Stolen cue

Status
Not open for further replies.

mfarrey71

CueNut71
Silver Member
There is a league player in Central NY nicknamed Duffy who has my Vietnam Veterans friend's custom ivory point Phillippi cue. This gut has it listed locally on craigslist
https://syracuse.craigslist.org/spo/d/must-sell-gorgeous-phillippi/6735446485.html
He has been notifdied that this cue was stolen and he is now knowingly trying to resell it.

The law is very clear. here. The cue is to be returned to the rightfiul owner and person who bought the stolen cue has to seek remedy from the thief. The thief may be criminally charged for theft or sued in civil court for the buyer's losses.

When my Veteran friend just called this PO he told him he can but the cue for $4200, I am encouraging my friend to call the police. If he doesn't, I will.

This seller plays out of Brick House Billiards in Syracuse and in the Upstate NY APA. I'm not letting this one go until it is returned. I'm calling his employer tomorrow as well.

Attachments

• cue1.jpg
    cue1.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 1,401
  • cue2.jpg
    cue2.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 1,403
  • cue3.jpg
    cue3.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 1,417

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There is a league player in Central NY nicknamed Duffy who has my Vietnam Veterans friend's custom ivory point Phillippi cue. This gut has it listed locally on craigslist
https://syracuse.craigslist.org/spo/d/must-sell-gorgeous-phillippi/6735446485.html
He has been notifdied that this cue was stolen and he is now knowingly trying to resell it.

The law is very clear. here. The cue is to be returned to the rightfiul owner and person who bought the stolen cue has to seek remedy from the thief. The thief may be criminally charged for theft or sued in civil court for the buyer's losses.

When my Veteran friend just called this PO he told him he can but the cue for $4200, I am encouraging my friend to call the police. If he doesn't, I will.

This seller plays out of Brick House Billiards in Syracuse and in the Upstate NY APA. I'm not letting this one go until it is returned. I'm calling his employer tomorrow as well.

Law is very clear as you said....

Can your prove it is his cue? If so, nothing to it, but to do it. If not, well, your buddy is most likely screwed.

I hope he has some form of proof.

I hate thieves and hate people that KNOWINGLY accept stolen property. Both types are one in the same.

Good luck to you and your friend.

Keep us posted either way,

Rake

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Why dont you show up where he plays and when you see he has the cue with him call the cops. At least that way they will have it till it gets resolved.
Jason

mfarrey71

CueNut71
Silver Member
The guy is a regular at BRICK HOUSE BILLIARDS in Syracuse. Nobody there sees a problem with it. My friend lent as cue to a person who sold it to Duffy. He is now knowingly reselling a stolen cue....containing a lot of ivory on Craigslist. My friend is the type who lets the world walk on him. He is a combat veteran from Vietnam...real action. He deserves better. Upstate APA, and this guys boss at JC Smith iun Syracuse will know of this too. Not letting this go.

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The rightful cue owner Gary plays out of my home room. Nicest guy in the world. He deserves better. We are going to ensure this is resolved.

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This Dude just called me up and threatened my life...I said bring it. Think my buddy sees the light now. Cops will be called.

Last edited:

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
this is a civil matter not a criminal one as no one stole any cue. your friend as you said lent it to someone, that is not a crime and he had possession of it. then he sold it. that could be a crime but you have to prove that person didnt receive it as a gift or give you money for it. and same as if he lost it it isnt a crome you have to get that person in court to pay. then duffy who paid for it from a person who had it legally at the time isnt wrong for keeping it.

the person you are after is the one who sold it to duffy who was lent the cue. if that was the case.

the police will not follow up on this but may ask the parties to return it and make the money right.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
The rightful cue owner Gary plays out of my home room. Nicest guy in the world. He deserves better. We are going to ensure this is resolved.

Did he(Gary) just go to Florida for a week or so? Think I met him a few weeks ago.
Jason

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
i hope the owner of the cue gets it back
and the thief gets what should be coming at him
good luck

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Did he(Gary) just go to Florida for a week or so? Think I met him a few weeks ago.
Jason

Yes
He's calling the cops...so he will get it back.

You cannot sell stolen property...makes no difference if you knew it was stolen or not. Once notified by the rightful owner the police will retrieve it.

This POS called me and made all kinds of threats....bring it punk.

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
this is a civil matter not a criminal one as no one stole any cue. your friend as you said lent it to someone, that is not a crime and he had possession of it. then he sold it. that could be a crime but you have to prove that person didnt receive it as a gift or give you money for it. and same as if he lost it it isnt a crome you have to get that person in court to pay. then duffy who paid for it from a person who had it legally at the time isnt wrong for keeping it.

the person you are after is the one who sold it to duffy who was lent the cue. if that was the case.

the police will not follow up on this but may ask the parties to return it and make the money right.

Not true.
If it is proven stolen it gets returned. The buyer goes after thief to recover his money. Case law in all states.

gesan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just want to tip my hat to the folks that are dedicated to helping the vet!

There should be more like you.

Boo of the week to the sidewalk attorney's!

Also as to the generalization that a thief and someone that would knowingly accept stolen items are somehow cut from the same cloth. That's way out of line and an insult to thieves everywhere. Any knucklehead can knowingly accept stolen items. But thieves depending on several factors can be anything from a convict to an elected official. In fact there is a big building in the center of our nations capital that is chock full of scoundrels, many that look down on comrades that are only thieves. Similar to gamblers in the poolroom that look down on ball beaters.

Some thieves that I'm sure have knowingly accepted stolen items too have been elected president. So be careful when you generalize , you might po some very powerful thieves!

I hope you get your friends cue back for him. I wouldn't worry too much about legalities, many of the po- lease don't. Just don't get you or friend in over your heads. The vet might be out a cue stick in the worst case. But he is wealthy in the things that matter.

Good luck! Be careful! Respect to those that are determined to make things right!

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just want to tip my hat to the folks that are dedicated to helping the vet!

There should be more like you.

Boo of the week to the sidewalk attorney's!

Also as to the generalization that a thief and someone that would knowingly accept stolen items are somehow cut from the same cloth. That's way out of line and an insult to thieves everywhere. Any knucklehead can knowingly accept stolen items. But thieves depending on several factors can be anything from a convict to an elected official. In fact there is a big building in the center of our nations capital that is chock full of scoundrels, many that look down on comrades that are only thieves. Similar to gamblers in the poolroom that look down on ball beaters.

Some thieves that I'm sure have knowingly accepted stolen items too have been elected president. So be careful when you generalize , you might po some very powerful thieves!

I hope you get your friends cue back for him. I wouldn't worry too much about legalities, many of the po- lease don't. Just don't get you or friend in over your heads. The vet might be out a cue stick in the worst case. But he is wealthy in the things that matter.

Good luck! Be careful! Respect to those that are determined to make things right!

True
Im never surprised how low some people are over a few bucks. He knew it was stolen. He did when,he bought it. When he sent it to be refinished and when,he posted it on our local craigslist. Guy has it here too Duffy1414....10 post...no iTrader and world class POS.
The people protecting him should be ashamed...but they too,are shameless. I'm going to hold him accountable.

Last edited:

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Yes
He's calling the cops...so he will get it back.

You cannot sell stolen property...makes no difference if you knew it was stolen or not. Once notified by the rightful owner the police will retrieve it.

This POS called me and made all kinds of threats....bring it punk.

Damn! Super nice guy, hope this is made right.
Jason

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Damn! Super nice guy, hope this is made right.
Jason

Please paint the guy red rep here. All his Phillippi cue listings in the for sale threads should come down. The man he is screwing is a 2 tour combat Vietnam Marine. He should be ashamed.
Upstate APA and Brick House Billiards shelter this guy. He should be thrown out for trash he is. Owner of BHB has know Gary 30 years....real nice.

pvc lou

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm glad to know mfarrey and sbc. Get Gary's sh1t back guys! Also, tell him I said hi :)

Duffy1414

Registered
the true story:

Gary let a guy use the stick to see if he liked it ...while it was in his possession he sold it to me , I did not know what was going on with the deal between Gary and the other gentleman. For all I knew he was just a guy selling a cue, I had never met this guy selling the cue before .
The cue isn't stolen , Gary gave it to him willingly to test.
I did send it out the next day to get completely refinished as it was in rough shape. It took 11 weeks and I got it back 3 weeks ago.
I have heard nothing about this from anyone until yesterday , when I started to become harassed/stalked ...which I have proof of.
I in turn called the police , I explained the story to the police officer , the officer called Brian last night and tried to explain to him that it is a civil matter between the guy that sold the cue and Gary...there is a Police report filed and again it was made clear to both Brian and Gary that I am not in fault in ant way. Gary has talked with the officer today and says he understands it is not my fault and that I have nothing to do with it ...I also have tried to contact Gary to work out a deal for him to get his cue back and he has not replied ….

PRED

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Leaving false i-trader screws the system we have in place. Lying to make you feel better screws everyone you are asking for help. I believe such false claims get you banned, no questions asked.

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Leaving false i-trader screws the system we have in place. Lying to make you feel better screws everyone you are asking for help. I believe such false claims get you banned, no questions asked.

I'm starting same thing there as here. So now I'm a liar?

The seller has returned the cue....because of our efforts to stand up for our customers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.