at least it's not another 42 ball run- new video

strtshtr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
seems like it had been raining 42's lately, having posted three on vimeo in the last three or four weeks. played today for the first time in two weeks and did one better, literally.

if you care to watch, my 43 ball run is at vimeo for viewing-

http://vimeo.com/29864736

thanks, jim

RogerChambers

Straight Pool
Silver Member
Hey Jim,

Enjoyed watching your video ! :smile:

I am not one for giving the best critique but I'll throw my two cents at ya. There were a few choices of shots that would not have been mine but I guess that what makes the game interesting. A couple of times, it seemed you rushed your forward stroke but it was hard for me to tell from the vid.

I was having trouble with the ball dying on longer shots and an old timer at the pool hall showed me my mistake. I was stopping the backswing of the cue and rushing the forward stroke instead of a penduluum motion. From my vantage point of the video, I can't really see if the same happened to you but hey, its something to think about.

You have a fine stroke and seem to know what you are doing. Its a shame people of your caliber don't live near me. I would definitely like to play you and learn a thing or two in the process. Very few people play 14.1 here in the OHio Valley. I do, however, have John Schmidt a few miles from me and have shot him twice. Well, let me rephrase that -- I racked the balls alot while John shot. Hell of a nice man, willing to share his knowledge with others, and a good example of a professional.

Keep stoking and posting more videos. Again, I enjoyed watching them and maybe, just maybe, I'll see you sometime at the World 14.1. :thumbup:

strtshtr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
thanks, roger

i've played with many fine players, some of whom have offered criticism of my stroke. it's hardly a thing of beauty, but i can honestly say that no one ever suggested i was rushing the final stroke. i did try pausing at the top, a la allison fisher, many years ago- couldn't make a hanger.

in any case, i'm glad you enjoyed the video

played again today and had many 20's and 30's. hitting the ball well these days. caught another 43 on video

http://www.vimeo.com/29897466

thanks, jim

RogerChambers

Straight Pool
Silver Member
Jim,

You are hitting the balls well! After watching the vids again, I was wrong on saying you are rushing your forward stroke. :p

Enjoyed watching the videos. Pretty soon, your posts will read, "Another 100 ball run."

Keep up the good shooting. :thumbup: