needless to say, It is a pain to deal with Diamond as a company but they make a beautiful product. It's too bad they can't get their crap together a run a model business. I guess that is asking to much in today's day of age.

Last edited:

Only ERO's

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not surprised to hear this given the state of their web site.

Agreed. In today's day of age, it isn't difficult to keep that current. Should easily be able to see a bunch of different options, pricing, etc on there. Same thing for spare parts. They could easily hire 1-2 good Project Managers or Plant Managers and really clean a bunch of this up.

smashmouth

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
they're light years behind the times, interwebsmuch ? just ancient people over there with ancient mind sets

still better than most alternatives, i.e an overpriced gold crown from shady dealer stuck in 1979

best option if you have the mechanic is local used

easy-e

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I tried to order my table directly through Diamond and they gave me a quote. I ended up ordering the same table from manningcues for way less. I don't understand them at all.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I tried to order my table directly through Diamond and they gave me a quote. I ended up ordering the same table from manningcues for way less. I don't understand them at all.

Manufacturers do not and should not undercut their distributors.

Only ERO's

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Got the LED Light Panel installed tonight. Wow, what a difference from the strip light. Just minor adjustments to make.

34764837941_1db844fedb_b.jpg

34509725410_f5071a6911_b.jpg

It is a 2x4 from Super Bright LED's. 7600 Lumens and Natural White (3900K) color. I also ordered the mounting hardware with it. Came to about $160 shipped. Love it.

My Dad stopped by to give me a hand to hang the light. He had to try out the table. He broke dry and I ran out. That was enough for him. So only one game played on it, and one table run.

Marky Mark

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm not saying I wouldn't purchase directly from them again, but I am just saying that there is nothing simple about it. Their scheduling sucks.

Yeah that's a pity because they make a really good product but their management system sucks...

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think its the delivery that is the set back most of the time. They probably try to have several orders in a nearby area together and deliver it all at once to save on shipping cost.
They did 2 other tables within 45mins drive of me. They had stop by Houston(4hrs away) before to do some tables too.

I had placed an order for a 9ft pro-am in late December and it was delivered in March, a little less than 3 months without any hassles or delays.

It took maybe an hr for the table to be completely setup up from the time they parked their truck.

My only regret is not getting the table 2 years ago when I had started playing again.

pfduser

GRABBER GT
Silver Member
I ordered my 9 ft Pro Am last January and it was delivered in March. There were a couple of delivery delays but all in all I was pleased. I wouldn't hesitate to order from Diamond again.

Jds.3211

Jds.3211
2020 experience

I order a 9 ft diamond pro am on Nov 11 2019 from manningcues. Original prediction was completion of table on Feb 3, 2020 with delivery about 2 weeks after. I got rid of my old table by Feb 3 to make sure I was ready for delivery. It's now March 7, 2020 and still No table. I've been told, I'll get a call on March 12 to set up a delivery some time near end of March. Told Delay possibly due to Diamond tournament support. IDK but haven't had my table since Feb 3, and so far it's been 4 months waiting since I ordered with a current prediction of delivery at close to 5 months. Anyone else currently having these issues?

Last edited:

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
I order a 9 ft diamond pro am on Nov 11 2019 from manningcues.
Original prediction was completion of table on Feb 3, 2020 with delivery about 2 weeks after.
I got rid of my old table by Feb 3 to make sure I was ready for delivery. It's now March 7, 2020
and still No table. I've been told, I'll get a call on March 12 to set up a delivery some time near
end of March. Told Delay possibly due to Diamond tournament support. IDK but haven't had my
table since Feb 3, and so far it's been 4 months waiting since I ordered with a current prediction
of delivery at close to 5 months. Anyone else currently having these issues?

I am sorry to hear this. They are so busy, this has become commonplace. As my card below
states, I am a dealer & tech and unfortunately waiting times are up to 16 weeks. Part of the
issue outside of production is delivery/ install teams and not having enough of them. Having
the RIGHT people installing your table is very important, Diamonds are unique in that they
need to be installed by properly trained people.

I have gone to pick up a client's table when it was supposed to be delivered and I was meeting
the truck to handle the install. Diamond was backed up delivery wise and the table was ready,
so I did what I needed to do for my client: SAVED CHRISTMAS!!!

I tell all of my clients and it also clearly says on their invoices that delivery and install times
are not set in stone.

My best advice is: be patient and you will be happy when it is installed.

TFT

Attachments

• e725847354edcf17e19cb1689c1459c45941eab9-1.jpg
    e725847354edcf17e19cb1689c1459c45941eab9-1.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 337

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am sorry to hear this. They are so busy, this has become commonplace. As my card below
states, I am a dealer & tech and unfortunately waiting times are up to 16 weeks. Part of the
issue outside of production is delivery/ install teams and not having enough of them. Having
the RIGHT people installing your table is very important, Diamonds are unique in that they
need to be installed by properly trained people.

I have gone to pick up a client's table when it was supposed to be delivered and I was meeting
the truck to handle the install. Diamond was backed up delivery wise and the table was ready,
so I did what I needed to do for my client: SAVED CHRISTMAS!!!

I tell all of my clients and it also clearly says on their invoices that delivery and install times
are not set in stone.

My best advice is: be patient and you will be happy when it is installed.

TFT
Sounds to me they should not promise what they cannot deliver. A friend of mine also ordered a Diamond table back in the summer, on my recommendation, and wasn’t able to get it installed until after Thanksgiving. I don’t think people mind a 4 or 5 month wait to get their custom-made dream Diamond table, but it’s not unreasonable to expect to receive an accurate expected delivery date. It’s far better business to cushion in a few weeks extra with your expected estimated delivery date rather than to quote an optimistic delivery day that will most likely have to be revised.