Moving GC 3

accustatsfan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I might be doing a personal long distance move. I'm looking at renting a UHaul truck trying to figure out how big of a truck i will need. I have other stuff that weighs a lot so just ordering a 10 foot truck doesn't help

How much does a GC 3 weigh?

ROB.M

:)
Silver Member
Table

I might be doing a personal long distance move. I'm looking at renting a UHaul truck trying to figure out how big of a truck i will need. I have other stuff that weighs a lot so just ordering a 10 foot truck doesn't help

How much does a GC 3 weigh?

-

Weight is approximately 1100-1200 LBS and should be totally disassembled although you could leave the base frame assembly together... Mostly depending on where the table is going and coming from and if you can get the base frame in/out without disassembly.

Rob.M

accustatsfan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
-

Weight is approximately 1100-1200 LBS and should be totally disassembled although you could leave the base frame assembly together... Mostly depending on where the table is going and coming from and if you can get the base frame in/out without disassembly.

Rob.M

Thank you for the reply that helps me a lot.

The table is completely disassembled looking at a possible move of around 1900 miles.

Should the slate be packed on side or lying down flat in truck? I planned to pad the wood frame

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
Just to give you an idea of needed space, I was able to fit my GC into a mini van if that helps. I layed my slate flat but a mini van rides much smoother than a U-Haul truck and I only had to move mine about 30 miles. I kind of think of slate as glass, brittle and fragile in the flat direction so I would think for long distance you would be best to freight it standing up. 1 1/2" -2" thick 4' x 8' sheets of styrofoam insulation (pink stuff is higher density than white stuff) is pretty reasonable at home centers and can be easily cut to desired sizes for protecting slate in transport.

ChesapeakeBlrds

Chesapeake Billiards
Silver Member
When slate is shipped from any manufacturer of tables they ship the slate flat sitting on a pallet.

Cuephoric

1hole anyone?
Silver Member
When slate is shipped from any manufacturer of tables they ship the slate flat sitting on a pallet.

When its shipped to them its on its edge. Table manufacturers ship flat to take up less room, and stack pallets on top of each other to maximize dollars per square foot of space in shipping, and for ease of moving in larger numbers. Broken pallets tend to reflect upon the condition and playability of the slate upon arrival. Crating is always the best way to go for a long range move- vertical. same as storing for long periods of time.