Trivia question about the movie::::""The Color of Money::::""

jgroom972

"shootin' from the hip"
In the movie after Fast Eddie convinces Vincent to load up and go on the road, they are riding in the caddie down the road. The camera makes an obvious attempt to get the license plate in frame.....
License plate reads. TK 6...
Does this mean anything?

I do not know the answer and I have always wonder if there is any meaning to it.
Thanks in advance for your replies

mosconiac

Job+Wife+Child=No Stroke
Silver Member
I've wondered a long time myself. As said above, this has been discussed on here several times without any real conclusion. No one seems to know.

Long Shot-->Maybe "take 6" as in "take a 6-pack"? Probably not...as its not what you would expect of a whiskey drinker come whiskey peddler.

EDIT: I remember one plausible, but not completely satisfying, theory is that it was the 6th caddy Eddie had bought selling fake Wild Turkey. TurKey 6.

Others believe it is a reference to Tom Karabatsos from Chicago.

Last edited:

macguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In the movie after Fast Eddie convinces Vincent to load up and go on the road, they are riding in the caddie down the road. The camera makes an obvious attempt to get the license plate in frame.....
License plate reads. TK 6...
Does this mean anything?

I do not know the answer and I have always wonder if there is any meaning to it.
Thanks in advance for your replies

It may not mean anything that has to do with the movie. They get those cars from people who loan them for production. They like inside jokes that no one but the people who worked on the movie would know what it means. In one scene a dog walks across in front of Paul Newman, it is Martin Scorsese dog.

Sometimes in movies they name characters after after real people they know sort of as a joke. It is likely the car belonged to someone and that is the actual license plate number or they invented the number as an inside joke that only they know and that is why they focused on it. Maybe it is the initials and age of someone's kid who worked on the movie who knows.

Reminds me of the big controversy of "Who shot nice guy Eddie" (Google it)

Last edited:

daveb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I always interpreted to mean "take six" (minutes). An old phrase that meant take a break, relax!

punter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've also seen several threads with no definite answer. One said that the car was loaned to the movie makers and the TK 6 meant something to the real owner (as mentioned above).

junkbond

The dog ate my stroke.
Silver Member
Looked up the cast and crew on IMDB. The music director of the film is Todd Kasow. Maybe it's his car. Or maybe - and I think this is a real possibility - it's Tom Cruise's car and he can't spell his last name correctly; thinks it's Kruise. :thumbup: